Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC in MV6  (Read 5564 times)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
NCDC in MV6
« on: 21 January 2015, 18:13:54 »

I take it my NCDC 2013 in the MV6 I have just got is not Bose ?
Can I put a Bose unit in with CID and then have Tech2 turn off the Bose ?
What other options do I have as the unit in the car is not well !! It will not read the Sat-Nav disc and the CDC disc holder will not come out !

05omegav6

Re: NCDC in MV6
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2015, 18:46:42 »

It should say Bose when you turn it on if enabled... but yes fit as as a paired set and tech 2 to reconfigure :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2015, 18:50:33 »

It should say Bose when you turn it on if enabled... but yes fit as as a paired set and tech 2 to reconfigure :y
Only config on this setup that visually says Bose is the CID config. Which is completely unrelated to reality :)
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2015, 19:04:30 »

Only config on this setup that visually says Bose is the CID config. Which is completely unrelated to reality :)
Ah ok, not sure that either of us haved answered Joffs question then :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2015, 19:05:04 »

I did on the other thread ;)
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2015, 19:08:01 »

You could buy my set up which non Bose fully working from a 2003 MV6.

NCDC 2015 + CID + Nokia Telematics + Original rare Glove Box for the Telematics.  ;).

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2015, 19:09:24 »

Sorry about that TB, I put it on the wrong thread. Just seen the other reply. Wonder if this MV6 has the other wire need !.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2015, 19:10:44 »

Sorry about that TB, I put it on the wrong thread. Just seen the other reply. Wonder if this MV6 has the other wire need !.
Its the small black one behind display, usually taped up in foam.

Visually check.
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2015, 19:13:16 »

NCDC 2015 + CID + Nokia Telematics + Original rare Glove Box for the Telematics.  ;).

That would be an answer but I would not need the Telematics part and a shame not to use the complete system, did yours come from build with that fitted or did you add later.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2015, 19:14:13 »

Visually check.

Like it was on the black Elite estate. I hope it's there !

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2015, 19:17:12 »

Fair dos :y not read that one yet ::)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2015, 19:20:00 »

Thing is the reason we got the MV6 is that I have coolant loss ( not a lot ) on the Elite, and when I did the cam cover seal on 246 bank I think I may have seen coolant down by the oil cooler. I did the HBV again just before the cam cover seal and I now have misfire on number 5 cylinder so could be head gasket .

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2015, 19:21:31 »

That would be an answer but I would not need the Telematics part and a shame not to use the complete system, did yours come from build with that fitted or did you add later.
All Orignal removed from an MV6 Factory Spec, so guessing it was Optional Extras fitted at time of order.

Telematics, yes comes with it as all paired to each other, doesn't mean it needs to be plugged in though.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2015, 19:21:37 »

Fair dos :y not read that one yet ::)

It's ok Al I put it in the other person listing by mistake

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2015, 19:23:12 »

All Orignal removed from an MV6 Factory Spec, so guessing it was Optional Extras fitted at time of order.

Telematics, yes comes with it as all paired to each other, doesn't mean it needs to be plugged in though.

PM me a price and I'll let you know :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2015, 19:41:39 »

PM me a price and I'll let you know :y
sent

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2015, 19:44:26 »

Thing is the reason we got the MV6 is that I have coolant loss ( not a lot ) on the Elite, and when I did the cam cover seal on 246 bank I think I may have seen coolant down by the oil cooler. I did the HBV again just before the cam cover seal and I now have misfire on number 5 cylinder so could be head gasket .
As likely to be the 135 camcover :-\ coolant might have been residual from hbv change... 3.2 Headgaskets are bombproof if car is looked after, and that wasn't out of your hands long enough to get screwed up :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2015, 19:53:04 »

As likely to be the 135 camcover :-\ coolant might have been residual from hbv change... 3.2 Headgaskets are bombproof if car is looked after, and that wasn't out of your hands long enough to get screwed up :y

That's what I'm thinking, when I have done the jobs on the MV6 I will have a look, don't know how old the coil pack is on that bank, I put a new 246 on it 4 years ago. It started missing on the way up to get a Tech2 read at TB's the other month, but can't remember it being picked up but Jamie did say there was a miss every now and then, on the way home in traffic it was not getting any better but seems ok under load. I am still getting coolant loss but not a lot and as yet have not found out why.

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2015, 20:34:57 »

Pressure test with the plenum off should soon highlight where the leak is... but not many places to leak from :-\ cooler plate/stat housing/pin prick in coolant bridge plumbing/banjo leak...

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 January 2015, 20:42:39 »

Pressure test with the plenum off should soon highlight where the leak is... but not many places to leak from :-\ cooler plate/stat housing/pin prick in coolant bridge plumbing/banjo leak...

I do hope so as they do look good together on the drive, Elite needs MoT next month and cam belt and water pump in March

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2015, 21:09:44 »

Visually check.

It's a bit hit and miss to be honest, the RGB cable existed on both the '52' 3.2 Elites I've had (well still got one!) but they had factory NCDC Bose setups already with GID's so I just swapped them out for CID's, however the '03' 2.6 Elite and '52' DTi Elite didn't have the cable so I had to add it, they came with CCR2006 Bose setups originally.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 January 2015, 21:25:00 »

Visually check.

It's a bit hit and miss to be honest, the RGB cable existed on both the '52' 3.2 Elites I've had (well still got one!) but they had factory NCDC Bose setups already with GID's so I just swapped them out for CID's, however the '03' 2.6 Elite and '52' DTi Elite didn't have the cable so I had to add it, they came with CCR2006 Bose setups originally.

I'll try and have a look over the next few days if I get time. This one will be 100% in the next month or so

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 21 January 2015, 23:51:55 »

If it had the NCDC then it sounds like the RGB cable should be there :-\

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2015, 19:59:40 »

Sounds like it but I've dabbled with all sorts of combinations on other Omega's and there really aren't any guarantees.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 January 2015, 21:25:35 »

Visually check.

Absolutely definitely won't be in CCR2006 equipped cars (as the wiring is slightly different).

Wasn't in earlier facelift NCDC equipped cars (unless CID option specified).

Later GID equipped facelifts seem to generally have it taped up :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2015, 21:25:51 »

Only later ones
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.