Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3022159 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #21120 on: 20 October 2020, 20:38:26 »

I never knew the Omega can do it. Every day is a school day on OOF. :D
Must remember to try it soon, before I forget.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21121 on: 20 October 2020, 20:39:46 »

Got the 960 M.o.T.'d,simple adjustment[so a free fix] was all that was needed on the handbrake-all it failed on-although it will need new shoes for next years test.
Congratulations on the MOT pass  :)
Omega next  ;D
 it's due about the same time as mine IIRC end of November  :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21122 on: 21 October 2020, 08:11:38 »

That's been an option on many cars for 20+ years (the Omega did it), its to allow ventilation of the car prior to getting in for hot climates (and the rare hot days in the UK), very useful.  :y

Yes, great for letting some heat out as you walk up to a car. Also, handy if you leave a window down and get out of the car as holding down the lock button will usually cause all the windows to go up.  :y

I can see the point of closing them on the button, but in 60 odd years of motoring in UK, there may have been 2 or 3 times when I may have wished to open the windows remotely instead of unlocking normally and opening windows. I do recall a time in Africa where it would have been useful, but in the UK? Nah!
Its a feature I regularly use in the summer :)

But when? I suppose if your car is securely parked at home or elsewhere during the heat of a rare English summer day, and nothing of value is inside, and you are happy to wait with the car in view, it might be useful. Any other time, opening the door will do. I honestly can’t think I will ever need to use it in the UK, other than to demonstrate its availability. Not accounting for climate change obviously. How many OOFers know - or knew - it worked on the Omega, and used it? :(
I have switched it off in the in car menu, as the danger of the windows accidentally opening, and possibly flooding the inside of the car, as nearly happened in my case, far outweighs the extremely rare requirement to open them remotely.  :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21123 on: 21 October 2020, 09:08:59 »

Far too many unnecessary electrical options on most modern cars today , the Range Rover is totally ridiculous telling me that the drivers door is open when I am fully aware of that ,I have turned the " anti hijack" option off as I don't need all the doors locking once I exceed 5mph if I scroll through the options that are available they seem laughable to me.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21124 on: 21 October 2020, 15:10:34 »

Just looked on the DVLA website to check and saw that my Vectra has just passed it's MOT. Only done this morning so surprised it's data base is that fast. Haven't heard from the guy who's doing it so was a nice surprise. Also, valid until 16th of Nov too. Didn't think that you could get that due to the six month batflu extension, (was really due May 16th. Happy days.  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21125 on: 21 October 2020, 15:50:39 »

Finally gave in and replaced the pads on the Barge. The squeal has been driving me nuts.

Quick road test and no squealing... Yet :D

Did also find that the parking brake was binding slightly, so have backed that off some, so hopefully that eliminates that as a possible source of the squeal, although it was only present whilst braking, and then only when they had some heat in them :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21126 on: 21 October 2020, 15:58:56 »

New coil pack arrived. Fitted it, turned the key, and its purring like a kitten again.  8) :)
Need to acquire front discs (already have new GM pads)before MOT in December and thats it. No more spending out on it........................famous last words.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21127 on: 21 October 2020, 16:50:23 »

New coil pack arrived. Fitted it, turned the key, and its purring like a kitten again.  8) :)
Need to acquire front discs (already have new GM pads)before MOT in December and thats it. No more spending out on it........................famous last words.  ::) ;D

What about the new toy ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21128 on: 21 October 2020, 17:20:08 »

But when? I suppose if your car is securely parked at home or elsewhere during the heat of a rare English summer day, and nothing of value is inside, and you are happy to wait with the car in view, it might be useful. Any other time, opening the door will do. I honestly can’t think I will ever need to use it in the UK, other than to demonstrate its availability. Not accounting for climate change obviously. How many OOFers know - or knew - it worked on the Omega, and used it? :(
Any day its hot TBH.  Just opening the windows for 30s is enough to lose the heat.

I could do without it, in the same way I could do without aircon. But once you've had it, you miss it when you go to another car that doesn't have it. Like at the moment I am really missing my heated steering wheel, but its hardly something thats necessary.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21129 on: 21 October 2020, 17:49:17 »

Didnt happen. Too many red flags. I have another one in my watchlist at the moment. A 3.2 S no less. Just waiting to hear answers to a few questions from the seller. before deciding if / how much to bid.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21130 on: 21 October 2020, 18:25:07 »

Didnt happen. Too many red flags. I have another one in my watchlist at the moment. A 3.2 S no less. Just waiting to hear answers to a few questions from the seller. before deciding if / how much to bid.

Just don't buy the baby one as flat as piss,3.2 gets along nicely :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21131 on: 21 October 2020, 19:12:58 »

Performance isnt top of my list of priorities these days, but having said that, 250bhp in one of those should be fun when Im in the mood.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21132 on: 22 October 2020, 17:10:29 »

Polished the opaque headlamps on the 3.2 prior to MOT next week, came up nicely in about an hour and a half. :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21133 on: 22 October 2020, 17:56:31 »

Glad to hear your up and running again,Albs. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21134 on: 22 October 2020, 18:07:43 »

Polished the opaque headlamps on the 3.2 prior to MOT next week, came up nicely in about an hour and a half. :y
Time well spent IMHO :y
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.