Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: South-East Gathering?  (Read 6855 times)

FRE07962128

South-East Gathering?
« on: 26 April 2008, 17:55:59 »

Who is interested in having a South-East Omega gathering in July or August? ?
I know a public house north of Ashford, Kent, at Challock on the crossroads of the A.251 / 252, where bikers are often encouraged by the Landlord & Lady to hold chairity events.

If there are no existing arrangements for such an event (I am new to this site, so PLEASE tell me if there are!) how about doing it to raise money for a popular charity (to be decided) and having a good time 8-)?

Anyone have any other suggestions or comments? :-/ :-/

I am prepared to arrange this if enough people are interested.

Please let me know!  ;) ;) :y

Lizzie Zoom :y
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 18:38:33 by FRE07962128 »

Debs.

Re: South-East Gathering?
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2008, 18:04:26 »

Who is interested in having a South-East Omega gathering in July or August?

I know a public house north of Ashford, Kent, at Challock on the crossroads of the A.251 / 252, where bikers are often encouraged by the Landlord & Lady to hold chairity events.

If there are no existing arrangements for such an event (I am new to this site, so PLEASE tell me if there are!) how about doing it to raise money for a popular charity (to be decided) and having a good time 8-)?

:) The Halfway House?  :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2008, 18:04:52 »

Hi Lizzie Zoom.Yep count me in,I know the pub you are talking about.July would suit me better as in France most of August.

FRE07962128

« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2008, 18:13:17 »

Who is interested in having a South-East Omega gathering in July or August?

:) The Halfway House?  :y

Right again Debs!! :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2008, 18:15:23 »

Hi Lizzie Zoom.Yep count me in,I know the pub you are talking about.July would suit me better as in France most of August.

Great thats one, and a senior member too! Thanks :y  

Debs.

« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2008, 18:25:26 »

I visit East Kent quite regularly, so I`ll try my hardest to come (but July might be better for me too).
Some of that local-cider would be delightfully welcome whilst sitting in the warm Kentish sunshine!  ;)

FRE07962128

« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2008, 18:35:06 »

I visit East Kent quite regularly, so I`ll try my hardest to come (but July might be better for me too).
Some of that local-cider would be delightfully welcome whilst sitting in the warm Kentish sunshine!  ;)

Right Debs, you're on!  July it is :y!   You mentioning cider has got my mouth watering..mmmm!   Bring on the cider...the cider...!!! ;D ;D :y

Damn!  Just remembered I'll be driving! :'(

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2008, 19:35:08 »

might come ,if poss.more likely to be on the bike than the car. :-/

FRE07962128

« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2008, 20:16:04 »

might come ,if poss.more likely to be on the bike than the car. :-/

Great!  Whatever you come in / on it would be lovely to meet you! :y ....and that makes it two Omega Knights and one Senior Member :y
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 20:17:11 by FRE07962128 »

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2008, 20:34:02 »

if no-one else turns up,it will just be you me and debs,people might talk ;) ;D ;D

FRE07962128

« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2008, 20:48:45 »

if no-one else turns up,it will just be you me and debs,people might talk ;) ;D ;D

Who cares! ;D ;)   People will just write us all off as Omega nuts anyway! ;D ;D

Beconboy

• Intermediate Member
  • DAGENHAM
    • 2000 3.0 OMEGA ELITE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2008, 21:49:22 »

i,ll have some of that but when in july? :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2008, 22:53:10 »

i,ll have some of that but when in july? :y

Don't know yet, but with all this interest already I think I will start to organise it! :y  First stop the Halfway House, Challock :y :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 April 2008, 09:21:12 »

I remember the old Halfway Cafe at Harrietsham,which closed about 8years ago.Some Sunday mornings there would be upwood of 500 motorbikes,and back in the late 60,s it was a regular haunt for the "rockers".They used to do speed trials along the A20 to the roundabout at the bottom of Challock Hill and back and take bets on the quickest...similar to the cafe by Brands Hatch and the dash down and back up "death hill"as it was then known..now Gorse Hill...Happy days ...

FRE07962128

« Reply #14 on: 27 April 2008, 09:27:35 »

I remember the old Halfway Cafe at Harrietsham,which closed about 8years ago.Some Sunday mornings there would be upwood of 500 motorbikes,and back in the late 60,s it was a regular haunt for the "rockers".They used to do speed trials along the A20 to the roundabout at the bottom of Challock Hill and back and take bets on the quickest...similar to the cafe by Brands Hatch and the dash down and back up "death hill"as it was then known..now Gorse Hill...Happy days ...

Yes indeed!  Now it's moved uphill to Challock and the Halfway House :y :y

See you there if arranged? ;)

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 27 April 2008, 20:14:53 »

I'm up for the meet depending on the date  :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

FRE07962128

« Reply #16 on: 27 April 2008, 22:15:33 »

I'm up for the meet depending on the date  :y

Ok thanks! :y  Date to be arranged :)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2008, 07:15:30 »

hi

i'm a virgin when it comes to kigs and meets so I will hopefully be able to attend dsependent on the date. :)

FRE07962128

« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2008, 09:49:14 »

hi

i'm a virgin when it comes to kigs and meets so I will hopefully be able to attend dsependent on the date. :)

Look forward to seeing you then once I have arranged it :y.

But this is all new to me too so any advice from anyone experienced at these meets would be gratefully received! :y :y

I have noticed the ones being arranged outside the South-East, especially in the North, are attracting more interest :-?  Why I am wondering :-?  Is it the classical North / South divide thing with us being more reserved in the South?! ;D ;D

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2008, 11:06:43 »

hi

But this is all new to me too so any advice from anyone experienced at these meets would be gratefully received! :y :y

I have noticed the ones being arranged outside the South-East, especially in the North, are attracting more interest :-?  Why I am wondering :-?  Is it the classical North / South divide thing with us being more reserved in the South?! ;D ;D

I think the real reason for that Lizzie is probably because there is a higher concentration of members in the North. The Lakes meet at Keswick is a nationwide meet where members come from all over the UK and chosen for it's beautiful setting and a reasonable location for members coming from Scotland and North and South of England. :y
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

FRE07962128

« Reply #20 on: 28 April 2008, 16:49:48 »

hi

I think the real reason for that Lizzie is probably because there is a higher concentration of members in the North. The Lakes meet at Keswick is a nationwide meet where members come from all over the UK and chosen for it's beautiful setting and a reasonable location for members coming from Scotland and North and South of England. :y

Now that IS very undestandable!  The Lake District is absolutely beautiful :y, and has been a popular destination for me over many years! :) :)

Perhaps when a meet goes on in that area I may very well motor up and enjoy myself! :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 April 2008, 17:34:31 »

hi

Now that IS very undestandable!  The Lake District is absolutely beautiful :y, and has been a popular destination for me over many years! :) :)

Perhaps when a meet goes on in that area I may very well motor up and enjoy myself! :y

There already is Lizzie, a 3 day event from 27-29th June. see here:-
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1205874019

FRE07962128

« Reply #22 on: 28 April 2008, 18:03:56 »

hi

There already is Lizzie, a 3 day event from 27-29th June. see here:-
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1205874019

Thanks Bob I now intend to go! :y

FRE07962128

« Reply #23 on: 30 April 2008, 06:56:17 »

So far we just have six members interested in this proposed meet out of the whole of the over populated South-East! :'( :'(    Is no-one else interested?  Would you like a different venue, perhaps one to match the beauty of 'the Lakes' in the North?

Please let me know! :y :) ;)
« Last Edit: 30 April 2008, 06:56:49 by FRE07962128 »

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 April 2008, 08:02:34 »

Hi LizzieZoom.. meeting is still fine with me.If only a couple of us meet up,well so be it,the rest don,t know what they might be missing.

FRE07962128

« Reply #25 on: 30 April 2008, 09:00:46 »

Hi LizzieZoom.. meeting is still fine with me.If only a couple of us meet up,well so be it,the rest don,t know what they might be missing.

Well that's very true! :y  We WILL still meet no matter what and enjoy ourselves! :y :y

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2008, 09:22:16 »

So far we just have six members interested in this proposed meet out of the whole of the over populated South-East! :'( :'(    Is no-one else interested?  Would you like a different venue, perhaps one to match the beauty of 'the Lakes' in the North?

I'm interested, just that with shift work don't always have weekends free...

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2008, 10:03:15 »

My time is always a bit crazy as I work most days including weekends,but with a bit of notice sure it can be sorted ..well its only work anyway !!!and would be good to meet some local OOF members.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 April 2008, 10:34:05 »

I think I should be able to make this meet depending on date. It's not going to be too far for me as I'm on the Herts/Essex border just a few miles from the M25 junction with the A10.

croydesurf

• Camberley, Surrey
  • My Motor Is A Preserved TVP Traffic Car
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 April 2008, 14:30:27 »

I would be up for coming along if something could be organised and I am not working.

Regards

Mark

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 April 2008, 16:05:36 »

Looks like we are moving in the right direction number wise.Will be good to meet up .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 April 2008, 18:52:20 »

How about all meeting up at the WIM open day (north side of M25)?  I know it will be an hour or 2 for most (its 1.5hrs for me), but it is probably central enough to encompass most of the southeast, ie Northampton/Banbury/Reading/Southampton/Kent/Essex/Beds etc?
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 April 2008, 20:04:43 »

How about all meeting up at the WIM open day (north side of M25)?  I know it will be an hour or 2 for most (its 1.5hrs for me), but it is probably central enough to encompass most of the southeast, ie Northampton/Banbury/Reading/Southampton/Kent/Essex/Beds etc?

Good idea. :y He's done the organising. We don't have to. I'll be there. Could always grab a beer / food afterwards if there's too many outsiders there. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 April 2008, 21:32:49 »

I wish I could but I'm working that day!  :( :( :(

Never mind, I'm sure I can attend another meet somewhere.

TB, are you going to attend the East Anglia meet?

Kevin, I'm down in your neck of the woods quite often and would like to have a look/chat with you about the LPG conversion (before I jump in and do mine!) so perhaps we can meet at a later date?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 April 2008, 21:40:12 »

I wish I could but I'm working that day!  :( :( :(

Never mind, I'm sure I can attend another meet somewhere.

TB, are you going to attend the East Anglia meet?

Kevin, I'm down in your neck of the woods quite often and would like to have a look/chat with you about the LPG conversion (before I jump in and do mine!) so perhaps we can meet at a later date?
Sadly unlikely at this stage...
Grumpy old man

FRE07962128

« Reply #35 on: 30 April 2008, 23:39:52 »

Yes thanks, that does sound good :y  We could then have a really large meet :y

What does everyone else who has stated an interest in meeting at the Halfway House in July think?  Should we all go to the WIM as The Boy suggests or the H/Way House, or both?! :-/ :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 May 2008, 01:01:24 »

Well, I haven't actually done my own one yet.  :-[

With the current petrol price situation I'll be ordering the bits ASAP though. I'd be more than happy to have a chat about them though. Just drop me a pm and let me know when you're passing by.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 May 2008, 08:19:37 »

TB.if we are now planning a meet at the WIM open day,will you be bringing your tech2 as would really like to get upgrade on gearbox and climate done if practical ?so if posible could I be put on the "list to be done jobs".Thanks.

LizzieZoom...no reason why we couldn,t do both meets as it would be good to see the locals and then a further a field meet with the other guys.

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 May 2008, 11:36:56 »

yep will b there unless my whole world ends abruptly.

;D

Hopefully still do july meet if know more definate date.  Have to arrange time off.  

Don't know what car i'l b in.  The migs in bits, hopefully b up and running by then.

Marie

• Omega Baron
  • Linconshire but works in oxfordshire
  • i am a hands on person, i like to get stuck in !!!
    • 2ltr LPG Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2008, 11:37:35 »

Well, I haven't actually done my own one yet.  :-[

With the current petrol price situation I'll be ordering the bits ASAP though. I'd be more than happy to have a chat about them though. Just drop me a pm and let me know when you're passing by.

Kevin

LazyDocker if you want to have a look round the lpg kit. i am only 30mins from kev.

Marie
Now has two miggs in our house hold. Both 2.0ltr 16v lpg'd. a MFL and a FL.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 May 2008, 15:13:30 »

Thanks Marie... I know Gosport pretty well tbh... Lived there for 14 years as a kid, although it's changed considerably since then!

It's not the kit I'm so concerned with really, more interested in suggested mounting points for components! I might still take you up on the offer though, just out of interest! My last car was a classic range rover with lpg so I have a fairly good understanding of lpg.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

FRE07962128

« Reply #41 on: 01 May 2008, 17:16:17 »

TB.if we are now planning a meet at the WIM open day,will you be bringing your tech2 as would really like to get upgrade on gearbox and climate done if practical ?so if posible could I be put on the "list to be done jobs".Thanks.

LizzieZoom...no reason why we couldn,t do both meets as it would be good to see the locals and then a further a field meet with the other guys.

RIGHT, that's decided then; we will do BOTH!  I will let everyone know of the July Halfway House meet date hopefully within the week :y
« Last Edit: 01 May 2008, 17:16:58 by FRE07962128 »

phil her up

• Intermediate Member
  • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03 May 2008, 15:29:49 »

RIGHT, that's decided then; we will do BOTH!  I will let everyone know of the July Halfway House meet date hopefully within the week
I know that place , it's about 20 miles from me, but I've not been in the pub, theres a good pub not far away the Red Lion at baddlesmere. Oh damn I no longer own a omega  :-/
I love the smell of welding in the morning

FRE07962128

« Reply #43 on: 04 May 2008, 04:08:03 »

RIGHT, that's decided then; we will do BOTH!  I will let everyone know of the July Halfway House meet date hopefully within the week
I know that place , it's about 20 miles from me, but I've not been in the pub, theres a good pub not far away the Red Lion at baddlesmere. Oh damn I no longer own a omega  :-/

Well be sensible then....go out and buy one!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Big_Al

« Reply #44 on: 04 May 2008, 20:35:36 »

I'm  up for this Lizzie. I'm a Bit late in getting involved, but haven't been able to do much on the forum last couple of weeks. various things going on, but sorted now.

Not to far for me , over the old Dartford Crossing and almost there eh :y  I'll keep a lookout for the date in July

Also hoping to be at WIM open day.   .

FRE07962128

« Reply #45 on: 05 May 2008, 14:48:37 »

I'm  up for this Lizzie. I'm a Bit late in getting involved, but haven't been able to do much on the forum last couple of weeks. various things going on, but sorted now.

Not to far for me , over the old Dartford Crossing and almost there eh :y  I'll keep a lookout for the date in July
Also hoping to be at WIM open day.   .

Thanks Big Al! :y  I should be finalizing during this week, and will let all of you known ;)

All the best. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.