Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is It Me - or The Online Con ?  (Read 1240 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Is It Me - or The Online Con ?
« on: 26 February 2021, 02:47:24 »

Been shopping online with Asda/Tesco as long as I can remember.  Started seeing deliveries from Iceland where I live so decided to give them a try.   Good range of products etc.  So placed an order. ;)

1st order placed with £10 off next purchase offered off next order, didnt bother with it as not sure of the service yet.  Delivery arrives, free,  All complete delivery was 100% :y

2nd order - all of the above but £15 discount offered. :y

3rd order - Same as 2nd offer & 100% happy with delivery so singed up for the discount offer.

Here's where it went wrong, Seems I got charged a sign up fee of £15, this was not seen during the signup, will be dealing with the refund next few days. :-[
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Is It Me - or The Online Con ?
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2021, 03:11:16 »

Then whilst on Facebook (waiting for the digs to start) playing a game and flicking between sites and shopping etc something poped up to block popup ads, this was a setting that could be changed in Chrome settings and was free (so I thought, and part of Chrome)

So after switching this option on it occasionally popped up and reported its progress, so far very happy with it. :y

Afer a week a message pops up that the trial period has ended and a price of £39 is offered with no mention of it being a one off or yearly charge.  I ignored the purchase but carried on reading the bumf. :y

The offer changed from £39 to £19 with 2 more offers for different services like anti virus and someting else.  Both these extra offers said lifetime one off payments.

Being impressed with the adblock thing and seeing a big difference on my PC I purchases via Paypal and stored the reciept in my email folder. :y

1st p***take there was no mention of tax during purchase.
2nd p***take was more and more offers
3rd p***take was simply by refreshing the new offers to see if it changed I then found out the sods have taken another payment, this time £39 plus tax with my autherization. >:( >:(

Now beginning to wonder if its my age (60 in April) :-X
Or problems from the Brain issues caused an accident when I was 10 resunting in the 14" scar across my head........ :-\
Or the lack of female company during Covid times. :-* :'(

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2021, 10:17:28 »

Or the lack of female company during Covid times. :-* :'(

^THIS!^

I thought I'd get that in before Lord Opti wakes up!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2021, 10:33:00 »

I could understand some people falling for all that, but I had you pegged as being brighter :-\

Then I remembered you saying that you were on Faceachebook  ::)

Faceachebook only exists* to sell your details/preferences/interests to as many people as are prepared to pay in order to be able to bombard you with marketing shite.

It obviously works :-X

*sure you can also use it to form clubs and hobby groups, but this isn't what it is actually built for.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2021, 11:26:52 »

Refund sord on the cash back scam ::)

Seems they were going to help themselves to £15 a month for the privelidge.

Very clever wording in the offer . . . brain cells are fadeing, I should know better. :-X

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February 2021, 11:35:00 »

With regards the ad blocker. Cancel it, contact PP and do a charge back.

Then download, uBlock Origin - it's free and the most effective ad blocker I've found currently. If you insist on using FB, download FBP (Fluff Busting Purity - It used to be Facebook Purity, but they upset over the use of the name) this is a browser add on that cleans up you FB feed. Removes ad's and can be set to remove other annoying FB posts that match your criteria. Again this is free.

There is also a Facebook Sandbox program, which name escapes me. This tool makes sure that any activity on FB (cookies etc) can't interact with any other webpages/cookies/tabs. It puts FB in it's own sandbox which stops the tracking cookies etc. Again it's free.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February 2021, 13:18:20 »

There is also a Facebook Sandbox program, which name escapes me. This tool makes sure that any activity on FB (cookies etc) can't interact with any other webpages/cookies/tabs. It puts FB in it's own sandbox which stops the tracking cookies etc. Again it's free.
Although most ad agencies use other methods of tracking for when 3rd party cookies fail.  This is the reason the biggest online ad agency, Google, are removing the ability to use 3rd party cookies from their browser in the next few months :)

A better way of dealing with facebook is not to be so stupid as to sign up in the first place.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2021, 18:51:25 »

That was the 1st thing I did, they didnt want know, I told them I hadnt given my consent to take funds, They replied "There was no unauthorized access" :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 February 2021, 18:55:15 »

That was the 1st thing I did, they didnt want know, I told them I hadnt given my consent to take funds, They replied "There was no unauthorized access" :-\
PayPal are notoriously difficult to deal with. So much so, I'm considering closing my account. You might think that using a credit card entitles you to Section 75 protection if things go wrong, but if you use PayPal as a third party intermediary things can get very complicated.
Diesel till I die

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 February 2021, 20:46:21 »

PayPal are notoriously difficult to deal with. So much so, I'm considering closing my account. You might think that using a credit card entitles you to Section 75 protection if things go wrong, but if you use PayPal as a third party intermediary things can get very complicated.

I think they are all as bad as each other.  Creating & manipulating loop holes (like the way they earn thier money in the UK but control it abroad so they dont pay taxes)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2021, 13:21:04 »

All items fully refunded. :y

Adblock were hard work but got there in the end. :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2021, 19:24:43 »

All items fully refunded. :y

Adblock were hard work but got there in the end. :-X
Changing your bank account is pretty effective at stopping the more argumentative types :D
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.