Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra with 13 year old satnav and 6 forward gears - whatever next!  (Read 3331 times)

STEMO

Log book....ahhhh......nostalgia.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

Mot:06/02/2020 clicky £595 Frome, Somerset
Very interesting, Dave. Rather old, almost as old as the car it might replace, my OE03 ex-police 3.2 Omega. No mention of rust in the MOT history, just the usual dodgy tyres. worn brake pads, and broken springs. It has no log book, but at £595 it's a snip. Worth buying just to see if I like the car, and lower mileage than my better two Astras. Surely worth a test drive!

Buying it just because it's cheap(ish) is NOT worth it. That one needs at least £300 spent on parts and an afternoon's work. Which means it's actually a £1000 car.
You're not in a rush, and have history for buying bad cars. Also, you're worrying too much about rust; Vectras are much more modern cars than Omegas which are structurally '70s cars with everything that implies.
Wait and buy a better one. That you've inspected critically in person.
where is this list of £300 worth of work coming from  ???
it has MOT till the 6th of February 2020, and the only advisory is back tyres
"Rear Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge both worn to 3mm also slightly out of shape on inner edges "

the tyres may have already been replaced , if not , I dare say new 205/55/16 fitted would be £100.

seller states "The car is in good condition inside and out for it's age few age related marks but nothing major runs and drives great without any knocks or sounds everything works as it should"

obviously ,with any car, you'd need to look at it, assess what, if anything needs doing

as for "no log book", the V5 is not proof of ownership ,merely the current registered keeper
I doubt such a car has log book loans , so what is the problem  :-\
get a hpi check and a receipt 

another Omega with no rust  :-\ please send me the link DG  ;D :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

C'mon Dave.....  ::)

You should know by now that people here expect their 15 year old, 500 quid bangers to look and drive like it's straight from the showroom!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

C'mon Dave.....  ::)

You should know by now that people here expect their 15 year old, 500 quid bangers to look and drive like it's straight from the showroom!  ::)  ;D
even 2 tyres and a tank of petrol ,set of fury dice, magic tree air freshener and a packet of mints for the console is still £100 short of this £300 quote though  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

A fool and his money, Just let him buy it, gives us something to read,when it goes tits up.. It's on the internet, every body selling cars are honset and trustworthy,and won't con you..
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

The registration documents have no legal standing, but without them, I wouldn't touch the car. Not when there are so many about.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Sort of money your looking at spending Terry you could buy my 1.8 SRI Navi, with the added benefit of a fully working LPG System Installed, car has recently just had a complete new Suspension Installed and set up, (Slightly Lowered a tad) and drives spot on.  :-\

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

My thanks to all for excellent advice. Today OE03, my 3.2 petrol manual ex-police saloon, struggled through its MOT with several advisory notes, mainly about rust, including, onimously, one about rust in the rear shock absorber turrets. I had noticed that too, and await the tell tale thumping in the boot when the turret gives way. Meanwhile, I shall enjoy its comfort and effortless power for another year. No need to buy a Vectra.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile

My thanks to all for excellent advice. Today OE03, my 3.2 petrol manual ex-police saloon, struggled through its MOT with several advisory notes, mainly about rust, including, onimously, one about rust in the rear shock absorber turrets. I had noticed that too, and await the tell tale thumping in the boot when the turret gives way. Meanwhile, I shall enjoy its comfort and effortless power for another year. No need to buy a Vectra.
Yet. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.