Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Parliament to be suspended  (Read 11401 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Parliament to be suspended
« Reply #75 on: 30 August 2019, 17:50:35 »

Seeing as the tories have always been split, about 50:50 - much like the public - and are absolutely polarised in their view - again like the public - I would imagine about 50% of tories will rebel against Boris' shinnanigans.  Well, those with the balls. The usual spinless winkers will carry on sucking.  Again, much like the public.
Grumpy old man

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 30 August 2019, 17:59:14 »

Now also the "Grey Man", John Major you can add to the list! :o :o :o :o

Since he prorogued Parliament for longer than Boris intends, it shows him up to be a complete hyprocrite.  >:( >:( 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 30 August 2019, 18:00:40 »

If it all goes tits up a civil war will sort it out.........eventually.

Ah, so someone read my post Opti!! :-* :-* :-* :D :D :y

Lizzie....as a small child we had a cat called Cromwell, although it was much later before I became aware of the significance. :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Cromwell is many years dead now, much like his namesake. :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Named after Thomas or Oliver?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30 August 2019, 18:01:11 »

I would imagine about 50% of tories will rebel against Boris' shinnanigans.  Well, those with the balls. The usual spinless winkers will carry on sucking.

The ones with balls will back Boris and Brexit. It's the spineless Remaintards that are the problem.  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 30 August 2019, 18:17:20 »

I would imagine about 50% of tories will rebel against Boris' shinnanigans.  Well, those with the balls. The usual spinless winkers will carry on sucking.

The ones with balls will back Boris and Brexit. It's the spineless Remaintards that are the problem.  ;)
Now you know you've got that round wrong.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 30 August 2019, 18:26:45 »

No he hasn't.   Democracy depends on everybody no matter how they voted accepting the outcome of a vote.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 30 August 2019, 18:29:33 »

Exactly, and Im pretty sure TB agrees with that, so I presume he is winding us up.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 30 August 2019, 18:35:39 »

No he hasn't.   Democracy depends on everybody no matter how they voted accepting the outcome of a vote.  ::)
Although its a really dumbass thing to do, I agree we must leave, because that is democracy. "We" made that decision (for a variety of reasons), so we all must suffer it.

My point being those with balls will stand up against their leaders for the sake of their beliefs, and the knob jockeys will suck up to their leaders irrespective of their personal beliefs.

So those that stand up against the government are the ones with balls ;)
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 30 August 2019, 18:58:30 »

Although its a really dumbass thing to do, I agree we must leave, because that is democracy. "We" made that decision (for a variety of reasons), so we all must suffer it.

My point being those with balls will stand up against their leaders for the sake of their beliefs, and the knob jockeys will suck up to their leaders irrespective of their personal beliefs.

So those that stand up against the government are the ones with balls ;)

Again you are wrong.  They don't want change, they are afraid of change and they don't want the responsibility that comes with the control that the majority wanted them to have.  ::)

They would rather we get slowly but surely sucked into the Peoples Republic of Europe, so all the major decisions are made by the unelected eurocrats and they can continue to slumber on the green and red benches, rubber stamping everything from Brussels, while claiming their invented expenses and voting for huge pay rises every year!  :P

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 30 August 2019, 20:46:48 »

If it all goes tits up a civil war will sort it out.........eventually.

Ah, so someone read my post Opti!! :-* :-* :-* :D :D :y

Lizzie....as a small child we had a cat called Cromwell, although it was much later before I became aware of the significance. :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Cromwell is many years dead now, much like his namesake. :y :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Named after Thomas or Oliver?  ???

Ah yes, Oilver Cromwell, the one who acted "for the people" and got rid of a troublesome, absolute monarch, then after his death was dug up, was tried for treason (with others already dead!), hung at Tibury, then had is head cut off to be displayed on a twenty foot pike at Westminister Hall! :o :o

Let that be a reminder to anyone who thinks they are acting in the interests of the people, and then has the same people turn against them, even after death!

Any suggestions - list please........! ;D ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 30 August 2019, 21:10:15 »

, Oilver Cromwell, the one who acted "for the people" and got rid of a troublesome, absolute monarch, then after his death was dug up, was tried for treason (with others already dead!), hung at Tibury, then had is head cut off to be displayed on a twenty foot pike at Westminister Hall! :o :o

Tyburn Lizzie.  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 30 August 2019, 21:28:23 »

, Oilver Cromwell, the one who acted "for the people" and got rid of a troublesome, absolute monarch, then after his death was dug up, was tried for treason (with others already dead!), hung at Tibury, then had is head cut off to be displayed on a twenty foot pike at Westminister Hall! :o :o

Tyburn Lizzie.  ;)

Thanks!! :y
Damn, I meant to say that; getting older...I do not know why I typed Tilbury!  Maybe I was sub consciously thinking of the great day of 9th August 1588 and my namesake and heroine, Queen Elizabeth's stirring speech to the troops as The Amada, or rather the troops on the other side of the water, was still a threat.

What a great day to be English! 8) 8) :D ;)

PS I bet our beloved Queen of those days would deal with the Brexit of today. She would have had the French and Spanish diplomats dancing at her feet..... 8) 8) :-*

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 30 August 2019, 21:58:38 »

A very good article on why parliament is the problem & why they have let us all down over Brexit. This is not without president, where it was apparently like this in a 1930's parliament when Churchill said: "decided only to be undecided, resolved to be irresolute, adamant for drift, solid for fluidity, all-powerful to be impotent". :o

What shouldn't be forgotten is that for political gain and the threat of UKIP, Cameron called the EURef to decide the EU question once and for for this generation and we will implement whatever you decide. We now know that 'whatever you decide' was providing the majority voted remain, which silly us didn't get so the 17.4m majority voted the wrong way. :y

They also voted through the withdrawal legislation & triggered article 50 with about 350 MPs supporting it. We have sadly reached this inpass through May's deception & duplicy where she deliberately negotiated her surrender treaty to lock us into the EU as a vassal state & in the EU's own words to make us their first colony. The end result for that would have been our complete subjugation & plunder of our nation's wealth as this is what imperial powers do, or there is no point in having colonies. What it does show is not only does May hate the Tories as her 'nasty party' but she also hates and has complete contempt for every UK citizen. IMV May is the worst woman in UK's history to wield power since Bloody Mary Queen of Scots.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/29/parliament-brexit-prorogue-mps-alternative-no-deal
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #88 on: 30 August 2019, 22:11:28 »

I see nothing in that article about Theresa May, so why the venom?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 30 August 2019, 22:56:30 »

When history is written, probably not in our lifetime, we will find out what negotatiating strategy IF any TM had at the table.

We were sold down the river.

What magic can Boris conjure up in the remainder of Merkels 30 days?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.