Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is wrong with people?  (Read 1598 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
What is wrong with people?
« on: 26 July 2020, 21:49:07 »

Apparently the Government is completely wrong for acting slowly at the start of the Batflu Incident, and according to 'That obnoxious bint at the Beeb' nothing else matters beyond Boris being shot. Metaphorically or otherwise.

Now Varche* has taken fresh Batflu back to Spain causing a sudden spike, the Government took a mere 24 hours to reintroduce 14 day isolation for anyone returning from Spain. Apparently this response is too quick as it doesn't allow people to come home from their holidays before todays quarantine imposition...

WTF? they went over there in the full knowledge that such a possibility might happen ::)

*Obviously not actually Varches fault.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2020, 21:59:08 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with people?
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2020, 22:08:29 »

Ha ha. We aint got no Covid.

Dont intend to get it either.

Have a look at funerals, raves, student night outs on the lash, slave labour businesses.

Where is Grant Shaps and his family a mere few hours before his announcement? Rule for the plebs but not the bosses? Who is going to pay his post travel quarantine? Why you of course.

I agree with your assertion that the government seems to be media led. If masks are so good why havent we all been told to wear them from day one.?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2020, 22:22:39 »

methinks you might have that arse about face ... the UK media are simply totally anti-government .. and so do ANYTHING do attempt to discredit them ...  As DG says .. apparently the gov were too slow to do anything at the start (20/20 hindsight being the worlds best vision) and are now acting to fast .......

but to answer your single question regarding masks ... in the simplest of terms ....  when under lockdown no-one met anyone .. so masks were not needed .. now lockdown is eased and folks meet folks .. masks may have a role to play .... not difficult, not rocket science ..  ..but to UK media .. a stick to beat the government.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2020, 22:25:08 »

I believe the reason we werent advised to wear masks from day one is because if we were all wearing them the NHS wouldnt have had enough of them. Thats the only reaon I can think of, which is why I have been wearing them from day one if Im anywhere near other people - which hasnt been very often.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2020, 22:45:45 »

Under lockdown no one met anyone? You are having a laugh.

I was in the UK and witnessed the Fred Karno at shops. Not everyone had their food delivered by supermarkets. The plebs still had to go out. People hadnt a clue. Partly due to lack of government guidance and maybe lack of a problem. It was weeks before the supermarkets instilled a degree of discipline. Two metres, one way systems, spraying trolleys, paying only by card, perspex screens.

If masks are so good how come you in the uk are not wearing them everywhere yet? We in Spain have to.

I agree about the media . Quite shocking really. They have a lot to answer for. I wait for the day someone brings a legal case against say Kuensberg for causing a bad outcome.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2020, 07:48:24 »

I believe the reason we werent advised to wear masks from day one is because if we were all wearing them the NHS wouldnt have had enough of them. Thats the only reaon I can think of, which is why I have been wearing them from day one if Im anywhere near other people - which hasnt been very often.

The NHS ones are to a medical standard, very different to the boggo ones we wear (and also why a huge batch were rejected early on).  :y :y

But, there was no supply chain in place for Boggo ones anyway, so you get faced with option 1) Insist all wear masks and so nobody can as they are not available or option 2) lock it down a bit and tell everyone to be sensible (many did, some are just brain dead and need sterilising)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2020, 08:07:30 »

Plain old commonsense either you want to live or you don't, it ain't rocket science.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2020, 10:15:32 »

Under lockdown no one met anyone? You are having a laugh.

I was in the UK and witnessed the Fred Karno at shops. Not everyone had their food delivered by supermarkets. The plebs still had to go out. People hadnt a clue. Partly due to lack of government guidance and maybe lack of a problem. It was weeks before the supermarkets instilled a degree of discipline. Two metres, one way systems, spraying trolleys, paying only by card, perspex screens.

If masks are so good how come you in the uk are not wearing them everywhere yet? We in Spain have to.
We, the plebs... Hurrumph...  ::)

Anyway, trolley/hand sanitising/one in one out and segregation within shops happened relatively quickly once the full lock down was declared. And you should probably think through the scale of the logistical challenge of producing and installing the distancing stickers and screens before criticising the response time, especially as company operating practices would have also had to have been rewritten first. Some sectors have yet to return to work. Inspite of having survived redundancy, I am still furloughed, simply because the company we provide a service to are still trying to figure out how to get us back into the work place safely. We're hoping to be back next week, but nobody actually knows, not helped by redundancies and home working...

As for masks, Sainsbugs/Asda (both owned by Walmart iirc) /Costa have said that they won't be policing the compulsory wearing of masks in their stores.

I can understand the logic behind that from a confrontation mitigation standpoint, but it also gives a pretty good reason not to go there.

Travelling should involve having a negative test result within three days of departure produced at check in, followed by a compulsory test at immigration upon return with upto two weeks quarantine... If you test negative upon return then you can return to normality as soon as you receive the result.

This should give you free entry to your temporary destination whether that's for work or holiday and a minimum of unnecessary fuss on the return to your home state.

If you're travelling for a day or two, and wear a mask and wash your hands, the chances of catching anything are minimal, so you're going to be looking at no more than a two day quarantine before returning to work. Time it right, and you can have your first test on Wednesday, travel on Friday and spend the weekend quarantined ready for work on Monday.

Holidays are a bit different, but if you test negative on return, then you are looking at a minimum number of days off, but if you test positive, then you can claim SSP because you're actually ill (technically).
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2020, 15:05:45 »

Ive just been to Wickes. Most people wearing masks, some not. Shop werent attempting to police it, which is understandable if the Police say they arent going to do it.
One perfeclt respectable looking bloke walked the wrong way up the aisle towards me with no mask on. I wasnt in the mood to start an argument, so just walked away from him.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2020, 18:09:07 »

some are just brain dead and need sterilising)
Now is not a time to be a pointless Liberal.  Nothing less than shoot them.

I got as far as parking the car at the 7-11 Tesco, before remembering I'd forgotten a mask.  I might have even said "oh dear, what a silly boy you are TB".  Went back later, with a mask, and the shop was deserted ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.