Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How long have you had your Omega?  (Read 8990 times)

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
Re: How long have you had your Omega?
« Reply #30 on: 06 July 2016, 12:16:47 »

Pre facelift 2.5 V6 tourer, bought in 2002, still got it and it aint going nowhere. :y
Yep could not agree more :y
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 July 2016, 18:03:59 »

MFL MV6 3.0l LPG, the original and the best in every way (except bodywork), aka The Silver Bullet, 2003 - Present
PFL CD 2.5, aka The Heap, about 2 months in 2007, sold
MFL Elite TD, aka TRACTOR!, also well known as Project TB2, 2008-2010, sold (I'm an idiot)
FL Elite 2.5, aka Goldie, about a month in 2010, broke for spares after it gave up following some spirited driving
FL Elite 3.2 LPG, aka TBE (That Bloody Elite, also TB's 5th), 2010 - Present

And of course, OOF, 8th July 2006 - Present. Happy 10th birthday for tomorrow :y
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 July 2016, 22:32:13 »

MFL MV6 3.0l LPG, the original and the best in every way (except bodywork), aka The Silver Bullet, 2003 - Present
PFL CD 2.5, aka The Heap, about 2 months in 2007, sold
MFL Elite TD, aka TRACTOR!, also well known as Project TB2, 2008-2010, sold (I'm an idiot)
FL Elite 2.5, aka Goldie, about a month in 2010, broke for spares after it gave up following some spirited driving
FL Elite 3.2 LPG, aka TBE (That Bloody Elite, also TB's 5th), 2010 - Present

And of course, OOF, 8th July 2006 - Present. Happy 10th birthday for tomorrow :y

Incredible, thanks Jaime, and thanks to all who have helped me over the years. Happy Birthday to us. :y :y :y

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 July 2016, 19:50:54 »

14 years come October .

Stargazer57N

« Reply #34 on: 09 July 2016, 23:07:24 »

4 months

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 July 2016, 01:02:01 »

Since 2001 I have owned eleven omegas..buy them,get them up to sratch,,get bored of doing nothing so sell it and buy another one and repeat the exercise all over again...must admit this could well be my last omega as after replacing the front suspension and discs and pads and drop links last week I found that i am getting too old for crawling underneath cars,,so i will replace rear shocks and springs this year and then continue to run it until something serious goes wrong again,then will treat myself to a brand new car before i have to give up driving as i have never personly owned a new car in my life....did have 3 new company cars when i was a manager back in the 1980s at a well know car spares supplier...must admit omegas are great cars and when the time comes will miss them,but hey realy have enjoyed them all. :y :y :) :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 July 2016, 10:05:32 »

must admit omegas are great cars and when the time comes will miss them,but hey realy have enjoyed them all. :y :y :) :)
I think this is my problem, as I've been actively looking to replace the Bullet, but everything I look at in the sub £15k, less than 5yr old category just seems such a step backwards :(
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 July 2016, 10:27:37 »

I have given up on the idea of a newer car. Anything remotely affordable  - and even most of the ones which aren't - are shite.
My next car will probably be older than my current one. Now that I don't find that to be a negative factor, I can think of buying some really nice cars, which someone paid the thick end of 50 grand for, 15 years ago.
Besides, it now seems that the older a car is, the cooler it is deemed to be.
Personally, if I had the choice of a brand new Ferrari, or say, a 30 year old one, the 30 year old one would win every time.
I am now officially a Luddite. Modern stuff is shite - end of.  ;D

For someone who needs to do lots of miles commuting or similar, the answer may be to have a newish bland efficient box for that purpose and an older proper car for enjoyment ?
« Last Edit: 10 July 2016, 10:30:00 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15 July 2016, 11:21:59 »

Had 2 so far, bought the first one in 2004
2.6 auto saloon cd which I had lpg converted year purchased, written off last year by a hit and run driver
3.2 manual saloon ex police MV6 bought 2012 :)

Bojan

• Intermediate Member
  • Croatia, Slavonski Brod
    • MV6 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 July 2016, 14:53:43 »

I have given up on the idea of a newer car. Anything remotely affordable  - and even most of the ones which aren't - are shite.

Agreed!  :y :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 July 2016, 15:06:53 »

'Thirded'

2 years in my personal ownership, but was laid up awaiting restoration for 7 years prior, and in my old man's ownership for 3 years approx before that, so total of 12-ish years in the family and counting.

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 July 2016, 17:12:45 »

Bought my first Omega, a 51 3.2 Elite saloon in Nocturno Blue in 2004 when it was 3 years old. Sold it last year after 11 years - a fantastic car, don't know why I sold it really, except that I have too many... (which I keep getting reminded of.... :D)
Bought my 03 3.2 Elite estate in black in 2010
Bought my replacement low mileage 02 3.2 Elite saloon in 2014 (which is a nice one in an unusual colour for an Elite - petrol blue, and probably the real reason I sold the first one .....)
Bought my low mileage 03 2.6 Elite saloon in sliver in 2011
Bought my 03 2.6 Elite saloon in August last year (only because it was a good car, in BLACK!!)
I also have bought 2 3.2 Elite saloons, for parts, although one is too good to scrap really......
I also have acquired two 2.2 CDX estates, one silver and one black; the black one is definately a scrapper, but the silver one only has 45k on it, but will be going I'm afraid. Once you driven a V6, the 2.2's just don't quite do it any more.....
I still can't quite understand though why 'the boss' thinks I have too many..... :)
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 July 2016, 18:20:35 »

My next car will probably be older than my current one. Now that I don't find that to be a negative factor, I can think of buying some really nice cars, which someone paid the thick end of 50 grand for, 15 years ago.
Besides, it now seems that the older a car is, the cooler it is deemed to be.
Personally, if I had the choice of a brand new Ferrari, or say, a 30 year old one, the 30 year old one would win every time.
I am now officially a Luddite. Modern stuff is shite - end of.  ;D

For someone who needs to do lots of miles commuting or similar, the answer may be to have a newish bland efficient box for that purpose and an older proper car for enjoyment ?

I spotted a Lamborghini, quite an old one judging by the lines of it, on a small 2nd hand car dealers site about a week ago, price was £5995. I thought I would go take a look at it when I had time.....2 days later it had disappeared....so I guess someone else spotted it and did the deal and took it away  :(

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 July 2016, 19:54:08 »

I've had 4 so far. first one in june last year from an auction a 2.6 CD auto saloon in silver which had oil starvation problems so the engine died. then a 2.5 elite auto in silver which was written off in January this year by a Frenchman in a rented mokka. and in between those two there was a 2.2 GLS estate in nocturno blue with ventilated sills and chassis legs which was bought by a banger racer. and the current money pit bought in February from the insurance payout (eventually) is a nocturno blue 3.2 elite estate which needs rear shocks and the headlamp sensor before i even attempt to present it for it's MOT next month.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15 July 2016, 22:08:04 »

I cant remember if Ive had 8 or 9 Omegas. They say the memory is the first thing to go.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.