Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airbag ECU swap  (Read 1054 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Airbag ECU swap
« on: 06 August 2020, 21:50:54 »

Helping a local chap out who has airbag light lit, scanned it and code showing as " Replace airbag ECU" which won't clear so it's fubarred.  I've done  a swap before but can't remember if it needs to be identical model like the ABS ecu, donor ecu is from a 2.5 facelift estate going in into 2.2 saloon. There's a fair of trim removal involved to get to the bugger so I don't want a headache if it's avoidable  ;)
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Airbag ECU swap
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2020, 22:31:57 »

I swapped one last year because the passenger child seat sensor was faulty so changed the ECU for an older model pre this functionality with no issues. Not sure of the situation between the two models you mention.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2020, 22:45:39 »

As long as both cars have side airbags and seat belt pretensioners, it should be fine. Ideally part number and code should match, but post '98 should be sufficient.

Stripping the centre console is barely a ten minute job...
Onanists always think outside the box.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2020, 23:23:17 »

As long as both cars have side airbags and seat belt pretensioners, it should be fine. Ideally part number and code should match, but post '98 should be sufficient.

It is indeed when stripping an ecu out of scrapper but getting it back together and looking presentable without breaking aged plastics on someone's car is a longer process, part of you response is very much appreciated but as I didn't ask for a critical analysis of a process please feel free not to provide one in future
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2020, 16:15:32 »

It needs to be an *IDENTICAL* spec car, with regard to SRS.  So airbag config and sensor config (including occupancy sensors) need to be the same.

Usual reason for a Replace ECU with SRS is that the SRS has deployed.  This means checking if other components need replacing before putting in a new ECU.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2020, 16:29:57 »

It is indeed when stripping an ecu out of scrapper but getting it back together and looking presentable without breaking aged plastics on someone's car is a longer process, part of you response is very much appreciated but as I didn't ask for a critical analysis of a process please feel free not to provide one in future

You use the scrapper to figure out how to disassemble the console.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.