Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: late Y Reg 2001 3.2 Mv6 Estate auto , couple months Mot and 11 months tax.  (Read 3495 times)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....

Good bits.

Body work pretty good for age,  no real problems with tin worm,  2 scratches on rear nearside panel,  1 on bootlid,  and scrape on rear offside bumper (subject to insurance claim at present,  it's a minor car park thing,  and i was sat in the car at the time, so the old cow was not just going to walk away from it....  )

Currently has a sports type grille,  but will also be supplied with the original in a box...

mechanicals...

Good.
in the last couple of years,  all round new original GM shocks , (proper shortened for lowered chassis Mv6 OEM from AndyC) , new rear springs (ditto lowered chassis ones) ,  new front wishbones, drop links and roll bar bushes.
couple of months ago, all new brake pads.
2 new front tyres.
Exhaust about 10 months old
new plugs last oct/nov,  along with cam cover gaskets (and breathers cleaned etc)
converted to metal can oil filter last october...

it is About to get a new HBV , Crank sensor and Aux drive belt.   to make it driveable.....     and stop the very minor oil leak....  and an oil+filters  change

Interior
Full Black leather,  in reasonable nick, ditto carpets....  there have generally always been mats in the thing, so the carpet belies the mileage.

NCDC2013 (NOT CID), both lasers fully operational, 2 disc carts fully operational,  2009/10? ish original NAV disc.

Indifferent
O2 sensor location moved post pre-cat or whatever it is that mod is that stops EML continually triggering on post100k miggys.
power sounder removed....   TB style...

fitted with Towbar and twin electrics.

(and hell yes it works.....   )

bad.
needs position 2 O2 sensor passenger bank. EML on,  ONLY code stored is 0141 ,  P2 O2 sensor heater circuit open.

could use a WIM visit,  it tends to the left a bit. and squirms a bit under braking.
HID lenses really need sanding and polishing.
Aircon needs regas , and frankly, the compressor bearings are shot....

small recurring chip in windscreen,  been done by 2 different chip repair jobs over last 3 years...  keeps coming back , but never gets any bigger.

some stone chip paint damage on front.

and the rear end marks already mentioned.
boot floor catch for spare wheel compartment, buggered.... 

Will soon need at least one rear tyre...   (tread wear getting a bit thin,  ) and i usually do them in pairs....  you really should you know..... 

brake pad wear sensors not replaced by muppets who last did my brakes.... so warning comes up, despite them only being 10 weeks old.

Mileage at about 156k now....

it's due another cambelt in the next 5k.

AFAIK ,  everything apart from aircon works....  (aside from repairs to be carried out before buyer collects...

If buyer wants the cam belt and o2 sensor and so on done,  i could perhaps arrange  to do it at the same time as the other bits,  but at your expense.....   if you ask and pay before i get the rest done. that is....  think currently planning  )   

I repeat 11 months tax.....   so..... 

As bonus bits.... buyer will also get.

1) FL elite Photochromatic rear view mirror, intended to fit to this, never got around to it.... 
2) 2 spare piles of bits that are/were variously workable NCDC2013 units. 1 or both may have satnav lasers working....  , one should also have CDC laser spare.
3)1 spare GID(or is it MID<  ??   the monochrome jobby for satnav ncdc2013 )
4)1 buggered, but possibly repairable CID,.....   no code.... but married to one of the similarly non functional but possibly repairable units mentioned above.

( i was going to drop all that lot of to TB for experimenting the next time i went thru Brackley,  however,  not been anywhere near the place since i came up with that idea....  )

original car pass, and car pass code for 1 spare GID/NCDC , no code for CID or second spares NCDC.

there are some pics in the gallery of her in her glory prior to marks at rear...   ,  I'll take some more current ones on friday when i get home.....

shall I open negotiations at £900?

that works out to be about £660 for the car and 240 for tax??? 

I will ebay the thing once the stuff has been fitted....   ,  but i thought i'd mooch it up here first, as i'd prefer it went to someone who'd appreciate it and care for it.  and you wont ask stupid questions about o2 sensors,

again ,  when i get home on Friday,  I will dig out the MOT and post exact date..... 

V5 present,  big pile of old MOTs and some invoices.....   handbook and car pass .....  also present....

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile

a bit late,   I've been a busy boy....

MOT expires October the 5th.

Pictrues.

Taken this morning,   Without a wash and polish....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16491186@N03/sets/72157634545976356/

Earlier photos for shiny shiny , this is how it looks when it IS washed and polished..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16491186@N03/sets/72157627959477178/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16491186@N03/sets/72157627906844558/

it does still come up that good when washed and polished properly....  i've just not had time as i've been insanely busy with work ....

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile

Well,  it's off to the scrap yard then.

i'll send the tax back and scrap it end of the week,   not got time or patience or space to be dicking about.... 

chrisgixer

Mv6 Estate is a rare car Max. Patience patience.

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile

My driveway is a foot shorter than the Mv6....
 and I've now swapped the insurance to the Jag,
 so ,under the new and bloody stupid continuous insurance rules,   as i understand it,  I   am required to send tax back and SORN it ,  at which point it becomes harder to do anything with..... 

reckon i can get away with the end of the week,  but seriously, it needs to be done.

Ebay failed to reach the £750 reserve,  highest bid was £350   and i will get more (considerably so...  )  for returning the tax and weighing it in (AND there's a scrappy less than a mile from my house)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile

Very sad to see this go to the scrapper :(

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

Is twiggy still collecting them  :-\

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

Might be worth a pm  ;)

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile

You can leave putting it on sorn until they write to you. Money making/grabbing f*****s
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile

Is twiggy still collecting them  :-\

doubt it,  he's selling his elite....  if he'd done so a few weeks earlier i'd have had it like a shot.....    too late now....  I'm jaguar'ed up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.