Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes stalling  (Read 776 times)

Görkem

• Turkey-Izmir
    • 2001 plate Omega 2.2
    • View Profile
Sometimes stalling
« on: 06 February 2014, 23:21:51 »

Good night.I'm driving a 2001 plate opel omega auto with a z22xe engine.There's no problem at all when the car is cold.But when the car warms up sometimes it tries to stall when turning the steering wheel, when putting the car from neutral to drive or when the cooling fan kicks in.It only stalls when i wait in neutral position for almost 1 minute and then try to put the gear in d.Otherwise it almost stalls but recovers quickly.And there's no problem at all when driving it pulls great, fuel consumption is ok and there's no anomaly in driving.But when idling with warm engine it sometimes tries to stall.Is there anyone who had these symptoms?I can only assume it can be related with maf or lambdas as it only happens when the car is in open loop.There's no flashing EML or fault code stored too.Thank you for you help.

Görkem

• Turkey-Izmir
    • 2001 plate Omega 2.2
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes stalling
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2014, 11:34:21 »

anyone?

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes stalling
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2014, 11:52:40 »

Good night.I'm driving a 2001 plate opel omega auto with a z22xe engine.There's no problem at all when the car is cold.But when the car warms up sometimes it tries to stall when turning the steering wheel, when putting the car from neutral to drive or when the cooling fan kicks in.It only stalls when i wait in neutral position for almost 1 minute and then try to put the gear in d.Otherwise it almost stalls but recovers quickly.And there's no problem at all when driving it pulls great, fuel consumption is ok and there's no anomaly in driving.But when idling with warm engine it sometimes tries to stall.Is there anyone who had these symptoms?I can only assume it can be related with maf or lambdas as it only happens when the car is in open loop.There's no flashing EML or fault code stored too.Thank you for you help.

Then check idle air control valve and related things. Im unfortunately not familiar with the engine of you but in my car idling is controlled also by vaccum system of wich harmness can influence the idling. Vaccum leak also might be somewhere. (False air sucking).
C20NE - X25XE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.