Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CD70 Headunit & CID from 08 Vectra  (Read 8957 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: CD70 Headunit & CID from 08 Vectra
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2011, 22:19:15 »

Getting bc to work on cd70 in omega will be a massive challenge, and probably why I won't bother
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2011, 22:42:33 »

Ok, lets try to work out how to solve this.

Do you retain the BC functions with the CID in place and the stereo removed?

eg - if you fitted an aftermarket stereo with iPod, DAB, DVD playback and all teh bells and whistles that you could ever want, and connected to the steering controls but DIDN`T connect to the display, would the check controls still function?

:-?
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 March 2011, 14:33:24 »

Yes and no!!

If refering to the CD70 OR the NCDC CID from a Vectra, without the head unit you cannot change the time or date as they don't have the buttons like the Omega does.

You can still scroll through the BC functions with the steering wheel buttons/ scroller wheels on the steering wheel with the head unit out. Assume you can do the same with stalk control on the Omega, but not having one in the Omega someone else will need to confirm

« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 14:33:59 by Phil »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #33 on: 24 March 2011, 14:54:16 »

OK, so the problem is to find a way to add an external source, ie: MP3 to the existing head unit then, without the use of a modulator - as changing the screen is going to cause clock issues - doing this with a BOSE head unit would also be a bonus.

Thats about it? Yes? Or am I missing anything else?

I know that there are mods about to put an external input into the original CID display, so aftermarket and up to date navigations can be run via that one, and that solves the out of date mapping software issue - run an aftermarket nav via the existing screen - sorted.

The Parrot Phone kits are easily fitted without much wiring to be done, and usually have an external input on them to plug in an MP3 device - so that is another one easily sorted.

I`m happy to start doing some serious research into any other solutions, but just need to be clear what you are all actually after.

« Last Edit: 24 March 2011, 15:28:58 by Dave_DND »
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 March 2011, 22:05:43 »

Ok, lets try to work out how to solve this.

eg - if you fitted an aftermarket stereo with iPod, DAB, DVD playback and all teh bells and whistles that you could ever want, and connected to the steering controls but DIDN`T connect to the display, would the check controls still function?

:-?
The Omega BC won't work without HU, due to no way to control it. The CID has no connections to the remote steering wheel, unlike Vectra CAN based implementations.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #35 on: 25 March 2011, 00:44:51 »

OK, so the problem is to find a way to add an external source, ie: MP3 to the existing head unit then, without the use of a modulator - as changing the screen is going to cause clock issues - doing this with a BOSE head unit would also be a bonus.

Thats about it? Yes? Or am I missing anything else?

I know that there are mods about to put an external input into the original CID display, so aftermarket and up to date navigations can be run via that one, and that solves the out of date mapping software issue - run an aftermarket nav via the existing screen - sorted.

The Parrot Phone kits are easily fitted without much wiring to be done, and usually have an external input on them to plug in an MP3 device - so that is another one easily sorted.

I`m happy to start doing some serious research into any other solutions, but just need to be clear what you are all actually after.

That's about it, hence all requests on here to input iPod, tv/video, etc etc. Michael Grosser (?) from one of the German forums has had video input mods to CID for a while (alot of work), and an aux in to the cd section of the head unit via the ribbon(?) connector between the two units within the double din.(not very professional apparently, but there's nout else)

I guess it's an input to the head unit issue...? Of which there are none as we all know, apart from mono phone.

If GM had continued the omega these things would have been added/developed in as normal.

The only oe addition is to add a telematics, hence the differance between 2013 and 2015 etc also as we all know.

So as said, a way to input the oe unit seems the only way as it's as good as bespoke to the omega.... Afaik anyway.  :-/

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 25 March 2011, 00:51:41 »

Sure you've seen this? Info within, In German though. Google translate is not quite good enough.

http://www.migrosser.de.vu/

Although the site seems to have changed since last viewed and having loading issues here.  :(
« Last Edit: 25 March 2011, 00:57:57 by chrisgixer »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #37 on: 25 March 2011, 09:33:15 »

Sure you've seen this? Info within, In German though. Google translate is not quite good enough.

http://www.migrosser.de.vu/

Although the site seems to have changed since last viewed and having loading issues here.  :(

Be carefull, that link has become pop-up hell !!

:(
« Last Edit: 25 March 2011, 09:33:40 by Dave_DND »
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #38 on: 25 March 2011, 09:40:24 »

Has anyone played around with the Autoleads iO system at all?

Not experienced it myself yet, but essentially plugs in line with the ISO connectors, has its own built in amp, and a variety of stereo inputs available from streaming bluetooth to plug in 3.5mm -  as it plugs inline, it can shut off the head unit audio and use its own powered amp to play through the existing speakers - control box looks nothing more than a basic rotary knob style phone connector - and may even be suitable for BOSE if the volume increments are small enough ?

Not tried one yet, and little info on the net about them that I can find - may be a contender though unless someone can tell me different? If no one has tried one, I`ll order one up and have a play.

:-/
www.dndservices.co.uk

feeutfo

« Reply #39 on: 26 March 2011, 08:26:47 »

Don't suppose iPhone mp3 player can be made to work via steering wheel controls and display song titles on CID ? (well if you don't ask) I guess some sort of CD input would be needed?

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #40 on: 26 March 2011, 08:51:24 »

Don't suppose iPhone mp3 player can be made to work via steering wheel controls and display song titles on CID ? (well if you don't ask) I guess some sort of CD input would be needed?

Never going to happen - technology inside the head unit to support that just isn`t there.

The Connects2 iPod FM modulator claims to display tracks on the screen though, although not tried it in the Omega and remain unconvinced about its performance.

:'(
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 March 2011, 10:43:52 »

Nothing 3rd party will ever talk to CID chrisgixer. Accept that and move on ;)

Should be relatively easy to do away with (most - need to keep can in place, and fool some sensors) of the cd changer, and feed the audio in through that - would need a bit of tweaking around the electronics and some matching. Wouldn't display on CID though. Also, not sure what the HU and/or CD board would think when its been playing for 99 mins. Not worth the effort imho, become heterosexual again, and leave he gayPod at home...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26 March 2011, 17:49:20 »

If you really want to keep some sort of board computer why not get a standard VX single DIN head unit and fit that in the glovebox single din slot that used to have the telematics in it then mount a helf height MID/TID up in the sunroof panel.

Saw something similar on an Astra and it freed up the headunit and display screen space.  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2011, 00:22:52 »

Was aware it was something of a "moon on a stick" request tbh.  ;D ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.