Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric window issue  (Read 973 times)

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
Electric window issue
« on: 12 October 2008, 15:28:12 »

Drivers door window stuck in the closed position.

Checked swich PCB: All looks good. I can still get the same behaviour closing he switches by closing the circuits on the board.

The window motor clicks as though it is trying, but not doing anything.

Here's the odd thing I've just spotted...

If you put the key into the ignition far enough for that continuous warning high pitched beep then this happens.

A working window when trying to be closed when already closed causes a slight drop in note. A closed window being opened no change in note. An open window being closed, no change in note. An open window trying to be "forced" further open by the switch causes drop in note.

All of this leads me to reason that a motor under strain causes a drop in note as it drains power.

The window in question that is stuck in the closed position. Pull the switch up (facelift) to close further and you get a drop in note which makes me think that the motor is working in that direction against the mechanical resistance of the top of the door.

Push the switch down to open the window and no change in note leading me to believe that the motor is not even trying (depsite the click from the motor which makes me think it is engaging.)

I have rummaged around inside the door for anything mechanical and there is nothing that I can feel that would be getting in the way of the mechanism from taking the window down.

All of this appears that:

The motor can go in the direction to take the window up (it drops the note when forced), but can't go in the direction to open the window (no drop in note).

Does anyone understand electric motor enough to understand why the above might be the case and offer a diganosis?

I have cleaned all contact at all plugs between the motor and the switches to be sure with Maplin contact cleaner.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2008, 15:31:16 by Albatross »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.