Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSR lower wheel arch liner (which ajoins to the rear bottomof the rear bumper)  (Read 1715 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile

anyone got one for sale, if so how much? I had my wheel arches replaced a couple years back and they ditched mine for some reason...I only noticed a few weeks later  :-[ ::)

cheers chaps  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile

That little flap that's about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, sits next to the sill, yes?

Can get one off my scrapper/spares car if you like Mr The Bear.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile

That's the one mate but it's on the other side of the wheel I.e. It attaches to the bottom of the bumper..... Shall I get a pic just to be totally sure?

If you manage to get one mate pm me and I'll a million percent have it off you. Much appreciated mate  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile

chuck us a pic, then. if you like. Will check it's even there on the spares car  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

Needed for two reasons...

Firstly it secures the bottom of the bumper and stops the air from getting behind it.

Secondly, and more importantly,  it stops all the crud from collecting upbehind the bumper. Don't forget, on a saloon this is where the boot air vents are.

Given how long ago you had the arches done, I would pull the bumper and check very carefully for any rot. Bodyshop can then rectify it foc...
And when you take the car in, leave the bumper cover at home... that way you can see if they've bodged it again :-X

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile

Ahh, also could someone give me confirmation that FL and PFL use the same part? My spares car is a PFL, Webby's being a FL, of course, that's all.

I can get a FL one, but that'll be from the local scrappy, and will therefore have to ask for actual moneypence for it  :)

05omegav6

Bumper might be a different shape... only way to know would be to have the parts side by side :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile

Have a feeling they will be... I only found out (to my cost) the front arch liners on the front are different on PFL to FL...after I'd turned down some PFL ones, knowing I has some FL 'in stock'

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile

Just at work but dbg. Not worried about the pennies mate. I'll get pics tonight.

Al I'll check tonight, cheers :-)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

Ahh, also could someone give me confirmation that FL and PFL use the same part? My spares car is a PFL, Webby's being a FL, of course, that's all.

I can get a FL one, but that'll be from the local scrappy, and will therefore have to ask for actual moneypence for it  :)

I can confirm that PFL and FL are different part numbers - and different sizes too. FL ones are longer/taller.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile

Thanks guys. Dbg if u let me know what the cost is I'll PayPal you. Just drop me a pm  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile

If you can hang on till such as the weekend I'll aim to get in and get a couple of bits, bring the price down a bit.  :y  Also, are you in the market for  very nice nick low mileage black FL steering wheel? (off the same car) :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile

DBG, pics as promised mate...

1) the missing lower wheel arch on the offside...

2) a pic of the lower arch in place on the near side; it looks like it attaches to the bottom of the bumper and to the inboard chassis...

As said I'll pay for it (as long as it doesn't cost a million pounds  ;D) but is there any chance you could send the screws and plastic nuts that affixes it..... those also went missing too  >:(

Re the steering wheel, thanks for the offer mate but I'm all good here  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile

Will try and get in when I can, young man  :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile

You're a good lad. Cheers mate ;y
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.