Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: tidy cheap Omega around £500ish  (Read 5036 times)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Wanted: tidy cheap Omega around £500ish
« on: 05 January 2010, 16:25:50 »

Hi folks!  Thanks for reading this  :y

We have sold my wife's little hatchback and now want to find another Omega as the second car to supplement my immaculate/obsessed over 2.2 CD auto.

Base spec is fine, any age, pref 2.0/2.2, any colour, happy xplod V6, mileage no issue if well maintained, must be MOTd and taxed and suitable for reliable, safe local use.

Happy to do easy cheap minor jobs and any valeting or fiddling-have got time and OCD on my side!!!

Main thing is it must smell fresh-not choked with air fresheners, faggy or doggy-as my wife will not even get in it   ;)

We are in Leominster HR6, near Worcester, Hereford etc-but will travel for the right car; flew to Glasgow to pick up the last hatchback....

Please PM with pictures if poss, many thanks!

alunonhisown

Re: Wanted: tidy cheap Omega around £500ish
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2010, 17:05:55 »

Leominster!!!!

I would have thought you would make a trip thursday night to see Kingsland Auction Services, there's usually a pile of scrap metal for sale there, and a few good omegs'a as well.

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2010, 17:08:32 »

Would rather have one off here.....!

I'd like a genuine car being sold for a genuine reason....

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: tidy cheap Omega
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2010, 13:28:54 »

Ideally about £500, but may pay a bit more for the right car  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2010, 13:59:18 »

We have sold my wife's little hatchback and now want to find another Omega as the second car to supplement my immaculate/obsessed over 2.2 CD auto.

Base spec is fine, any age, pref 2.0/2.2, any colour, happy xplod V6, mileage no issue if well maintained, must be MOTd and taxed and suitable for reliable, safe local use.

Happy to do easy cheap minor jobs and any valeting or fiddling-have got time and OCD on my side!!!

Main thing is it must smell fresh-not choked with air fresheners, faggy or doggy-as my wife will not even get in it   ;)

We are in Leominster HR6, near Worcester, Hereford etc-but will travel for the right car; flew to Glasgow to pick up the last hatchback....

Thats my MV6 out then - after every OOF meet, it seems to come home with 10,000 new air fresheners (long story, and the memory of it makes me angry).
Grumpy old man

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2010, 14:03:55 »

Thats my MV6 out then - after every OOF meet, it seems to come home with 10,000 new air fresheners (long story, and the memory of it makes me angry).

What's the story???!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2010, 14:40:13 »

What's the story???!
Mentioning such things is detrimental to people's membership status  :-X
Grumpy old man

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2010, 18:58:46 »

The plod had a few 3.2 MV6 Estates in Kingsland the last few weeks one fetched £600 whilst the other 2 fetched £1000+ all were white

there is usually atleast 1x omega a week at Kingsland most of the nails have gone through the scrapage scheme so most of the cars at kingland are good

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2010, 20:17:46 »

The plod had a few 3.2 MV6 Estates in Kingsland the last few weeks one fetched £600 whilst the other 2 fetched £1000+ all were white

there is usually atleast 1x omega a week at Kingsland most of the nails have gone through the scrapage scheme so most of the cars at kingland are good

Interesting-may take a look then  :y

mantahatch

« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2010, 20:28:00 »

May I offer you my 1996 2.5CDX in Z283 Nautilus blue, which actually looks green.
It has been in our family since it about 4 years old.
It has MOT till September, last time only advise was slight corrosion on rear brake pipes. And it is MOTed at a Vauxhall dealer.
Taxed till end of June.
Interior has been changed for Elite cloth seats with heated rear seats and they all work. The original seats are also available and I am willing to refit them if you would prefer.
New windscreen fitted a couple of months ago.
Cam belt and tensioners and water pump fitted last year at 102,000 miles. Now on 107.000 miles.
It has Irmscher grille and a rear spoiler (not Irmscher) with high level brake light in it.
Has working electric rear blind.

Overall in good condition except the following:

The rear passenger side door has dent in it.
The outside temparature sensor can be erratic.
There is cap missing off the air con pipes, but climate control works.
Sunroof occasionally sticks, I put this down to lack of use as I have allways used the climat control.
It does have a few stone chips and minor marks consistant with age, but for it's age it looks very good.

The car is located in Fair Oak near Southampton. You are more than welcome to view it with no obligations whatsoever
I can email you photo's but the car does have rather a lot of snow on it at the moment.

Lastly, the battery was showing signs of age, but I will fit a brand new Vauxhall battery when I sell the car.

It has had my personalised number plate on it, and I am in the process of transfering it to my new car. And the car will not be available until after the transfer.

Price wise I am thinking, around £400 ono

Oh yes, never been smoked in, and we don't have dogs. It has occasionally taken our cat to vet's, but the cat has been in a pet carrier.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2010, 20:30:15 by mantahatch »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2010, 20:39:02 »

What's the story???!
Mentioning such things is detrimental to people's membership status  :-X

Why, oh why, do you keep tempting fate ::) ::) ::) I mustn't comment :-X :-X :-X
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2010, 21:18:41 »

May I offer you my 1996 2.5CDX in Z283 Nautilus blue, which actually looks green.
It has been in our family since it about 4 years old.
It has MOT till September, last time only advise was slight corrosion on rear brake pipes. And it is MOTed at a Vauxhall dealer.
Taxed till end of June.
Interior has been changed for Elite cloth seats with heated rear seats and they all work. The original seats are also available and I am willing to refit them if you would prefer.
New windscreen fitted a couple of months ago.
Cam belt and tensioners and water pump fitted last year at 102,000 miles. Now on 107.000 miles.
It has Irmscher grille and a rear spoiler (not Irmscher) with high level brake light in it.
Has working electric rear blind.

Overall in good condition except the following:

The rear passenger side door has dent in it.
The outside temparature sensor can be erratic.
There is cap missing off the air con pipes, but climate control works.
Sunroof occasionally sticks, I put this down to lack of use as I have allways used the climat control.
It does have a few stone chips and minor marks consistant with age, but for it's age it looks very good.

The car is located in Fair Oak near Southampton. You are more than welcome to view it with no obligations whatsoever
I can email you photo's but the car does have rather a lot of snow on it at the moment.

Lastly, the battery was showing signs of age, but I will fit a brand new Vauxhall battery when I sell the car.

It has had my personalised number plate on it, and I am in the process of transfering it to my new car. And the car will not be available until after the transfer.

Price wise I am thinking, around £400 ono

Oh yes, never been smoked in, and we don't have dogs. It has occasionally taken our cat to vet's, but the cat has been in a pet carrier.

pm sent  :y

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 January 2010, 18:16:41 »

There is quite a few laid up omegas in hereford mainly all rusty 4pots there is a V6 Elite Estate nr Redstone in Burghill been in someones back garden for years its a 99 T Reg

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2010, 18:19:42 »

There is quite a few laid up omegas in hereford mainly all rusty 4pots there is a V6 Elite Estate nr Redstone in Burghill been in someones back garden for years its a 99 T Reg

Could do with a runner-no rush-will wait for the right one

Cheers  :y

I would go to see the previous posted one in Southampton but it is miles away.... seen a couple (not OOF members) but not keen

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2010, 18:48:30 »

Should I be worried for mine :-/

Mick ;)
« Last Edit: 08 January 2010, 18:48:52 by MickAP »

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2010, 19:38:05 »

Could do with a runner-no rush-will wait for the right one

Cheers  :y

I would go to see the previous posted one in Southampton but it is miles away.... seen a couple (not OOF members) but not keen
Distance is immaterial if it ticks all the boxes :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 January 2010, 10:30:06 »

We did a 600 mile round trip to view our first Omega

We bought it on sight and it never let us down in 2 yrs heavy motoring......

Worth the trip if its the right car.......
« Last Edit: 09 January 2010, 10:32:02 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 January 2010, 10:39:35 »

Yes it's true-I have flown to Scotland to pick up a car before, it's just at present I work all week, my wife works weekends and  we need to entertain our toddler in shifts making long distance tricky  :y

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2010, 12:48:02 »

Yes it's true-I have flown to Scotland to pick up a car before, it's just at present I work all week, my wife works weekends and  we need to entertain our toddler in shifts making long distance tricky  :y

I know what you mean Geoff.....Mrs Webby works nights and looks after baba all day bless her.....

Any spare time we get together we are either shopping or playing around either in the garden or down on West Park

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 January 2010, 02:28:21 »

So, have you found one, or are you interested in a 1998 2.0l GLS estate, auto, very very clean and loads of history with less that 70k miles. swmbo is using it every day and the snow has not stopped it... :o :o

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 January 2010, 06:48:20 »

So, have you found one, or are you interested in a 1998 2.0l GLS estate, auto, very very clean and loads of history with less that 70k miles. swmbo is using it every day and the snow has not stopped it... :o :o

PM sent :y

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 January 2010, 08:30:00 »

Still looking but chasing rainbows I think... :-?

Need a car for my wife, but can't have a repeat of the time and effort it has taken to get mine right.  She only does a few miles a week and is currently walking and using the train and we do not have much money at present.

I am faced with cancelling her car off the multicar policy and not getting much of a refund for taking one car off and losing the breakdown cover-non-refundable, then having to pay loads to put another car on in the future, or finding the right car now, which at £500 is unlikely.

If money was easier, I would give her "the list car" and buy the 23k miler 2.6V6 CD in Hagley on Autotrader, then LPG it.

Hrummph.

So still looking, but for a miracle.....a really good £500 car that we both like, locally, that needs little money spending on.  Unlikely  :'(

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2010, 13:20:24 »

Had to give up the idea of another for now as my own car has eaten more money than the budget by needing both wishbones, 4 new tyres, rear springs, some towbar electrical work, new cruise stalk and gear selector lock actuator  >:(

Thanks for the posts and pms-will post again when ready  :y

pedroMV6

• Omega Knight
  • York
  • Der Metzgermeister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 January 2010, 16:33:34 »

That one in my PM no good then?
Looked a good un to me. :y
Loving the Vectra C 2.2 diesel!

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 January 2010, 19:26:02 »

Had to give up the idea of another for now as my own car has eaten more money than the budget by needing both wishbones, 4 new tyres, rear springs, some towbar electrical work, new cruise stalk and gear selector lock actuator  >:(

Got a good one on my breaker mate if it`s any good to you. PM me your addy and I`ll chuck it in the post FOC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 January 2010, 23:32:57 »

Got a good one on my breaker mate if it`s any good to you. PM me your addy and I`ll chuck it in the post FOC

pm sent  :y

andy757

• Belchamp Walter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 February 2010, 23:24:20 »

1996, N reg, 2 litre GLS Estate, Green, alloys, 149k. Only had it 3 weeks but have been offered a job abroad so it needs to go. Tax to April, MOT to October, 2 centre and rear exhaust, good tyres, 10 CD changer in the boot area.

Located in Suffolk, near Sudbury

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2010, 14:12:36 »

If you want the right car buy mine 96 V6 (see my post for sale) only needs blower motor and housing sorted. If you want pics send me your email I havnt learned how to put them on forum
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.