Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris outside number 10  (Read 2431 times)

STEMO

Boris outside number 10
« on: 24 July 2019, 15:54:53 »

Jesus! He's making some BIG promises  :o

STEMO

Re: Boris outside number 10
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2019, 16:03:14 »

Boris is da man. Yay!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2019, 16:03:49 »

It's fine, he's now moved onto the post-brexit Britain on the world stage/rebuild the empire bobbins.   ::)

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2019, 16:08:07 »

It's fine, he's now moved onto the post-brexit Britain on the world stage/rebuild the empire bobbins.   ::)
I want him to succeed, in fact I'm desperate for him to succeed, but he can't if people just continue to whine about how he's got no chance of doing any of the things he promises.
If he fails because certain people want him to fail, as is the way in our society, then the blame will lie squarely with the deadbeats who refuse to share his vision.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2019, 16:13:59 »

I want him to succeed, in fact I'm desperate for him to succeed, but he can't if people just continue to whine about how he's got no chance of doing any of the things he promises.
If he fails because certain people want him to fail, as is the way in our society, then the blame will lie squarely with the deadbeats who refuse to share his vision.

If he promises unicorns and fails to deliver, then under what circumstances is it my fault? If he then says "I've tried to get some unicorns and failed, but I think I know where to find some mermaids"......

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2019, 16:20:45 »

If he promises unicorns and fails to deliver, then under what circumstances is it my fault? If he then says "I've tried to get some unicorns and failed, but I think I know where to find some mermaids"......
I didn't say that. I said if he promises unicorns, and you go out of your way to prevent him delivering unicorns, then it's your fault.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2019, 16:22:31 »

How can it ever be my fault if he fails to deliver unicorns?  ???
« Last Edit: 24 July 2019, 16:24:44 by LC0112G »

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2019, 16:27:01 »

"The deadbeats who refuse to share his vision" didn't include you, believe it or not. It's the ones who are in a position to cause a train wreck, and then delight in the carnage.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2019, 17:27:08 »

"The deadbeats who refuse to share his vision" didn't include you, believe it or not. It's the ones who are in a position to cause a train wreck, and then delight in the carnage.

He is now PM so he can have all who disagree with him, or try to make his 'masterplan' fail, shot in front of their family. But even then if he still needs to find a unicorn or mermaid for his plan to work he is well and truly f*cked.

My guess is  he will get the 'May deal' through parliament by claiming it is brand new and he has therefore delivered brexit, :) No unicorns required for this.

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2019, 18:37:01 »

He is now PM so he can have all who disagree with him, or try to make his 'masterplan' fail, shot in front of their family. But even then if he still needs to find a unicorn or mermaid for his plan to work he is well and truly f*cked.

My guess is  he will get the 'May deal' through parliament by claiming it is brand new and he has therefore delivered brexit, :) No unicorns required for this.
The people who haven't been shot will tell him it's a unicorn. If not.........BANG!  ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2019, 19:36:52 »

May's deal is quite rightly dead as it consigns us, on the EU's own admission, to the UK being the first colony of their new empire. If this were to ever happen the EU will extract most of the country's wealth as our imperial masters like has happened in all Empires since Roman times.. We will end up as the poorest country in Europe looking up to the much richer second & third poorest of Ukraine & Moldova. Boris has said on numerous occasions on the PM election hustings that May's deal is dead. Don't forget he called it a tu*d.

The smart move would be to put forward to the EU using WTO Article XXIV an FTA offer, if they accept this then trade will continue on zero tariffs while it is negotiated. Barnier offered Robbins & May a Canada++ deal in April 2018 which they turned down where both of them were determined to f*ck the UK. This is the total contempt that both of them hold every UK citizen, our wealth & future prospects. May was offered the job by the EU of kingpin where all EU-UK discussions would be via her in the future as a well rewarded EU commission job. IMV she is the most evil woman to have power in this country since Mary Queen of Scots, but fortunately also our most useless PM so she failed again. There are many calls at the moment for there to be a Royal Commission, so we all find out what happened here & I think we need to know.

If the EU refuse to discuss a WHO Article XXIV deal then the dynamic changes & Boris has tried to get a deal & they are forcing a no deal, which does not comply with their treaty obligations. Don't forget WTO tariff affects both sides & will really hit their £95bn trade surplus with us. This also puts remain Tory MPs in an award position where if they plot against a no deal they are openly siding with the EU which is not going to do much for their deselection or GE reelection chances.

Boris appointing Dominic Cummings as his number 10 adviser is  a statement of intent, & IMO his most important appointment where he wins elections where he is exceptionally good at this & tough with it, where the softest thing about him are his teeth. :o It seems to me that Boris is having a clearout of all of May's anti-democracy, wa*kpuffins, gadflies & deadbeats, stamping his authority on the party & government & will lead & do things his way, which is exactly what we need. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2019, 19:42:18 »

I still can't believe that people voted for brexit.  So it's like a surreal nightmare.

I am totally and utterly gobsmacked. 

I'm also amazed that the alternatives to Boris were worse. 

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2019, 19:51:55 »

Well , If his " can do " attitude is real and he surrounds himself with " the right stuff " I'll give him my backing .
There's little wriggle room to be got but I do like the way he has turned the blame of a no deal scenario back on the eu .
opps them , the stone faced, detached dictators.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2019, 19:55:57 »

If he walks the walk as well as he talks the talk, we are in for a great future.....

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 July 2019, 20:02:18 »

I still can't believe that people voted for brexit.  So it's like a surreal nightmare.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that as a remainer you would think that any pro brexit PM would be a bad idea ::)

It is going to happen one way or another. That much was decided three years ago and quite frankly it's about time that you accept it and start doing what you can to be ready for it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pgv6m8T7iLph43GHA
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2019, 20:29:33 »

Tony Benn, Micheal foot, Barbara Cartland, Peter Shore Neil Kinnock (before he sold his soul), Tony Blair (before he got drunk with power),Jeremy Corbyn (before he became leader - would all have voted for Brexit.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2019, 20:41:33 »

It comes as absolutely no surprise that as a remainer you would think that any pro brexit PM would be a bad idea ::)

It is going to happen one way or another. That much was decided three years ago and quite frankly it's about time that you accept it and start doing what you can to be ready for it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pgv6m8T7iLph43GHA

Look I am a remainer, but I accept that at some point I'll have to stop saying "I oppsing told you so"

I accept it's happening. I'm kind of glad that Boris gets to attempt to fix what he helped break.

To be fair, the thing that I need to be ready for is the changes in April 2020 to IR35 because assuming we still have an aerospace / defence industry to offer the skills of my engineering consultancy to, there's a massive risk that they will blanket assess all contractor as within IR35.

Had the choice of PM before Brexit was even thought of, been Cameron, Hunt, Boris, Blair, Kinnock, May, or Clegg, I'd have suggested it was hobsons choice.  All as bad in their own way.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.