• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Shares
« Reply #45 on: 14 February 2021, 22:09:10 »

They eat algae ;D
does that mean i can stop giving them rice, veg, chicken, prawns, muscles, mealworms, koi pellets then  :-\
I'll save a fortune  :D
Only if you want algae flavoured pot noodles ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 February 2021, 23:14:41 »

Excellent food from Morrisons ?!!  :-X

Have to agree. I don't dislike Morrisons generally but the fresh food, meat fish etc, is shite.

I have a great independent butcher down the road. NOT more expensive than supermarkets. Great quality. And . . I get some excercise walking there. They have a huge coldroom lined with Himalayan Salt blocks where they dry age local beef. Fantastic! But ordinary stuff as well.

I do use supermarkets, but as little as possible.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 February 2021, 07:49:14 »

Morrisons are fast becoming the worst supermarket on the block, going down hill very fast (which is a pain as they are the closest to where we live), even Asda and Tesco are better now.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 February 2021, 07:50:02 »

Excellent food from Morrisons ?!!  :-X

Have to agree. I don't dislike Morrisons generally but the fresh food, meat fish etc, is shite.

I have a great independent butcher down the road. NOT more expensive than supermarkets. Great quality. And . . I get some excercise walking there. They have a huge coldroom lined with Himalayan Salt blocks where they dry age local beef. Fantastic! But ordinary stuff as well.

I do use supermarkets, but as little as possible.

We have two really excellent butchers one within walking distance & the other a short drive away , unfortunately both have been affected by the virus the design of the premises leaves a lot to be desired re distancing ,so we simply went for the best option for us I think one of them has reopened now but don't see the queues there like there used to be. Perhaps we are just lucky with our Morrisons we haven't had any problems bar one when they were an hour late with our delivery but the driver phoned & told us about the delay, full of praise for them for operating well through the pandemic, may also be in our favour that the manager of our branch lives four houses away from us.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2021, 07:55:30 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 February 2021, 12:17:26 »

Just got back from Asda for our weekly shop. Some of the bananas were brown and soft, some were nice. Some of the sirloin steaks were fatty and streaky, others were exactly as I like them. The Warburtons bread on the top shelf had a two day date, hidden underneath was the bread with the four day date. Blah, blah......I like to pick my own food and not leave it to a young girl/lad who just picks whatever is there.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 February 2021, 12:31:17 »

I have the choice of 2 Tesco's within a similar distance, but one is twice the size and does clothes etc.  I was in the bigger one the other day and I'm sure that there were more staff going round picking peoples online orders than customers.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 February 2021, 13:50:06 »

Choose to try and coincide my shopping to quieter times to avoid the herd who don't seem to know the meaning of "social distancing" or just giving others space. Have to take a chance as to whether the stuff is on the shelves or not. My local supermarket is a Sainsbury, they haven't impressed me over the pandemic, but they are improving. Must add, no, i don't have any shares.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15 February 2021, 23:03:18 »

I have the choice of 2 Tesco's within a similar distance, but one is twice the size and does clothes etc.  I was in the bigger one the other day and I'm sure that there were more staff going round picking peoples online orders than customers.

I gave up even attempting to order online. Unable to get delivery slots or slots that were so far in the future they were useless. So, I walk into town and shop local, or Tesco or Lidl after 7pm when there aren't too many oiks around trying to get as close to you as possible spreading their lurgi. Why is it that even in an almost empty shop, there is always someone who needs to look at exactly the same item on a shelf as me?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 February 2021, 23:38:51 »

For much the same reason as they park next to you in the far corner of the car park ::)

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 16 February 2021, 06:53:45 »

I've been in self isolation for 11 days, but at 8am in just over an hour, I am going to look at my list and decide wjetjer to drive 1/2 mile to Tesco, where they will definately have everything i need or Aldi, which is 5 miles away, to give the Omega a "run" out. But risk not getting everything on my list.
We've used about 30% of our lockdown emergency supply, but the cupboards look full, and both freezers are like playing tetras.
I did look the home delivery options.
Tesco was after 7pm in 2 weeks time. ASDA was available any afternoon or evening from tomorrow.
But I have yet to do an online shop.and I'm.not about to start.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 February 2021, 13:04:51 »

That sounds alot like whining.

And 5 miles won't even get the oil warm ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 February 2021, 14:21:14 »

That sounds alot like whining.

And 5 miles won't even get the oil warm ::)
And you should fickin know  ;D ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 February 2021, 14:54:44 »

Back to shares for a second.... the shares I mention earlier have more than doubled 😁😁😁
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16 February 2021, 14:55:33 »

Back to shares for a second.... the shares I mention earlier have more than doubled 😁😁😁
Lends a tenner..mate  :-*
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 16 February 2021, 15:46:01 »

Lends a tenner..mate  :-*

Us poor old pensioners are glad of an extra couple of quid a month , let alone dabbling in shares..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.