Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alpine dvd problem  (Read 2798 times)

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
alpine dvd problem
« on: 29 June 2015, 20:23:18 »

this is gonna be a long one so grab a cuppa.....right i have 2 alpine iva d310 dvd players...one has a knackered screen the other is fully working....i wired it into my veccy the other day...just loosly to test speakers....it worked fine.....when i came to permanently wire it in it wasnt working.....when i plug the multi sockets into each other(the power and speaker plugs)without plugging into stereo...there is power all round....when i plug into the head unit the power goes...the ignition live becomes a negative....i have swapped all the bits from both systems( the brain,head unit and tv decoder)....im at my wits end...its a very expensive unbit and cant figure out why it was working one minute and not the next....i know its not a miggy problem but you guys are so so nice an helpful....cheers guys  :y  :)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: alpine dvd problem
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2015, 10:49:12 »

this is gonna be a long one so grab a cuppa.....right i have 2 alpine iva d310 dvd players...one has a knackered screen the other is fully working....i wired it into my veccy the other day...just loosly to test speakers....it worked fine.....when i came to permanently wire it in it wasnt working.....when i plug the multi sockets into each other(the power and speaker plugs)without plugging into stereo...there is power all round....when i plug into the head unit the power goes...the ignition live becomes a negative....i have swapped all the bits from both systems( the brain,head unit and tv decoder)....im at my wits end...its a very expensive unbit and cant figure out why it was working one minute and not the next....i know its not a miggy problem but you guys are so so nice an helpful....cheers guys  :y  :)

Sounds like a blown fuse to me, or a bad connection breaking down under load.

I suspect when you quickly lashed it in that you may not have had permanent and ignition lives the right way round, and now you are doing it properly, this fault has now been highlighted. Check carefully using a meter
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2015, 11:12:32 »

I'm sure some bugger will politely correct me if I have this wrong but didn't the Orange and Yellow (switched / Unswitched) colours swap around at sometime  :-\

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2015, 17:34:06 »

If it was a blown fuse there would be no power at all....the power is there when not plugged into either headunit....oh well time to.break.out multimeter

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2015, 18:02:36 »

What about taking the red and yellow wires from the HU side (hopefully) they are on bullet connectors? If join them together with a spare bit of wire, wrap in tape for safety and then pick up another 12v in the car, this will check all the other wiring (earth mainly) and stereo. If you can use a fuse bit of wire.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2015, 18:06:51 »

Sorry for the DP, I just saw your post in another thread, it's a Vec C? Yeah?

Common problem

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/vectra-c-1-8-sri-aftermarket-stereo-not-working.343749/
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2015, 18:09:09 »

that is exactly my problem...i will try it when i get five mins...thank you so much

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2015, 11:07:09 »

If it was a blown fuse there would be no power at all....the power is there when not plugged into either headunit....oh well time to.break.out multimeter

I have had many instances where blown fuses have not blown the way that they should, and the blown  "tails" touch each other inside the housing thus creating a circuit, allowing nothing more than leakage current to pass. If anything proper is connected, the surge in current cannot pass through the blown bits, makes diagnosing a blown fuse a little more difficult.

But . . . . Starting to see this on a more frequent basis now as cars are brought in that have defeated the owners in a similar scenario  ;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2015, 11:11:00 »

Out of curiosity, what make and model of stereo did you have fitted in there as standard?

If 2 digit one, like CD30 or CD70, then the power connections are CAN-BUS and data ones, and not suitable for aftermarket stereo, where you need to take the supply from the back of the Hazzard switch.

If 4 digit one, CDR2005 etc, the the orange and red need to need swapped over on your Alpine loom.
www.dndservices.co.uk

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2015, 17:03:42 »

there wasnt a headunit in when i got it....

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2015, 19:50:36 »

brilliant.....all working....run an ignition live from cig lighter and all is well......big thanks guys  :y :y :y :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2015, 19:33:16 »

Didn't know you had 1 Alpine D310, let alone 2...

I also have the same unit and its oppsing brilliant piece of kit. Not installed it into the Omega but it has been in my Vectra for many months - faultless - until I scrapped the car. I am in the process of repairing it, as the little cog that pushes the screen out when its switched on is knackered, I happened to buy a D300 at Billing. They are basically the same H/U so it should be PnP or I'll just swap the cogs over from 1 to t'other...

I'm also wanting to get hold of the navigation unit for it too, but everytime 1 comes up on Ebay, I always get out bid LOL
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.