Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I plug an Omega CCR 2006 radio into a Vectra?  (Read 5333 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Can I plug an Omega CCR 2006 radio into a Vectra?
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2019, 17:37:07 »

My thanks to all for advice. My Owner's manual arrived today, it does mention and depict a 3.5mm AUX input socket, sadly my car is not fitted with it. I wonder if I could retrofit one? The head unit is simply labelled CD30.I have a CD30 MP3 head unit spare from my donor Astra.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2019, 18:36:08 »

What is currently fitted, as stereo wiring changed dramatically in life. If it ends in double digit, you have later audio setup, which being CANBUS based is hard to effectively integrate other units.  If 4 digit, then similar Omega stereos can work in many cases.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2019, 19:48:05 »

My thanks to all for advice. My Owner's manual arrived today, it does mention and depict a 3.5mm AUX input socket, sadly my car is not fitted with it. I wonder if I could retrofit one? The head unit is simply labelled CD30.I have a CD30 MP3 head unit spare from my donor Astra.
Seems a bodge to me that GM fitted the jack socket in that aperture under the unit Terry. Also retro fitting one seems to be quite a faff, so i,m led to believe. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2019, 20:35:18 »

Car is 2008 iirc, anything 2005 on is full canbus, and not Omega interchangeable ;)

If the steering wheel has six round buttons then it is a part canbus, everything else is full canbus :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 July 2019, 12:54:32 »

one idea , having found an adapter while looking for something  else  ::) :D
FM modulator £5 clicky

use the 3.5mm jack lead to link it to a tape player/walkman , then tune a original cd30 radio station to the frequency

lots of other functions on the device that will probably be no use to Terry ,
sound quality via such a device and tapes would be poor compared to cd or digital
Mrs builder was using one before i ripped out the CD30 and installed touchscreen sterio with bucket avoidance cameras in her astra H estate .

but plug and play, no swapping the radio out etc

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2019, 14:33:26 »

one idea , having found an adapter while looking for something  else  ::) :D
FM modulator £5 clicky

use the 3.5mm jack lead to link it to a tape player/walkman , then tune a original cd30 radio station to the frequency

lots of other functions on the device that will probably be no use to Terry ,
sound quality via such a device and tapes would be poor compared to cd or digital
Mrs builder was using one before i ripped out the CD30 and installed touchscreen sterio with bucket avoidance cameras in her astra H estate .

but plug and play, no swapping the radio out etc
Interesting idea, Dave, I will bear it in mind. I am still sorting the Vectra, lots of strange features including many locking options. Just found a sticker on the driver's sun shield, warning of the car's habit of running away on slopes when parked.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 July 2019, 14:55:53 »

That's down to integrating the hand brake with the rear calipers... Discs heat up in use and expand. You then park up and apply the handbrake which clamps the pads to the expanded disc. As the disc cools, the handbrake pressure reduces (the disc effectively becomes thinner) and eventually cannot hold the car. Early facelifts were prone to calipers seizing as well, which cooks the wheel bearings. Which is nice ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 July 2019, 18:56:03 »

That's down to integrating the hand brake with the rear calipers... Discs heat up in use and expand. You then park up and apply the handbrake which clamps the pads to the expanded disc. As the disc cools, the handbrake pressure reduces (the disc effectively becomes thinner) and eventually cannot hold the car. Early facelifts were prone to calipers seizing as well, which cooks the wheel bearings. Which is nice ::)
I stick mine in gear, just in case. :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 July 2019, 20:29:35 »

I stick mine in gear, just in case. :y[/highlight]
As the label recommends, first gear if facing uphill, reverse gear if facing downhill. I have found when fitting cam belts engines happily turn in both directions, so I suppose either low gear would do.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.