Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: brand new coolant bottle  (Read 4140 times)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: brand new coolant bottle
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2015, 20:49:04 »

The first car that I ever had with an expansion bottle was way back in the early 70s - a Renault 4. The bottle was just that; an overgrown jar made from Pyrex or the French equivalent, always crystal clear and you could see the water circulate so easily. I suppose the plastic version is cheaper to manufacture, even if not fit for purpose after a few years when you can't even see the contents without taking the top off and dipping a finger in.

Ron.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2015, 11:07:57 »

Thanks guys for the help but I think I'm just going to go for a new one I've got plenty of little jobs to be done to get it ready for the billing show including a cambelt change so I wont have much spare time to give mine a good shake lol thanks again :y

Good stuff. I'm going with a cracked windscreen, rust all over, filthy engine bay, cloudy headlamps, corroded sunroof frame - but serviced, brand new front/rear suspension, new/refurbed brakes, mechanically lovely (ie: the important bits), but cosmetically manky. But she's still beautiful in my eyes, and come Billing 2016 she'll be mint (in theory  :D) work in progress.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 30 June 2015, 17:32:17 »

I've never shaken ANYTHING about for a few hours!    ::)

Ron.
.     Knew a girl in my younger days who was marvellous at shaking things about..

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2015, 18:17:02 »

There's a nice white coolant bottle on ebay that i was bidding on but now everybody has seen it and bidding it up  >:(
Omegatitis

chuftsmv6

• Intermediate Member
  • stoke on trent
    • omega mv6 2jz and audi s3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2015, 22:44:33 »

I got one from the dealers today £49 and it didnt even come with the cap lol.
Yeah looking forward to the show mine is a little tatty in places but ive spent most of my time and money on underneath and in the engine bay Il get to the cosmetics once the mechanical bits are finished  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.