Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 129019 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #495 on: 16 March 2020, 22:59:28 »

Copied from another forum. No reason to disbelieve the poster.

“I have a photo clip of this but for some reason I'm unable to upload it here, however :

I live adjacent to the Hotel Reina Isabel in Las Canteras, Las Palmas, I was at my window today checking out the street outside which for two days now has been absolutely dead, there are cops on literally every corner, making sure that everyone is complyiing with the emergency laws.

At 14.00 two grossly overweight Brits, North westerners as far as I could tell, Mancunians maybe, both heading towards the beach with towels and a beach bag which I found strange because I know they would have been warned against this because my friend Cristobel works in the hotel.

The couple were blocked by two Policia local and asked what they were doing, mr fatty replied, and I heard it quite clearly, "who's asking" ? one of the cops replied that there is an emergency law in place and that they were restricted to the hotel except for emergencies, mr fatty who's clearly a bully and probably used to getting his own way began to point at the cop and said" listen pal, Iv'e paid two grand for this holiday and no Spanish c****s gonna tell me what to do, at this point for some reason I looked at my watch, after 1 minute and 8 seconds and several pairs of other cops later the two were on their way to their ultimate lockdown, fabulous result, these jerks truly deserved to be put in their place.

Having said that we do not normally have this kind of low life in Las Palmas, I truly wish I could share the clip but it's not happening !”
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 16 March 2020, 23:17:02 »

A couple who are acquaintances of my daughter were turned back on route to Malaga airport to fly home to the UK. They were told that they would  contacted when a repatriation flight would be allocated. Both are on vital medication which comes from the UK and are not sure when they will get more. One of the joys of being an expat in these uncertain times. :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 17 March 2020, 00:27:43 »

The latest government  forecast mortality figures just released make for grim reading. Expect more ramped up measures.
Without them it could be 250,000. That is a lot of funerals to not be able to go to. At those levels everyone will know someone who dies from it.  One in twenty eight?

Thank goodness it is only a cold. Think what it would be like if it was serious.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #498 on: 17 March 2020, 05:58:38 »

Thanks for the late night night updates, Varche. Rods will be back after his short break tomorrow night.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 17 March 2020, 09:38:56 »

A non UK registered car can be MOTed in the UK by selecting to enter the VIN on the VTS device  rather than the reg  ;)
I expect police will be busy with "other things" anyway though  ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #500 on: 17 March 2020, 09:42:34 »

Yes, shouting "PAPIEREN BITTE!" .. erm, sorry, "Papers please!" at people, and throwing them in jail for being outside after curfew ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 17 March 2020, 09:50:15 »

Yes, shouting "PAPIEREN BITTE!" .. erm, sorry, "Papers please!" at people, and throwing them in jail for being outside after curfew ;)
Jail  ::)
as they are a risk of spreading disease , surely they should be "showered "  ;D :D
oops  :-[
humour NOT agenda people

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 17 March 2020, 09:50:46 »

A non UK registered car can be MOTed in the UK by selecting to enter the VIN on the VTS device  rather than the reg  ;)

Yes but it counts for nothing back in home country unless Europe is more joined up than I thought. It would give you peace of mind that it was working fine that week. How would it get on the home country database?

aaronjb

« Reply #503 on: 17 March 2020, 09:55:33 »

as they are a risk of spreading disease , surely they should be "showered "  ;D :D
humour NOT agenda people

:-X :-X :-X ;D

I hear the Germans are good at building facilities..

..we were actually talking about going to visit Krakow, Auschwitz etc this year; my OH has been but I never have, and I'd love to go on the tour (sounds a bit odd to say that, but you know what I mean! The Holocaust Memorial in Berlin is equally amazing, and sobering, to visit).. but perhaps we'll wait before we book any tickets..

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 17 March 2020, 09:59:14 »

Yes but it counts for nothing back in home country unless Europe is more joined up than I thought. It would give you peace of mind that it was working fine that week. How would it get on the home country database?
as the car is in this country , your trying to complying with UK legislation
remember ,it's an offence to drive a vehicle in an un-roadworthy condition on uk roads
with or without a current MOT
if your sure your car is roadworthy ,all good ,
 though i'd want written confirmation that your insurer is OK with lapsed Spanish MOT .
can of worms ,sorry

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 17 March 2020, 10:03:11 »

humour NOT agenda people

:-X :-X :-X ;D

I hear the Germans are good at building facilities..

that would be taking the pasta and toilet rolls out of the mouths of UK Builders  ::)

plus , do we really want German covid 19 mixing with are superior British covid 19  :D ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 17 March 2020, 11:15:15 »

I knew this was going to happen last week, but could only say post-ante where underwriters have suspended their travel insurance scheme  which is going to cost me a big chunk of my monthly income. :( :( Most travel insurance schemes are now suspended with moneysupermarket panel increasingly looking like the 'Mary Celeste'. Single trip France with zero excess brings up two results, these are not normal times. :o The last two days have seen a massive fall off in sales, so no surprises that BA have announced they are cancelling 75% of flights in April & May. :o :o

It is batten down the hatches time & like 2008 which was very, very, very tough where I had to shut my main business, this one I think short term 3-12 months is going to be much, much worse. :-X

This time I'm a bit better prepared, but it is going to be very, very  tough again. :-[

Deep recessions are never a good time to be self-employed. :-\
« Last Edit: 17 March 2020, 11:30:10 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 17 March 2020, 11:30:39 »

I was expecting to be in France for the last couple of weeks; we didn't go because of the uncertainty, and my aunt's already fragile health.

Yesterday, Dad persuaded me to run him to Sainsburys to see if we could get what wasn't available on Saturday. Empty shelves everywhere, although there was plenty of strawberry Coke(hardly a surprise, it's disgusting) and Lego. Good news is the kitten won't starve, but she might have to learn how to open the packets ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 17 March 2020, 11:33:12 »

Booked several weeks away all over the UK with the tin tent only paid a couple of hundred quid in deposits so not bothered at all.
We were going to go away (abroad ) in July a last minute deal again no concerns there. Phoned work this morning as I have an underlying health issue (Diabetes) and advised them I will not be in for several weeks if ever again intended retiring fully in March 2021 so looks like it may be earlier..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #509 on: 17 March 2020, 11:40:09 »

It's getting stupid now. Asda this morning..not only out of the usual suspects, but no dry dog food, no milk of any description and no fresh meat of any description. The mind boggles.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.