Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my CCR2006 in Bose mode?  (Read 6597 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Is my CCR2006 in Bose mode?
« Reply #15 on: 02 January 2015, 12:58:00 »

OK minidisc is a bit old hat now ,
Yea, it is a bit old now, can you still get disks for them?

I can do better than that though, I got a Sony Rack Mounted version of the MiniDisk kicking around somewhere, an almost unused Casio DA1 (Portable DAT Recorder), an Sony PCM Adaptor (Records PCM Digital Music on a VHS), Some Tascam Studio Cassette Decks, a shed load of Various DBX Processors, Ah those were the days, Crack, Pop, whistle and Hiss.  ;D 

powerslinky

« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2015, 22:12:02 »

OK minidisc is a bit old hat now ,
Yea, it is a bit old now, can you still get disks for them?

I can do better than that though, I got a Sony Rack Mounted version of the MiniDisk kicking around somewhere, an almost unused Casio DA1 (Portable DAT Recorder), an Sony PCM Adaptor (Records PCM Digital Music on a VHS), Some Tascam Studio Cassette Decks, a shed load of Various DBX Processors, Ah those were the days, Crack, Pop, whistle and Hiss.  ;D

Seem to be plenty on flea bay  Chris . .  . maybe not too abundant in shops now  . .  but i've got 50 odd new sealed packet ones & a couple of hundred used & deleteable ones here. So supply is not too important ;) ;)

The sound of this head unit is sooooooo much better & louder than the CCR 2006 plus better EQ & sound enhancement.

Old it may be  . . . but suits me  :D :D

To quote your  . .   "crack, pop, whistle & hiss"  Hey ! what about a nice bit of "wow & flutter" as well ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS.   let me know if you are going to "skip "that lot in the future ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 January 2015, 14:10:18 »

PS.   let me know if you are going to "skip "that lot in the future ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Will do Al, but you may have to lend a hand carrying me Cofin out before that happens though,  ::)

powerslinky

« Reply #18 on: 03 January 2015, 15:13:25 »

Will do Al, but you may have to lend a hand carrying me Cofin out before that happens though, ::)

That point is noted Chris . . . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 03 January 2015, 19:04:12 »

The Beeps are switchoffandonable ;)

Autoleads do the patch gubbins, need the Sony specific adapter as well...

powerslinky

« Reply #20 on: 03 January 2015, 19:17:19 »

The Beeps are switchoffandonable ;)

Autoleads do the patch gubbins, need the Sony specific adapter as well...

Like that word Al  . . . "switchonandoffable"  . . . right out of the Saffend book of Inglish lingo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got the MD/radio all working off the steering wheel now with the patch leads  .  .works & sounds great  :y :y :y

Only down point is no track or radio station on the MID . . . shows blank middle line when radio is on & shows date on middle line when minidisc is on  . . . . but reading the thread  searches on here  I knew that anyway  ;) ;)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2015, 10:05:51 »

A lot of the Sony units around that era used to be able to run the MID display via an interface that plugged into the cd changer unilink socket (if your unit has one)

The interface was quite expensive, and as rare as hens teeth nowadays, but you never know what is lurking in peoples garages these days

Sorry, cannot help with model number, but seem to recall it was probably a Sony branded interface
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2015, 12:24:15 »

Like that word Al  . . . "switchonandoffable"  . . . right out of the Saffend book of Inglish lingo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's actually turn-on-and-turn-of-able  ;) and he nicked it from a tortoise   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEIBaYJ3Ik

powerslinky

« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2015, 16:55:50 »

A lot of the Sony units around that era used to be able to run the MID display via an interface that plugged into the cd changer unilink socket (if your unit has one)

The interface was quite expensive, and as rare as hens teeth nowadays, but you never know what is lurking in peoples garages these days

Sorry, cannot help with model number, but seem to recall it was probably a Sony branded interface

hi Dave ,
              thanks for posting that follow up :y   .  OK . .right     There is another socket on the back of the unit  just next to the main

connection  block  and pull out blade fuse. It is a round socket with what looks like several contact points in it .Could this be the "Unilink" socket ?

I have the main connector block in place  (obviously . .Doh ! :-[) the ariel plug is  in  , there are several phono sockets but not being used , there is the small

3.5mm jack socket which the steering wheel patch lead is plugged into  and that leaves this other socket .

Be a lot easier if I could post a photo of the back of unit  . . . but as said before on here I am a total   "PC muppet"  :-[ :-[

Seems my chances of getting the interface for this are very slim  .  . but as you said  . . You never know what some people keep in their sheds   ::) ::)

Can you tell me what to start searching  for  ?  would it be  a" MID display interface for a Sony MDX-F5800  ? "

TIA     Al ;) ;)

powerslinky

« Reply #24 on: 05 January 2015, 20:57:40 »

hi Dave ,
              thanks for posting that follow up :y   .  OK . .right     There is another socket on the back of the unit  just next to the main

connection  block  and pull out blade fuse. It is a round socket with what looks like several contact points in it .Could this be the "Unilink" socket ?

I have the main connector block in place  (obviously . .Doh ! :-[) the ariel plug is  in  , there are several phono sockets but not being used , there is the small

3.5mm jack socket which the steering wheel patch lead is plugged into  and that leaves this other socket .

Be a lot easier if I could post a photo of the back of unit  . . . but as said before on here I am a total   "PC muppet"  :-[ :-[

Seems my chances of getting the interface for this are very slim  .  . but as you said  . . You never know what some people keep in their sheds   ::) ::)

Can you tell me what to start searching  for  ?  would it be  a" MID display interface for a Sony MDX-F5800  ? "

TIA     Al ;) ;)

With regards to the above post  . . . Sony installation manual calls  what I think may be the unilink socket
the  "Bus Control In"  if that helps anyone  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #25 on: 05 January 2015, 21:04:19 »

They're the same thing ;)

Curious to know how it connects to the car wiring though :-\

I have a couple of different source selectors, but none do what Dave described :-\

Specifically XA-C40 and XA-C45...

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 January 2015, 21:21:49 »

Sony MDX-F5800 used an XA-C30 source selector. Al, the unilink socket is indeed the circular port next to the blade fuse
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

powerslinky

« Reply #27 on: 05 January 2015, 22:19:37 »

Thanks Al & Rob . .  . a bit outta my depth with this to be honest . ::) ::)

From Dave's post,  I was thinking along the lines that it would be another "Autoleads" type interface connection like the PC99 & patch lead I've used to get the steering wheel controls working.

As far as Al's question of how it would connect to the cars exisiting wiring . . . there is one section of the original large VX blue ISO connector behind the head unit that is still not being used  . Could the interface Dave is talking about plug into that with other end into the "unilink" ?

But as said , out of my depth here  . . .   ::) ::) ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 05 January 2015, 22:27:44 »

They're the same thing ;)

Curious to know how it connects to the car wiring though :-\

I have a couple of different source selectors, but none do what Dave described :-\

Specifically XA-C30 and XA-C40...
Had a dig through the car, corrected my earlier post...

Also found an XA-300...

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #29 on: 06 January 2015, 10:50:20 »

Yes, BUS IN is the Unilink socket

Cannot find the Sony part number, but did find a Connects2 number that we used to supply many years ago (no, I don`t have any)

Connects2 CTDOPS004

You are going to need to research compatibility with that head unit, but this was an aftermarket display interface for Sony > Vauxhall
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.