Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust help needed  (Read 1258 times)

GT2200

• View Profile
Exhaust help needed
« on: 30 August 2007, 13:57:33 »

Hi guys,

Well the cars just gone in for a set of new front disc / pads and I asked them to investigate a 'clonk' and have a look at my exhaust.

The 'clonk' turned out to be 2 broken rear springs so heavy duty ones are being fitted......but the exhaust turns out to be cracked from the centre boxes back.

The question is that my car is a 2.6 (2000) and the motor factors aren't listing anything, so it suggests it's a Main Dealer part (£300+)!!! I might as well go stainless for that.

Does anyone know if the 2.5 / 3.0 system pre 2000 is actually any different.....will it go and will I save myself £150?

Help needed.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re:  Exhaust help needed
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2007, 15:57:12 »

centres are same, backboxes vary between facelift and prefacelift.

TC price for genuine (patterns are awful) is £200 + VAT.

TC card costs £20 per year....
Grumpy old man

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2007, 17:06:56 »

GT2200, IF YOU ARE NOT TOO FARAWAY YOU CAN COME AND  TAKE WHAT YOU NEED OFF A 3.OL THAT I AM BREAKING,£20 CENTRE SECTION AND BOTH CATS.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2007, 20:34:36 »

Hi
    Have a look on the internet, a company called Long Life Exhaust, make the exhaust to your car, takes time around 4 hours most, made of stainless steel with a good choise of tail pipes for style that are then weilded on with a choice of sound ie quiet, mild sport, full sports.
  My father had his 2.5 v6 estste fitted, they done away with the two front boxes, replaced with a single box with twin outlets to the rear same as 3 lite, may be able to exit on both sides on the estate, same as Irmuscher!!!
   Good price £430.00, BUT this is for live of the car and can be transfered to new owner once inspected by them, a very high polished look , great sound not too load and better fuel return, higher performance, i cannot keep up with him returning from London to northampton in 50 mins !!!!  quiet and the only way to get it of is to cut it of   NO BLOODY CLAMPS.

GT2200

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2007, 23:44:13 »

Cheers for the help guys.

How do I get hold of a TC?.....it's worth the £20 straight away. I know what you mean about pattern parts (had loads of fun recently with a bosal / walker system on a '71 Opel GT that I'm working on, mid box back is fine but the down pipes are completely different and I had a Powerflow system made that just didn't match up to the different downpipe....all sorted now though :) )

As for location.....Lincoln to Surrey, a little too far but many thanks for the offer

Longlife exhausts......similar to Powerflow (used them 3 times already) and considering this as an option.

Will let you know on final outcome.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2007, 08:12:53 »

If you join autobahnstormers, there membership entitles you to trade club prices....it costs 20 quid a year.

An Opel GT eh, left ahnd drive 1.9 power plant.

They has fairly recently restored one where man father works......they now want much to much money for it and re-painted it red rather than the original colour.....still, nice motor.

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2007, 11:15:13 »

BTW Long Life Exhausts..

I changed the full system cat back on my 98 car 3 years ago.   Pretty sure it was the original GM one that was taken off - hence was 6 years old.    So the genuine GM ones do last very well and on TC are pretty competitive, although you do need to get them fitted.   (Being unenlightened then I didn't even consider getting the replacement from Vx - Kwak Fot for me at the time :()  

paul.c

• Intermediate Member
  • east calder scotland
  • hands off shes mine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2007, 21:49:58 »

bought full exhaust from quik fit supplied and fitted £200 and with a 3 year guarantee. and it sounds fine to me

phil.p

• great yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2007, 09:01:20 »

i bought my two centre and tailbox for my 2.5v6 off ebay,shipped from germany £120.
well built fitted perfect , i fitted the 3.0ltr tailbox as it has the twin outlet instead of the single but fixings are all the same.and i gave it a coat of engine black paint for a bit more protection as well.

GT2200

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2007, 15:10:57 »

If you join autobahnstormers, there membership entitles you to trade club prices....it costs 20 quid a year.

An Opel GT eh, left ahnd drive 1.9 power plant.

They has fairly recently restored one where man father works......they now want much to much money for it and re-painted it red rather than the original colour.....still, nice motor.

Hi....thanks for the info, I'll speak to a friend of mine he's an Autobahner and should be able to help.

As for the GT, 'yes' you're right.....however only 2 of my 6 have the original 1.9 lump. 3 have a 2litre (1 with stage 2 head, 1 blue-printed and 1 turbo) the best though is my long-termer runnning a heavily tweaked 2.4 running at 200bhp :)

As for the GT you mention, it wouldn't happen to be a Aston Vauxhall???? If so then I helped the source a huge number of parts. I remeber the car when it was white......and quite sad it was too.

GT2200

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2007, 15:13:13 »

Guys, thanks for all your comments......the problem is you're all talking about the 2.5 and I have the 2.6.....I need to know if the 2.5 will bolt up?

I feel I could be taking a trip to Powerflow.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2007, 15:20:42 »

and i gave it a coat of engine black paint for a bit more protection as well.
Except they generally corrode from the inside out.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2007, 15:22:35 »

Guys, thanks for all your comments......the problem is you're all talking about the 2.5 and I have the 2.6.....I need to know if the 2.5 will bolt up?

I feel I could be taking a trip to Powerflow.
See the 2nd post - centres are the same between 2.5 and 2.6.  Facelift 2.5 backbox is same as 2.6.  Prefacelift 2.5 backbox is different.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.