Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 2320 times)

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
Heated seats
« on: 23 November 2018, 23:36:43 »

3c here on Tuesday. Turned drivers seat to 5, kicked after about 10 minutes of driving. Today, 7c at 5, didn’t kick in at all. Are the heated seats governed by external temperature? Should they feel hot, once the engine is running?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2018, 08:10:06 »

...... Are the heated seats governed by external temperature? Should they feel hot, once the engine is running?

Your seats should get hot even in the height of summer. You've got a fault.  :(

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2018, 11:42:13 »

Pound to a penny, the heating element has burnt out or gone open circuit (or both).

I doubt there will be many Omega drivers seats that either - burn you to death even on setting number 1, or don't work at all.
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2018, 20:23:52 »

Pound to a penny, the heating element has burnt out or gone open circuit (or both).

I doubt there will be many Omega drivers seats that either - burn you to death even on setting number 1, or don't work at all.

I thought setting 5 was the hottest? If 1 is, then that might be my problem😀

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2018, 20:56:00 »

Setting 5 is supposed to be the hottest, but when the element starts to degrade inside the seat, setting 1 will heat only part of the seat, to the extent that it usually burns your legs.

You would probably degrade too, if a fat arsed middle aged man sat on you for a long time.
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2018, 21:10:24 »

Setting 5 is supposed to be the hottest, but when the element starts to degrade inside the seat, setting 1 will heat only part of the seat, to the extent that it usually burns your legs.

You would probably degrade too, if a fat arsed middle aged man sat on you for a long time.
Surely there are no fat arsed middle aged men on here?  :o

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2018, 21:17:10 »

Surely there are no fat arsed middle aged men on here?  :o

At least you didn't write hot arsed.

Oh.

Whoops ;D

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2018, 21:19:38 »

I definitely want too avoid that😱 I’ll update next week. Is there a middle ground? Is 3 worth trying?

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2018, 22:41:50 »

This is nearly as funny as Terry thinking brake bleed nipples were really being whizzed with an impact wrench!!

For better clarification -
The heated seat element is made up similar to a resistance mat. As it degrades over time, the bit where you sit becomes broken, so even at the lowest setting of 1, the only path left for the current to flow is the least stressed bit under your legs. It doesn't matter which number you select, it will still burn your legs and not heat the rest of the seat. This is normally a good indication there's not much life left in the heated seat.

Best case scenario is it stops working all together - just like yours. Worst case scenario is the seat catches fire. I hope that helps.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2018, 23:10:53 »

I really like the heat on the back of the seat it helps relieve my back pain but I am not so keen on the fact the base of the seat  tries to cook my arse  :o
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2018, 01:44:44 »

This is nearly as funny as Terry thinking brake bleed nipples were really being whizzed with an impact wrench!!

For better clarification -
The heated seat element is made up similar to a resistance mat. As it degrades over time, the bit where you sit becomes broken, so even at the lowest setting of 1, the only path left for the current to flow is the least stressed bit under your legs. It doesn't matter which number you select, it will still burn your legs and not heat the rest of the seat. This is normally a good indication there's not much life left in the heated seat.

When it was working, the only heat I felt was under my legs. Thanks for the tip, I’ll just level it switched off. I’m can live without it, I’d rather that then a fire!
Best case scenario is it stops working all together - just like yours. Worst case scenario is the seat catches fire. I hope that helps.

atann

• Canterbury
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.6 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2018, 14:15:40 »

It was only the front part of the seat, that was getting hot. Probably best to leave them switched off. As I don’t want a fire!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.