Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric window closure with key.  (Read 1786 times)

dave-b

• Wigan, Lancs.
    • Elite 3.0 F/L
    • View Profile
Electric window closure with key.
« on: 10 January 2015, 22:19:22 »

Hi all, being doing a couple of jobs on the Omega today and by chance discovered that only the offside front & rear window close by holding the lock button on the ignition keyfob. All four windows work perfectly from the master switch on the drivers door, and from their own switch on the relevant door but the nearside ones wont close using the keyfob. I have reset each window by lowering it then raising it and holding the switch up for a couple of seconds when the window is at the top. Not tried the sunroof closure with the key yet in case it stuck open!
Car is a 2001 f/l Elite 3.0
Any thoughts would be welcome.

05omegav6

Re: Electric window closure with key.
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2015, 01:42:33 »

Hold each switch down until you hear the relevant window click, then hold it up the same. Repeat for all four windows...  Job jobbed :y

dave-b

• Wigan, Lancs.
    • Elite 3.0 F/L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2015, 05:19:33 »

Hold each switch down until you hear the relevant window click, then hold it up the same. Repeat for all four windows...  Job jobbed :y
Nope, just tried that, made no difference.
As I said in my OP, I had reset all the windows but I just did again to be sure.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2015, 10:43:13 »

Sorry, I misread it as drivers side having been reset :-\

Any evidence of water in the front footwells? Three points of concern are making sure the big plugs behind the kick panels are dry and fully seated, and also the same for the alarm/locking ecu ehind the drivers kick panel :y

It's this ecu that controls the global closure... so you're potentially looking for a break somewhere between that ecu and the passenger side kick panel :-\

dave-b

• Wigan, Lancs.
    • Elite 3.0 F/L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2015, 13:19:03 »

Any evidence of water in the front footwells? Three points of concern are making sure the big plugs behind the kick panels are dry and fully seated, and also the same for the alarm/locking ecu ehind the drivers kick panel :y
That'll be the cause, then. Just had an 'incident' with the n/s scuttle drain, resulting in water overflowing into the passenger footwell. That was to be the next job, taking the front passenger carpet out to dry it. Just waiting for an improvement in the weather!
Cheers for that. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2015, 18:59:44 »

WD40 or similar water repellent on the two large plugs behind the passenger kick panel... split, spray, allow to dry then reconnect and hopefully that'll sort it... :y

Two points though...

1. Allow the plugs to dry properly before reconnecting.
2. DO NOT switch on the ignition whilst the plugs are apart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.