Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug change...Oil leak..LPG  (Read 1683 times)

Taxi_Driver

Plug change...Oil leak..LPG
« on: 23 July 2006, 11:04:25 »

Good Morning all

Changed the plugs this morning in about 10 mins...(glad i got a 4 pot  ;) )

But noticed while i was doing them....it looked like i had an oil leak  :o

The evaporator for lpg system was soaked in oil....and the indent in the middle of it was filled up with oil. The evaporator on mine sits below and inbetween the airbox and coolant reservoir and at a slight angle, hence the oil collected in the indent.

Checking all around i couldnt see any leak or how the oil could have got there.
I have now decided the vx monkey that changed the oil last must have spilt some and didnt bother to clean it up. So Ive cleaned it best as i can and will keep an eye on it, just in case i do have an oil leak....but i dont think so coz the oil would have to be spraying out from somewhere to get to that area.

Now heres a question....Martin will know I reckon  :)
When I was cleaning the evaporator......there is a vacuum pipe going to the top of evaporator....i only touched it with the cloth i was using and it fell off  :o

I put it back on.....but its such a loose fit i carnt see how it will stay on....and it must be leaking vacuum pressure. Im going to get a jubliee clip for it.

Whats it for??? the vacuum pipe that is going to the evaporator?

Cheers

Martin_1962

Re: Plug change...Oil leak..LPG
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2006, 16:56:23 »

Well I think it is the pipe which goes to the intake to measure inlet pressure I think it opens the evaporator up when you open the throttle

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2006, 17:35:01 »

Okay....thanks Martin
It is 'T'd into an air pipe around the inlet manifold area....another pipe 'T'd into the same place as this one.....goes to a soleniod? (looks a bit like one and has an electrical connection) other side of soleniod goes to the LPG injector rail (opposite end of the main LPG feed)

Its now fixed in with jubilee clip.

Cheers

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2006, 22:06:43 »

The solenoid I am pretty sure measures the intake pressure and the gas pressure - hence the two pipes

The Cambelt Kid

• Derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2006, 22:59:08 »

Yep that's for the safety cut-off system I think.  

The T piece should run into a vacuum sensor which in turn tells the lpg ecu that the engine is running and that it’s safe to open the gas valve in the side of your tank.  If there is no vacuum then it won’t switch on the solenoid.  The lpg system should also check for other things such as injector signals from the Vx ecu and power to the lpg ecu and when all of the safety check have passed, only then will the ecu switch on the gas – Then you’ll be ‘cookin on gas!!!’

Also there might be another T piece on one of the gas pipes leading into one of the injectors; this is used to sense gas flow and in the event of no gas then it will switch the car to run on petrol.

I recall that you are running on a Romano system and I seem to remember that they have one supply going to a solid injector rail, whereas mine has an individual pipe running from a distributor/pressure reducer to each of the injectors.
[size=18]Project LP6 has landed![/size]
[size=12]DIY LPG now finally complete!! Whoo hoo.[/size]

Martin_1962

« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2006, 23:05:25 »

I managed to identify all of the connections on a Romano System N 5-6-8 leads were as follows - see my LPG thread for details

2x cut injectors (monitors and cuts petrol injectors)
2x gas injectors
Power
Solenoid supply
lead to controller
lead to tank sensor
lead to the double pressure sensor
Evaporator temperature
Gas rail temperature
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.