Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Canadian F1 GP (Spoiler)  (Read 5681 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian F1 GP (Spoiler)
« Reply #30 on: 11 June 2019, 15:51:38 »

Have a look at this weeks BBC schedule and see how many good documentaries, etc. there are. It was the best in the world 30 or 40 years ago, but now is a national disgrace with a permanent left wing agenda in almost everything it does.
Oh Lordy me, now I'm agreeing with a mad irishman.  HELP!!!

You can rule out anything Attenborough has done in the past decade and a half, as its there to fuel the BBC's climate agenda that they were caught out on 20yrs ago.

So it mostly leaves the OU stuff, which mostly consists of particles being in 2 places at the same time ;D.

I know the ladies find Prof Cox easy on the eye (can't see it myself), but its horribly dumbed down stuff again.

So I'm struggling to think of any documentaries the BBC has broadcast...
                 Oh dear you’ve let the cat out of the box err.... bag now ::)
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 June 2019, 15:53:13 »

Without looking it up, I suspect that the Beeb don't produce many of those programmes but buy them in from outside companies which have produced them, the same as the commercial channels do.  ;)
Yet again, rather than force us by threat of imprisonment (soviet style) to pay for the Beeb. Why not just make it pay per view and let it make obscene amounts of profit, because its so much better than all the competition ?  ???
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 June 2019, 16:09:15 »

But I am not Irish. Im British.  :P
And European :P

;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 June 2019, 16:10:39 »

like Line of Duty
I did watch that. On Netflix.  Although it started to get a bit predictably Jack Bauer for me.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 11 June 2019, 16:14:17 »

Line of duty became comical towards the end. A bit like it was being made up as it went along. A lot of these programmes should be killed off well before the sixth, seventh and eighth series, the writers run out of ideas and they become plain silly and unbelievable.
The last two series of Luther were just outrageous crap. It all started with Lost, Jesus that dragged on long after it should have been culled.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2019, 16:15:56 by STEMO »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 June 2019, 16:19:53 »

It all started with Lost, Jesus that dragged on long after it should have been culled.
That was good for about 2.5 series, and could have gone almost anywhere.  But it dragged, and like the X-Files, got itself in such a mess, it had nowhere (sensible) to go.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 June 2019, 19:09:59 »

But I am not Irish. Im British.  :P
And European :P

;D

NEVER !  >:(                :P
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11 June 2019, 23:05:59 »

The top three European state owned propaganda channels are:

1. BBC.
2. RT.
3. Sputnik.

Russia owns numbers 2 & 3 & make no pretense that they are anything other than state run propaganda channels to further the Kremlin's aims. Most Eastern European reporting on the BBC comes from their Moscow news centre. In the words of Sarah Rashford, one of their senior journalists: "We just repeat what the Kremlin press agents send us, that way it ensures we don't get into trouble and are forced to leave Russia." Where I followed in detail what has happened in Ukraine since 2008 you can clearly see that BBC items on Ukraine are clearly based on furthering the Kremlin's agenda. >:( >:( >:(

The BBC's climate fraud and environmental fake news is an international embarrassment. Fortunately, the IPCC 'climate emergency' is a step too far and a massive backlash on the whole agenda is now in progress where there has been no global warming since 1998 and a sharp temperature drop over the last 3 years as we are approaching the end of solar cycle 24. Higher CO2 levels with our current CO2 correction, are our & all living things on this planet's friend, where CO2 has been dropping steadily for the last 140m years from about 3000ppm. Last ice age it dropped to about 150ppm with C3 plants getting into trouble below 120ppm & by 50-60ppm are all dead, which means all animal are as well. Sweet spot for CO2 with C3 plants is 600-1500ppm and C4 plants evolved once the Earth dropped below 800ppm & can survive at much lower CO2 levels but with the price of needing much more energy, which limits them to equatorial plants like maize, millet & the only fruit which is pineapple. Our burning of fossil fuels has massively benefitted all of the global ecosystem & with the downward trend we will have to look at other technologies in the future to keep boosting it once we have used all of the economically extractable fuels.

Personally, I don't care that all free lunches automatically attract the hard left like moths round a lamp. The BBC for their monopoly on live broadcasters & The Guardian for their 18-19 century trust for 'everlasting subsidies' but they have now managed to burn through all of it due to massive continued losses. I've never read The Guardian where it is not my sort of newspaper, but to watch any live TV you have to fund the BBC Marxists and their vile political agenda, which I'm not prepared to do & it is wrong, wrong, wrong that anybody should have to pay such a political levy in such circumstances. It is the sort of forced propaganda you would expect from Hitler or Stalin & has no place in a Western democracy.

The good news is that the TV tax is not sustainable due to non-live TV on demand like netflix & Amazon and others on the way from Apple, Google & Microsoft. Over 800,000 stopped paying for a TV licence in 2018 & I expect that to be much higher this year where it is continuing to gain momentum. For many older viewers due to their political agenda & endless repeats & for younger viewers that they prefer Netflix on the basic price of ~£80pa & Amazon at about the same. When Nigel Farage becomes PM he will abolish it. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 June 2019, 19:02:40 »

Aren,t the F1 highlights shown on Chan 4 ? What the hell has the Beeb got to do with it. ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 June 2019, 20:08:20 »

The latest episode of exploring the boundaries of entertainment from the Beeb. Jo Brand (allegedly a comic) suggested on radio 4 this week that rather than throwing milkshakes over right wing politicians people should use battery acid instead. Incidentally, she used to be a nurse !
Can you imagine of a right wing person suggested doing this to a leftie ? !
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48611424

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 June 2019, 09:54:16 »

The latest episode of exploring the boundaries of entertainment from the Beeb. Jo Brand (allegedly a comic) suggested on radio 4 this week that rather than throwing milkshakes over right wing politicians people should use battery acid instead. Incidentally, she used to be a nurse !
Can you imagine of a right wing person suggested doing this to a leftie ? !
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48611424

Quite staggering that that comment was just brushed aside given the worrying incidence of acid attacks recently. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 June 2019, 11:59:27 »

And it wasn't a live programme. It was prerecorded, so was deliberately broadcast by the Beeb.
Disgraceful.  >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 June 2019, 19:55:16 »

It has now been reported that the police have received a complaint about that awful "joke" and are to investigate a possible incitement to commit acts of violence :y :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 June 2019, 22:10:58 »

And so it Fuchs£img well should be imho why the fu@k should that slapper get away with it?
Laying a rubber road.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14 June 2019, 21:10:34 »

The police have announced they are to take no action against her!!! ::) ::) >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.