Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay Omega  (Read 1354 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
eBay Omega
« on: 24 April 2007, 21:52:21 »

This is descibed as having 'Xenons' fitted. Am I right in thinking that it would have colour coded headlamp washers nfitted to the top of the bumper if they were fitted?

And this car doesn't! It's to be hoped that its new owner checks up on the detail when (s)he collects it.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Omega
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2007, 21:55:26 »

They may have been retro fitted but more than likely projectors which look similar.
Retired

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2007, 21:58:00 »

They may well be Xenons.....unlikely to be HIDs though....but then it doesn't say it has HIDs...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2007, 22:01:17 »

They may well be Xenons.....unlikely to be HIDs though....but then it doesn't say it has HIDs...

Clever bugger  ;D ... I'd not looked at it like that  :-X

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2007, 08:11:54 »

Sorry, just one of my (many) gripes  ;D.......at the end of the day, xenon is a gas and its used in many things including halogen bulbs AND discharge lamps.......the correct term is HIDs (High Intensity Discharge) lamps.....

Dean

• Weston Super Mare - UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2007, 16:52:32 »

The light coming out of them on the pictures does look like my real HID's.. I am guessing he has retro fitted a hid kit to it.

However without the washer jets and auto levelling system (which he wont have fitted because its a bitch) it MAY fail the MOT..

ask him if it has auto or manual headlamp levelling... if he says manual.. Its a kit!
Free Traffic law advice  - Just PM or see the sticky thread in General Chat ! http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1177278724 - no liability accepted

The Cambelt Kid

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2007, 20:50:13 »

Sorry, just one of my (many) gripes  ;D.......at the end of the day, xenon is a gas and its used in many things including halogen bulbs AND discharge lamps.......the correct term is HIDs (High Intensity Discharge) lamps.....

Does my MV6 have HID's?  The light seem very bright and extreeemly clear!  They also flicker ever so slightly when i switch them on!

Is there some sort of gas system in the front of the car?  I take it that yo can't just plug HID's in?

Come to think of it, when i dropped the track rod end out over the w/end i noticed a small stick like device on the n/s spring.  Would this be related to the auto adjusting lights?
« Last Edit: 25 April 2007, 20:53:47 by Omega2000w »
[size=18]Project LP6 has landed![/size]
[size=12]DIY LPG now finally complete!! Whoo hoo.[/size]

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2007, 20:58:52 »

Does my MV6 have HID's?  The light seem very bright and extreeemly clear!  They also flicker ever so slightly when i switch them on!

Is there some sort of gas system in the front of the car?  I take it that yo can't just plug HID's in?

Come to think of it, when i dropped the track rod end out over the w/end i noticed a small stick like device on the n/s spring.  Would this be related to the auto adjusting lights?

My old mans Veccy has HIDs and they flicker on start up just like you say.  Lights will look purple rather than yellow.  The gas is in the bulbs, which is why they cost so much to replace, £80 iirc.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2007, 21:27:53 »

Yes it does, and yes the thing on the nsf wishbone and nsr trailing arm are the level sensors.

Retro fitting not straightforward to do right due to washer system and levelling.

The 'Xenon' upgrades for around £20 are normal Halogen bulbs filled with xenon gas and make the light the same colour as HIDs, but lack the intensity, and actually produce less light output than Halogens
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.