Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CAR SEAT HEATER PAD REPLACEMENT  (Read 1534 times)

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
CAR SEAT HEATER PAD REPLACEMENT
« on: 27 December 2014, 23:50:02 »

Hello,
As you may know, Omega leather seats have a very skilled design  :o heater pad or resistance under the seat and back. This design creates problems when you intend to replace them. >:(
Since the both seats' heaters were not working, last week, I decided to have them repaired or replaced but, as a surprise, the upholsterer discovered that the resistances/pads installed in between the leather cover and the thin sponge layer instead of laying the resistance/pad right on the hard foam seats. In other words, resistance/pad were not installed in between the leather cover and hard sponge seat. And, he was not able to find the broken wire between the two layers.
I think I will order the carbon fiber replacement pads to lay them under the lather cover on the seat hard foam directly. So, do you have any idea about the below pads that I have found on Ebay to buy? Far from the stripping leather from the seat base, can I use them as a direct replacement pads if I simply hook up the sockets to the plugs under the seats? 

The link could be found here... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181421805638?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks for the ideas from now... :y

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: CAR SEAT HEATER PAD REPLACEMENT
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2014, 00:09:23 »

Someone here will definitely know, but what is the current output to the original pads?

If it tally's with the linked heater pads, then you should be fine.  Your's being a MFL will have an ON/OFF switch as opposed to a variable heat setting.

So, if the output to the original is ~27W, then they will be an ideal replacement (if they are the right physical size).
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2014, 11:01:09 »

Someone here will definitely know, but what is the current output to the original pads?

If it tally's with the linked heater pads, then you should be fine.  Your's being a MFL will have an ON/OFF switch as opposed to a variable heat setting.

So, if the output to the original is ~27W, then they will be an ideal replacement (if they are the right physical size).

So, if it is  ~27W we have in Omega and, someone from OOF can confirm that, I will buy those items for my front seats. If the upholsterer can do the replacement with success, I will do the same thing for the rear seat as well... ???

VOYAGER

• ANKARA/TURKEY
    • 1998 Omega CD V6 AUTO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2015, 19:54:47 »

I have ordered the pads finally :), as could be seen via below link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281523823098?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Even if the pads have 2 separate high/low heat control round switches for individual seats, I am planning to use the original dash switches as ON/OFF switches to supply power for the pads' terminals. Of course, the original relays will be canceled to prevent any possible conflict or shortcut. The original on board switches will be used just for energize/de-energize the round switches at the final stage, if the on board ones do not create any problem on the new heater's circuit (i.e: the original switches might not be used as ON/OFF switch directly or they might need any jumper to have this ON/OFF feature, etc...). 
When it comes to high/low heat control issue, I am thinking to keep the high position of the both round switches and place them under the both seats in a suitable place which could be reached when needed.
As soon as the pads delivered, I will make this project real. But, remember that, this is just a rough idea to do so. Any ideas on switches, pads or overall project would be highly appreciated...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.