Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LED Bulbs  (Read 3979 times)

STMO123

Re: LED Bulbs
« Reply #15 on: 21 July 2006, 19:05:00 »

Hi Phil. It may be only my opinion, but it seems like a hell of a lot of trouble to go to. What exactly are the benefits of having LED's? :-/

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 July 2006, 20:36:42 »

Hi Phil. It may be only my opinion, but it seems like a hell of a lot of trouble to go to. What exactly are the benefits of having LED's? :-/
Basically I have had to change the stop/tail bulbs four times in the 15 months I have owned the car, and I have always purchased good quality bulbs, either Osram or Philips. LED bulbs are supposed to last the lifetime of a car, so I thought I would give them a try. Also the amber coloured LED indicator bulbs are far superior to the painted ones in use at present.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 July 2006, 20:42:38 »

Loose connections or bad earths are usual reason for constant blowing bulbs - although I find the Vx bulbs do see to last better in my car...
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #18 on: 21 July 2006, 20:56:49 »

I can honestly say I've never paid more than 50p for a stop/tail or indicator. I've never had any trouble with them and presumed everybody used them.  

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2006, 21:03:03 »

I usually get a couple of years out of a bulb, generally most problems I've had have been bad coonections, poor earths etc.

philayl

• Intermediate Member
  • Wirral, Merseyide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 July 2006, 21:17:01 »

Loose connections or bad earths are usual reason for constant blowing bulbs - although I find the Vx bulbs do see to last better in my car...
I have checked the above, it is always the brake light filament that blows, I even fitted a new brake light switch, and all rear bulbs have a common earth so why just that bulb, after the last one blew two weeks ago I thought why not try the LED's. It is only an experiment and if it doesn't work I will go back to the ordinary bulbs, I suppose we even learn something by failing, if thats the way it goes.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2006, 22:21:21 »

Watch the ratings on the non gen bulbs, the Omega tail light bulbs are not the standard wattage(and hence th false warnings!).

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 July 2006, 01:30:43 »

I have to say this does seem to be an awful lot of expense and aggravation with only marginal and somewhat dubious benefits. In the four years I have my Omega I don’t think I have had to change a single bulb. I hope you find it worthwhile in the end.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.