Newbie Area > Newbie Welcome Area

Had my beloved omega stolen yesterday

(1/3) > >>

spechr:
X636DWP - 2.6 MV6 Silver Estate. Stretford Manchester

I was about to do some work on the car and was approached by guy who showed genuine interest in the vehicle.  Talked for about 20 mins about pros/cons and the work I had done on the vehicle. Had it since 2001.  Made the mistake of letting him take it "up the road" for 10 mins while I got other tools and parts from inside house.  Not seen it since.  I think he was after the wheels as car has no real financial value.  Have picture of vehicle and person on my CCTV but unable to attach it to this post.

Bigron:
Commiserations spechr. There are some unprincipled b*stards about! I suppose the police showed no interest? Let's hope someone on here spots it and gets back to you.

Ron.

dave the builder:
upload the video to youtube and share on facebook
hope you reported the theft to the police,I  assume it's not insured ,so there is a criminal offence on your part ,allowing someone to drive it  :-X
but if you don't report it, you'll be liable for all the speeding tickets ,damage to cars he's crashed into etc
worth contacting any local scrap yards who buy cars to give them a heads up
(the police won't bother)

Bigron:
What a sad indictment of our police force it is that so many people think that they won't bother to investigate such thefts.  >:( >:(

Ron.

Entwood:
Is it actually a "theft" ??  :( 

The OP gave the guy the keys and allowed him to drive it away.... so he "had consent" to drive off ?? :( 

I can see an insurance claim being rapidly refused if one were made ....  :(

TWOC

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/12

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version