Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car went great  (Read 1773 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Car went great
« on: 17 May 2016, 21:46:15 »

Just got back from visiting my son in Northumberland. Totaled over 1k miles and the old gal never missed a beat. visited Berwick, Keilder Forest and Hadrians Wall while i was up there. Didn,t realize just how big a county Northumberland is. :o

2boxerdogs

Re: Car went great
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2016, 08:44:39 »

Went to Scotland by train 8 or 9 years ago, found the views in the Northumberland area stunning went back the following year to Anwick I think it was, absolutely beautiful area.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2016, 12:10:24 »

I drove all that distance for the holiday and i almost got totaled by some dozy bimbo who decided she could drive on the wrong side of the road  then cut right across to get into her  drive. It was only 100yds from my house and an hour after i had got home. You couldn,t make it up, she seemed oblivious to what was going on around her, probably checking her makeup. >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2016, 13:09:26 »

Funny enough the trip to Scotland was to collect a 1 owner 1991 190e Merc I bought off the bay, it was spotless & had full Merc history had only been driving it for about 20 minutes when a truck rounded a bend on the wrong side of the road , luckily managed to avoid the idiot !!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2016, 17:12:59 »

Took Tractor up to Berwick a few years back, lovely county :y

And an easy journey, as the Tractor was a lazy old Elite TD auto with Elite cloth seats - by far the best seat made for an Omega...   ...in fact I'd possibly argue any car :y
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2016, 18:02:44 »

Omega's are great cars for high mileages, I regularly do over a thousand miles a week in mine for work without issue and feel fine when I get out after each journey. The huge problem is finding something to replace them with.... Maybe that's why I'm stockpiling them  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2016, 22:49:39 »

Omega's are great cars for high mileages, I regularly do over a thousand miles a week in mine for work without issue and feel fine when I get out after each journey. The huge problem is finding something to replace them with.... Maybe that's why I'm stockpiling them  :D
I've recently had a concerted effort, but unsuccessfully so far...
Grumpy old man

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2016, 07:16:58 »

Last year took mine down to Bordeaux in France, then across to Avignon, back up via Dijon. About 2,500 miles in 10 days. Something similar this july I hope. The worst bit is that the CCR2006 keeps packing up so The Mrs and I have to talk  ::)
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2016, 20:31:09 »

Yeah, you can,t beat a good stereo system to curb any inane conversation. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2016, 09:36:47 »

Last year took mine down to Bordeaux in France, then across to Avignon, back up via Dijon. About 2,500 miles in 10 days. Something similar this july I hope. The worst bit is that the CCR2006 keeps packing up so The Mrs and I have to talk  ::)
That brings back bad memories, and the reason why, even now, I carry a spare crank sensor when I do long trips ;D
Grumpy old man

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2016, 17:54:20 »

if replacing the omega was on my agenda then i would seriously consider either the wv pheaton 3.0 td v6 or the honda accord, not the current one as outa my price range but an 08 plate EX spec.
Slightly off topic, i bame jamie for that.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2016, 22:38:21 »

That brings back bad memories, and the reason why, even now, I carry a spare crank sensor when I do long trips ;D

I've often wondered about what to keep in the back "in case", but I've had so many conflicting opinions that I have not done anything. So far, so good. But sensible and practical advise appreciated.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2016, 07:13:00 »

I've often wondered about what to keep in the back "in case", but I've had so many conflicting opinions that I have not done anything. So far, so good. But sensible and practical advise appreciated.

A failed crank sensor will leave you stranded and at the mercy of recovery... Changing it takes a few minutes (and then a few more tidying up) and most roadside techs should either do it or help with tools if needed.

I've got a Crank Sensor and a known good HBV.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.