Author Topic: PAYE  (Read 912 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
PAYE
« on: 27 July 2013, 12:00:55 »

Last week SWMBO received a surprise letter from HMRC to say that she'd not paid enough tax.  ??? HTF you end up short changing the tax office when you're on PAYE is a mystery to me.  ??? The answer given was that it was something to do with the yearly allowance being divided up incorrectly ie 12 or 13  pay packets a year (or 52 & 53 pay packets a year for the very few of us in the world that are weekly paid)

Anyway, I got mine today too. Apparently I also under paid HMRC by almost £200 last tax year. It seems that the outside company that does our pay/tax in the land of Beanz has done the same as ASDA's pay firm.

Anyone else had an under payment letter?  :-\  :-\

Big_Al

Re: PAYE
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2013, 13:28:25 »

i'm self employed but  . . .  HMRC claimed an extra £400 off of me from tax year  2011 /2012

My accountants said it had to paid along with many thousands of other self employed people who also had this .

Apparantly HMRC  moved the goalposts on tax relief on certain items  but neglected to tell anyone  ::) ::) ::)

My accountants negociated with HMRC & it was added to the 2012/13 bill  . . still had to pay though

HMRC seem to be a law unto themselves  . . .what they say goes  . . .even if it is their mistake  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2013, 16:10:28 »

My ex-next door neighbour got a £2000 tax bill just before he retired where his PAYE had been underpaid, which he had to pay. With a £120bn deficit and a 43% of GDP habit to feed, they will grab whatever they can, in anyway that they can.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2013, 21:21:40 »

I did have one saying I owed them £ 500...always been PAYE...wrote them a short impolite letter and today got a cheque off them for £1270!!!!.....there was a story about march time saying the hmrc was going to double check everyone's tax payments and I am guessing that is what they are doing
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2013, 21:29:12 »

So far this year I owed them £400, then when queried it went down to 8p now it is apparently £143 , oppstards  >:(
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2013, 21:34:20 »

They do seem to be a law unto themselves  :(

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2013, 21:52:47 »

it is the only government agency that you are guilty until proven innocent...tossers
« Last Edit: 27 July 2013, 22:04:32 by the alarming man »
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2013, 11:24:55 »

My best mate's missus works for a small outsourced payroll firm, and she says it is incredibly common for balls-ups. Its usually the payroll companies that cock-up, but HMRC aren't exactly innocent either. This should hopefully improve now HMRC have (near) real time access to pay.

Last year, HRMC put me (and a whole load of other peeps) on a K tax code (K = you're gonna be butt-screwed on tax), from what I know about payroll and tax, I know it was a non-HMRC cock-up, our own company's (a very large corporate) payroll were insistent that their biffs hadn't made a mistake, HRMC were helpful enough to say where the mistake was, yet still our payroll people refused to acknowledge for weeks, and a lot of shouting, letters and generally being dicked around.

The issue was a small (legal) change of company name, so they'd submitted the tax info to HRMC under 2 different empoyers, thus HMRC assumed we had 2 jobs, and K coded one of them.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2013, 11:47:31 »

My best mate's missus works for a small outsourced payroll firm, and she says it is incredibly common for balls-ups. Its usually the payroll companies that cock-up, but ....

Our payroll was in-house until fairly recently. I already know what work will say ....... ''we don't deal with it - it's not our problem''   :-X  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2013, 20:34:48 »

My best mate's missus works for a small outsourced payroll firm, and she says it is incredibly common for balls-ups. Its usually the payroll companies that cock-up, but ....

Our payroll was in-house until fairly recently. I already know what work will say ....... ''we don't deal with it - it's not our problem''   :-X  :-X
The advantage of outsourcing ;)
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2013, 21:14:30 »

The advantage of outsourcing ;)

it is if you're in anti-personnel  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.