Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Skoda Superb, hatch or saloon?  (Read 535 times)

05omegav6

New Skoda Superb, hatch or saloon?
« on: 26 January 2013, 11:09:58 »

Actually neither >:(

If anyone is looking to get one of these, the only advice that I can offer is that you only consider the Estate.

Had two runs to Gatwick this morning, both with three passengers, a case each and hand luggage. Both trips people had bags on their knees because some twit at Skoda tried to be clever with the bootlid/tailgate idea.

Basically, the boot is almost too narrow for large roller cases to sit side by side. The bootlid opening is quite small, but opening the tailgate only serves to deceive...

Due to the design you can only use about two thirds of what you see when the tailgate is open. The bootlid hinge housings encroach the sides of the boot, and there's a 3"square girder which runs across the base of the rear screen so you can't use the full height. The overall layout means the the space above the parcel shelf is basically useless due to the position of the rear seat back in relation to the rear screen.

Regardless of what the brochure says, the Vectra C Saloon has a bigger, more useable boot than the Superb ::)

I would also wager that unlike the Omega Estate, you would struggle to get four sets of Golfclubs in the Superb estate, due in part, to how narrow the car is inside. Near as I can tell after 3000 miles, its only party piece is the rear legroom :-\

I wouldn't spend my money on one :y

feeutfo

Re: New Skoda Superb, hatch or saloon?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2013, 11:16:29 »

Bloody ugly things too. IMO.

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2013, 11:48:08 »

Great value for money, huge boot space, refined and comfortable, impressive engine line-up, masses of cabin room

:-X :-X

I think they must be on about the estate  :-\ , but reading more they say same for saloon  :(

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2013, 11:52:35 »

Bloody ugly things too. IMO.
Therein lies the crux of its problem :-\

As a proper saloon it could look smart in a traditional way, or as a proper hatchback it could be alot more practical and still look smart.

As it stands it is, by design, neither. And therefore is compromised in style and substance :-\

Great value for money, huge boot space, refined and comfortable, impressive engine line-up, masses of cabin room

:-X :-X

I think they must be on about the estate  :-\ , but reading more they say same for saloon  :(
There's loads of boot space alright, it simply isn't usable. Not sure about the Value part either, its clearly built to a budget, but the rest of that summary is fair :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.