Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Procedure to reset codes on CCRT 700 OnStar TUNER TAPE CD PHONE  (Read 3135 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

V828 CDX 2.5 petrol Omega manual estate
This is my last Omega. It has a Phillips CCRT 700 On Star radio cassette CD player sound system. Car is not often used, battery has gone flat, I disconnected it to recharge it. Now I find I have lost the handbook and Audio manual. I have the securiy codes, but not the procedure to reset them.
There are 4 buttons down the left of the fascia, labelled TUNER TAPE CD PHONE, and below them is a button labelled CODE in red. Down the right hand side is a numeric pad. I recall there is a code for the tuner and another for the CD.
Can someome please advise the procedure to reset the codes. Many thanks.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Re: Procedure to reset codes on CCRT 700 OnStar TUNER TAPE CD PHONE
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2020, 19:26:18 »

Fairly sure there will be a video of the procedure on You Tube  Terry.
 Just put in  CCRT 700 Code re set .   Seem to recall you have to have radio switched on when you turn the ignition on  with those ones  . . . or something like that  . . .been a long time since i had one of those   ;) ;)  HTH
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2020, 19:30:10 »

Just put in  CCRT 700 Code re set .   Seem to recall you have to have radio switched on when you turn the ignition on  with those ones  . . . or something like that  . . .been a long time since i had one of those   ;) ;)  HTH
He doesn't need to reset it, Al, just the entry method he needs. I'll have a mooch around t'internet.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2020, 19:41:15 »

He doesn't need to reset it, Al, just the entry method he needs. I'll have a mooch around t'internet.

Thats what I meant Steve . . .   code insert procedure  . . .My bad   ;D ;D ;D
I have found it on You Tube  . . .but being a PC  dickhead   I cant post a link  :-[ :-[
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2020, 19:49:59 »

Try this  . . .

Turn ignition off

Press and hold AS  button and turn ignition on. Keep AS pressed until you hear a beep

Display will then read 10  ( if you ain't been fiddling with it ) You only get 10 goes at this.

Press  button  1  until the first digit of your code shows on the display

Press button  2   until the second digit of your code shows on display

Same with  button  3   and  button  4   this completes and  enters your 4 digit code

Then press and hold the AS button again until you hear another beep and radio will come back to life

If display changes to 9     then you have entered the wrong code .   and you have 9 goes left before it locks completely  :'( :'(

Be lucky    :y :y
« Last Edit: 15 April 2020, 19:56:00 by Alnico Blue »

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2020, 20:01:17 »

Thanks. Sounds like what I am remembering. But there are 2 codes, one for the radio, one for the CD. I saw the u-tube video appear once, did not apppear again I shall try again.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2020, 20:09:26 »

Thanks. Sounds like what I am remembering. But there are 2 codes, one for the radio, one for the CD. I saw the u-tube video appear once, did not apppear again I shall try again.

Cant remember there being 2 codes when i had my MFL Elite with one of those in it.

My shout would be try the radio code first .  be aware that every attempt counts down on the ammount of attemps you have left before it locks and . . . . .
as I recall every attempt takes an increasing time before you can try again  :o :o

Ah . . . :-\ :-\ :-\ hang on this is the one with the 6 CD changer in the boot  . . .so maybe there are 2 codes  . . . .    best give it a try  . . .if no worky . . .get more advice before you use up all the attempts   :o :o :o
« Last Edit: 15 April 2020, 20:14:20 by Alnico Blue »

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2020, 20:31:31 »

Cant remember there being 2 codes when i had my MFL Elite with one of those in it.

My shout would be try the radio code first .  be aware that every attempt counts down on the ammount of attemps you have left before it locks and . . . . .
as I recall every attempt takes an increasing time before you can try again  :o :o

Ah . . . :-\ :-\ :-\ hang on this is the one with the 6 CD changer in the boot  . . .so maybe there are 2 codes  . . . .    best give it a try  . . .if no worky . . .get more advice before you use up all the attempts   :o :o :o
That's right. As I recall, I put in the radio code first, then put in the CD code.
I remember the pain getting a code wrong, then having a wait till I could try again, and the wait getting longer afrer every mistake.  U

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 April 2020, 19:33:44 »

Thanks for suggestion. It seems no member has the audio manual for this rare audio unit. I used to have one, but as this is my last Omega and the MOT expires on April 24th I was planning its imminent scrapping. Now the MOT has been extended six months and I fear I may have dumped the audio manual. Silly Me.
I will run through the u-tube videos and your suggested procedure. and have a go soon.
Thanks again.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2020, 09:37:48 »

The key to the radio code is:
Ign on
Radio off
Ign off
Ign on
Press/hold AS then turn radio on via on/off button
Release AS at beep
Enter code as stated above

It absolutely must be in a condition where it starts with the radio off and the ign on (most people fall into trap of thinking turning the ign on, thus turning radio on, with the key is good enough).

Let me check if I still have a MFL manual, but from memory, same procedure, but using the CDC button instead of AS, and done after the radio code has been successful.

Oh, and don't let batteries go flat, it severely damages them. Even if you get it to charge, it will only last a few weeks/months.
Grumpy old man

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2020, 12:43:16 »

Success! Joy Unbounded! Radio and CD both working again. Thanks to all for advice.
In the end it was intuitive, almost helpful, so long as I had the right code. Here is what I did.

Re-connected battery earth lead. Started engine. Radio came to life, displaying
       SAFE 
I switched off the radio. Switched off the engine.
Ignition on 2
Pressing and holding in AS, switched on radio on/off button, radio obligingly beeped,and displayed  ---- 10 , SAFE beneath.
I pressed button 1 4 times, display went to 1111.

Turned off ignition, paused, started again.

This time I pressed buttons 4 0 5 3 and 4053 appeared on the display;
the radio set began to seek radio stations, eventually playing Classic FM, until a government message broke in, ordering me to 'stay home unless absolutely necessary, then only to buy food, for exercise, or go to work, if working from home is impossible.'

I still had to put in the CD code. I pressed the CD button; the CD player promptly took over, playing disc 1, track 1, without asking for the CD code, which I never told it.

So, all's well that ends well. The car that I had planned to scrap, when its MOT expires on April 24th, lives on for 6 more months. In that period much may happen, something must change. I still think Sweden has it right.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2020, 14:41:24 »

Glad to hear it is all working now Terry

I nearly got it right    ;D ;D ;D  Lucky that TB was on the case .

However seems  I was right in thinking that you only have to put in one code .

Long time ago I had the MFL Elite . ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2020, 18:40:35 »

The CD Changer does have a code, but its possible to disable it from asking, which has obviously happened at some point in its life.

:)
Grumpy old man

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2020, 02:13:57 »

I still think Sweden has it right.

Correct.  Buy a Saab.  ;D
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 April 2020, 15:45:17 »

P.S. After setting the code, as I am in coronavirus lockdown I removed the battery to recharge it occasionally. Today, just to give the engine an occasional run and circulate the oil, I put the battery back and started the engine. Radio said SAFE and 10. Without any more ado, engine still running I popped in 4 0 5 3, it said OK, I pressed and held AS button, and it retuned the radio, I pressed CD and it began playing CD1 track 1. Thank you all again, I have established that I can pop in the right radio code without detailed foreplay and thus can reset the radio, and the CD code I do not need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.