Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: posssible 2012 midlands camp weekend.  (Read 8174 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: posssible 2012 midlands camp weekend.
« Reply #30 on: 07 December 2011, 00:05:08 »

Having been to several meets I'm not really sure what isn't child friendly about them :-\ Certainly seems that all kiddies present are watched by many eyes in addition to the parents :y

I'm guessing that one of the incidents referred to was a very late night glass throwing incident at one of the Essex meets?  ??? If so, it was a bit OTT but certainly wasn't in front of little ones AFAI can Remember :-\

The way I see it, stick a poll up and ask... At least you'll get the answers you want :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #31 on: 07 December 2011, 00:11:11 »

Essex meets finished early evening iirc ?  :-\

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 December 2011, 08:10:43 »

Having been to several meets I'm not really sure what isn't child friendly about them :-\ Certainly seems that all kiddies present are watched by many eyes in addition to the parents :y

I'm guessing that one of the incidents referred to was a very late night glass throwing incident at one of the Essex meets?  ??? If so, it was a bit OTT but certainly wasn't in front of little ones AFAI can Remember :-\

The way I see it, stick a poll up and ask... At least you'll get the answers you want :y
Anglia paul.
& Albs, yes your right. those who are not interested then please keep your opinions to yourself.
thankyou.

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 December 2011, 13:05:25 »

why dont you lot pick on someone your own miniscule size, as it would a midlands event, of course you "wont" be attending.
you really do need to grow up. :-*

Ooh handbags!  Midlands, hmm, nearer than Newent I'm thinking so yes attending would be a possibility.

It's a discussion, question was asked, ideas put forward.  Not our fault you share a different view on what a meet entails to us. ::)

For what its worth we've had more grief with other peoples kids (breaking our youngsters toys, tormenting our autistic child to tears....) than we ever had with drunken adults. >:(
Been there, fallen over it!

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 December 2011, 13:14:48 »

why dont you lot pick on someone your own miniscule size, as it would a midlands event, of course you "wont" be attending.

Ooh handbags!  Midlands, hmm, nearer than Newent I'm thinking so yes attending would be a possibility.

It's a discussion, question was asked, ideas put forward.  Not our fault you share a different view on what a meet entails to us. ::)

For what its worth we've had more grief with other peoples kids (breaking our youngsters toys, tormenting our autistic child to tears....) than we ever had with drunken adults. >:(
& your point o stroppy one...... ::)

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 December 2011, 13:19:50 »

......is to keep the spirit of OOF! ;)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 December 2011, 13:25:26 »

so why are you constantly arguing with with the op,s idea. im sure you all understand what i/we are saying.

Debs.

« Reply #37 on: 07 December 2011, 13:30:30 »

Those who wish to go to the meet - go. Those who dont wish to go - dont go.

:P You trouble causer! ;D

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 December 2011, 13:36:54 »

Those who wish to go to the meet - go. Those who dont wish to go - dont go.

:P You trouble causer! ;D
but true Debs.  :y

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 December 2011, 15:04:36 »

so why are you constantly arguing with with the op,s idea. im sure you all understand what i/we are saying.

Discussing my dear, not arguing!  :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 December 2011, 15:14:23 »

Personally.  No.  Ive been to lots of meets, with loads of kids and families, and all have seemed perfectly family friendly to me, everyone looking out for everyone elses kids, sharing treats etc.  Most the regular attending kids have formed very good friendships as have a lot of 'partners'.  Theres always day trips out to shops, cinema, bowling, farm parks etc going on, with a few families going here, there etc.

Only family unfriendly occurence I can think of is when a certain member got a bit carried away with an axe....but that was quickly and easily resolved.  This was well past any kids bedtime anyway.

Back to the op's original post of 'an honest answer please.'  I believe she has had it...
The majority see no need to have the evenings entertainment curtailed.
Yes organise a meet by all means, but I'm still unsure exactly what you've witnessed that you don't want a repeat of, and how reduced alcohol will help.

Drink has always featured in the meets, from a few drinks to relax, to homebrew sampling, whisky tasting, and of course the port and cheeseboard time.  One or 2 may drink to excess, but not normally with nastiness that ive seen.

No need for personal insults either when you don't like others viewpoints, keep it civil and friendly please.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2011, 15:16:50 by Jimbob »

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 December 2011, 17:13:44 »

The way I see it, all the meets I have been to have been 'family friendly', if they weren't, I certainly would not attend even though I don't bring any kids.

Having said that, if someone want's to organise a family and kids only meet, well that's up to them.

Now, lets just get back to the point, those that don't want to attend just give this thread a miss.

I know I will!

I like red cars

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 December 2011, 17:17:30 »

Anglia paul.
& Albs, yes your right. those who are not interested then please keep your opinions to yourself.
thankyou.

Is that not a bit ironic on a forum?  ::) Thats what forums are about?

Lets look back.....

A question is posted - "What about a kiddie focused meet?"

Most replied with an answer you did not like, so out with the hand bags and "Keep comments to yourself"  ??? ???

To me sounds like you are not getting response you wanted, so are in a bit of a huff  :-X

As has been mentioned many times, why not start a poll? Or organise a meet the way you want it run. You will get the answers/people you want.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 December 2011, 17:53:06 »

Locking at Op's request, this has definately run its course.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.