Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FL 3.0l Elite estate £350  (Read 3441 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
FL 3.0l Elite estate £350
« on: 20 August 2018, 15:27:11 »

I've had it 8.5 years, but have barely used it since I got the Metro done so it's time for it to go.

2000 3.0l Elite estate in silver with dark leather. It's done 198,000 miles, but is smooth, quiet, pulls well and the gearbox is good. I've never had any qualms about just getting in it and driving anywhere;

The good bits:

Cambelt is due next summer or in 25k miles
Engine is oil tight(I know, I find it hard to believe too!)
Oil, filters and plugs were changed about 2500miles ago
4 new standard road springs fitted 10k miles ago
Front discs and pads fitted about 10k miles ago
New self-levelling shocks have about 24k on them; the system works.
Front shocks, top mounts, bearings, wishbones, droplinks, idler arm, track rods and centre track rod have under 40k miles, some a lot less. Wishbones are poly bushed.
Rear subframe donuts have been replaced, as have both rear wheel bearings. Diff mounts refurbished
New heater matrix fitted last year.
New windscreen fitted last year
New radiator fitted this spring
3.2 exhaust manifolds fitted, SAI and EGR deleted
Head gaskets replaced 4 years ago
Aluminium adjusters in the headlights, new HID bulbs fitted last November
The complete exhaust system was replaced some time ago, and so was the collapsed N/S cat.
It's had all the usual service/niggles dealt with as they occurred: crank sensor, filter housing, top hose, DIS pack, plug leads, thermostat, battery, expansion tank, handbrake cable, handbrake shoes, HBV, ABS ECU&valve block(which I think was the only used part on the car), gear selector switch cleaned etc etc.
There is a matching 17" alloy wheel as a spare.
It has a fitted rubber boot mat, along with the load cover, cargo net and dog net(both genuine). I have a pair of roofbars that will go with it, but they're not GM
Tow bar with both plugs
I rebuilt the driver's seat with passenger foams; it's as good as new and all four heated seats work. The factory floor mats are in decent condition
Aftermarket reversing sensors fitted with the display discretely in the rear roof

The bad bits:
The MOT has expired.
The sills are crusty, although I don't think the tester can see that. I have a pair of sills to fit, and are included in the price
It needs a pair of tyres.
It needs a new rear brake disc.
Airbag warning light is on from moving the seat; I can't get "My Naff Code Reader" to connect with this computer so can't reset it.
A/C works if regassed, but leaks over the winter. It's got enough in it to engage the compressor, but not enough to do much.
It's 18 years old, has had paintwork and has all the usual small marks but it does look respectable with a polish
I replaced the CCR2006 with a double-DIN headunit and wired around the BOSE with new speakers, this won't go with the car but a replacement will just plug in.

The car is in Chatham in Kent

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: FL 3.0l Elite estate £350
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2018, 10:36:55 »

Car is now sold
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.