Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reprogramming key(central locking functions) - Use 02 key on a 96 car?  (Read 1557 times)

timon90

• Norway, Hemnes
    • 96'Omega 3.0DTI Steinmetz
    • View Profile

Hi!

I have done a 3.0DTI conversion in a 96' 2.5TD, and have both keys working to start engine, but wants to get the central locking to work to. Is this possible to do, when the keys are the newer type with 2 buttons, and the car had "empty" key before?

I have "My Naff Code Reader", and have a option for programming keys, but nothing happens when i choose this.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Nothing to stop you retro fitting a later alarm unit (or just central locking unit), but will be a fair bit of wiring.

Be aware that "My Naff Code Reader" makes a fantastic job of destroying Omega alarm ECUs if you use the programming function.
Grumpy old man

timon90

• Norway, Hemnes
    • View Profile

Its not the alarm unit I want to change.. I only wants to have a opportunity to use remote opening/locking. I'm sure there is a  alarm ECU already fitted, as I think it from the beginning was either the big oval remote with the "opel-button" or the smaller two(three with the red one) button remote. I dont have none of those, but if the 2 button B2 key can be programmed to fit the car, i want that.

Sorry for not so good english :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

To use the RF remote locking, you need the RF Alarm or central locking ECU ;). The built in IR one in your car is incompatible
Grumpy old man

timon90

• Norway, Hemnes
    • View Profile

Ahaa...okay... So is it much wiring to get this up and running? I've aldready fitted a Y25DT loom to a 2.5TD car, so i'm used to do "some" wiring.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Easiest way to check is to get a Haynes, and contrast "early" and "late" cars.  "Early" generally referring to 1994-1997 and late 1998/1999
Grumpy old man

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile

Hi!

I have done a 3.0DTI conversion in a 96' 2.5TD, and have both keys working to start engine, but wants to get the central locking to work to. Is this possible to do, when the keys are the newer type with 2 buttons, and the car had "empty" key before?

I have "My Naff Code Reader", and have a option for programming keys, but nothing happens when i choose this.
Which engine is this? & which car did it come from?

Is it a straight 6 BMW? or a V6 Isuzu? perhaps
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

timon90

• Norway, Hemnes
    • View Profile

According to Haynes, mine is a later model, and that seems to be correct as the wiring job I did for the engine matched the later diagrams and not the early ones.

The engine is M57D30 from BMW X5. Running with Omega 2.5DTI ECU and wiring(hooked up on the existing loom, so NO wires is cut in the car), with TRF performance turbo and bigger injectors. Should make something like 330-350hp and ca 700nm...ish..:P So actually it is (i I think!) the only 96' Steinmetz Omega B1 3.0DTI in the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.