Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blowing fuses  (Read 907 times)

coronaryman

• Halesowen West Midlands
    • View Profile
Blowing fuses
« on: 03 February 2008, 11:49:26 »

Hi all
Hope someone can help. Had front door cards of my 98 elite 2.5td yesterday to fix a speaker problem. Everything seemed quite straight forward. When putting the kerb light back in the passenger door the metal sheild on back of lamp must have been a bit loose and had a
tiny flash of sparks but did not blow bulb or fuse for kerb lamps. Came to use car this morning and found n/s electric mirror glass pointing at a strange angle. Tried to adjust with mirror switch but no power. Went to put electric window down so passenger could manually adjust but no power to electric windows. Got back home and whipped out fuse no1 which was blown. Got my new 30 amp replacement fuse and tried to locate it in fuse board. The fuse blew instantly with a large spark. Checked fuse 13 for mirrors also blown. replaced that and mirrors worked for a split second then blew fuse 13 again. After a couple more replacement fuses mirror fuse stopped blowing but when you adjust mirrors with switch they both adjust at same time in opposite directions. Electric windows will not accept a fuse even with ignition off and key out of ignition. Have I done something blindingly obvious or have I got to get an auto electrician to fleece me?
Hope someone can help.
Best Regards

Mike

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Blowing fuses
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2008, 12:06:44 »

retrace steps....
Grumpy old man

coronaryman

• Halesowen West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2008, 15:13:37 »

Hello there
Well I am frozen to the bone but I have found problem :D. Looks like it has been about to happen for a while. Passenger side front door speaker fixing screw bottom right as you look at it. Loom runs along
bottom of door and then turns up at 90 degrees. plastic clip that holds loom not located loom must have been moving and rubbing on screw. Have now repaired re taped and secured loom and all working again ;D
Best Regards

Mike

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2008, 15:17:19 »

Hello there
Well I am frozen to the bone but I have found problem :D. Looks like it has been about to happen for a while. Passenger side front door speaker fixing screw bottom right as you look at it. Loom runs along
bottom of door and then turns up at 90 degrees. plastic clip that holds loom not located loom must have been moving and rubbing on screw. Have now repaired re taped and secured loom and all working again ;D

Excellent. :y A cost free repair - apart from being frozen to the bone!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.