Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 48 letters delivered?  (Read 11438 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: 48 letters delivered?
« Reply #75 on: 14 December 2018, 09:00:53 »

So for 200 Tory MPs the very democracy that elected them, they are happy to set the mandate and to play their part so it is extinguished in this country by May & the anti-democratic grey suits behind her. She has now got the mandate to do this & if she succeeds we will for the first time since 1066 no longer be a free self-governing nation. Our only hope now is for the 117 MPs who voted against her, to hold firm & stop her & the grey suits like BLiar, Mandlescum, Major & two EU pensions Clegg from succeeding. >:( >:( >:(

Never ever lose sight of the fact that however benign a dictatorship is when it starts like the EU the more power it amasses and the more unpopular it gets (like all governments do over time), the more ruthless it becomes in preserving the power and privileges of those in charge. If UK democracy is stolen from us the people, dark, violent times lie ahead where we will all have to choose like in Cromwell's day on which side we are on. Are you for democracy, wealth creation for the masses, private property and the same laws applying to everybody or for an all powerful ruling elite and regime where you lease everything from the state including your life and any lease can be cancelled at any time?
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14 December 2018, 09:35:20 »

You are thinking like most people. What is in it for me. Will I be better off and be able to enjoy the side benefits of the EU.

Not really, (and I realise what follows will make me sound like a conceited pr!ck, but nevermind, I think we all know I am anyway ;) ). SWMBO and I are in the privileged position of being near certain entrants through any immigration system in the civilised world. I've always been pretty agnostic about where I live and if it suits us to do so, we'll just leave.

What I am thinking about is a nation that already spends more than it earns, can't educate its children properly, has an aging (politically protected) generation that retired early and needs paying for, an NHS that we won't be able to protect from rising drug prices and privatisation voluntarily trying to make itself poorer.

The bill for all that can only be met by my generation and the one(s) who come after.

Anyone who tells you money isn't the main thing, either at a personal or national level needs to think a bit harder about what money buys you.    :'(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 14 December 2018, 10:41:10 »

The most important things in life are the things that money cant buy.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 14 December 2018, 11:00:40 »

You mean like good health, being able to follow a passion, the amount of time you get to spend with your family, the richness of your life experiences?

Because last time I checked, all of those are intrinsically linked to money, be it your own, or the collective wealth of the country in which you live.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 14 December 2018, 11:45:19 »

A country's money, wealth & property rights are IMO third on the list. Number one is freedom & democracy which are linked. Number two is good health and a good health system that you can afford to use when you need to.

On your you can live anywhere, I'm the same, all I heed is a reasonable Internet connection and phone system to work & earn a living. If we become a vassal state of the Brussels' dictatorship, then I will be moving to a non-EU state, the nearest of which is the Isle of Man as I won't live or subject my family to living under any oppressive, undemocratic regime. My wife and her family have been there under Soviet rule, which includes state starvation, slavery and 'enemies of the people' disappearing to never be seen again.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 14 December 2018, 12:10:14 »

So for 200 Tory MPs the very democracy that elected them, they are happy to set the mandate and to play their part so it is extinguished in this country by May & the anti-democratic grey suits behind her. She has now got the mandate to do this & if she succeeds we will for the first time since 1066 no longer be a free self-governing nation. Our only hope now is for the 117 MPs who voted against her, to hold firm & stop her & the grey suits like BLiar, Mandlescum, Major & two EU pensions Clegg from succeeding. >:( >:( >:(

Never ever lose sight of the fact that however benign a dictatorship is when it starts like the EU the more power it amasses and the more unpopular it gets (like all governments do over time), the more ruthless it becomes in preserving the power and privileges of those in charge. If UK democracy is stolen from us the people, dark, violent times lie ahead where we will all have to choose like in Cromwell's day on which side we are on. Are you for democracy, wealth creation for the masses, private property and the same laws applying to everybody or for an all powerful ruling elite and regime where you lease everything from the state including your life and any lease can be cancelled at any time?

You mean when a bunch of Norman barons killed off the Saxon ones and took complete control of the English populous, without any hope for them to be given any real freedoms, and in fact only to see the continuation of the fiefdom (slavery) system!? ::) ::)

It was not until 1651 that the people really started to have any kind of democracy post the Third English Civil War with an end to absolute monarchy and the right of the common man to rule himself.  Even then it was not until 1918, after the ruling class had led it's working class population to be slaughtered in a war of Empires, that all men over 21 had the right to vote, and not until 1928 that women were finally blessed with that right.

Then, after saying that, all the time we have proportional representation in our parliamentary system, and it is hard to see what else could work, our democracy will not be perfect and with worldwide considerations always there we can never "be a free self-governing nation" as recent political events have surely shown.  In the EU we had a chance, with a real British leader (one to be found please!!), to ensure that organisation worked in favour of the (British) people and ensured the security and stability democracy needs. But, hay ho, 52% of our people voted to withdraw. So, now......

With BREXIT now we should withdraw from it as the European Court of Justice has ruled we can, without penalty.  Then, with new leadership and a review of what we want to base BREXIT on, with perhaps a chance for the British public to comment by way of a vote that clearly instructs our elected representatives to seek a new BREXIT on terms that truly echo what they want (if that is possible!!) and will give our country the freedoms and powers suitable for our needs. ;)
« Last Edit: 14 December 2018, 12:12:13 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 14 December 2018, 13:05:28 »

So you want to declare the biggest vote in the history of the country null and void.  :o
Words fail me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 14 December 2018, 13:10:32 »

Lizzie. This with a real leader we could have influenced the EU as one of 28 nations. How would that work if the 27 voted against our one voice? How would it work if the bar was raised by say % vote by populace ( as per the Brexitcurrent scenario).

David Cameron was a “ real leader” and he failed horribly. That was in the era before the EU hardened against Britain.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 14 December 2018, 13:16:49 »

So you want to declare the biggest vote in the history of the country null and void.  :o
Words fail me.

Unless we have a 'no deal brexit' we won't have a brexit.

Any other form of 'watery still linked to Europe brexit' is not brexit......or brexit in name only. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 14 December 2018, 13:32:51 »

If most Remainers, instead of a small minority, had accepted the democratic result and had acted like adults, been patriotic, rather than fifth columns by channeling their efforts into a successful Brexit and a successful UK we would not be where we are now with all their plotting, collusion and hidden agendas. IMO absolutely shameful how they have behaved. >:( >:( >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 14 December 2018, 13:38:25 »

So you want to declare the biggest vote in the history of the country null and void. :o
Words fail me.

I am not.

I am suggesting what any good military commander does if your battle position is compromised and will not give you what you want.  You withdraw your forces, re-group, revise your battle plans, then again go on the offensive to achieve your objectives by a different route.

Other than that, and avoiding going through yet again the circle of going nowhere, what else do you suggest that is practical? ::)

All you, and so many, are just suggesting we continue with the Charge of the Light Brigade, and we know how that ended once the spin of the time was lifted!  That is when words fail me!! ::) ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 14 December 2018, 13:46:40 »

If most Remainers, instead of a small minority, had accepted the democratic result and had acted like adults, been patriotic, rather than fifth columns by channeling their efforts into a successful Brexit and a successful UK we would not be where we are now with all their plotting, collusion and hidden agendas. IMO absolutely shameful how they have behaved. >:( >:( >:(

I voted remain and would vote remain again if an option on a second referendum.

However, I don't think remainers should be given that option. We lost. Shit happens.

If there is another referendum the option should be between TM's watery BRINO or no deal...........but I wager there would be the option to remain as well.

Either way there will be tears before bedtime. ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 14 December 2018, 13:48:19 »

That's right, just blame it on a "small majority" of remainers instead of blaming the big majority of Brexiteers who, after starting this all off with a series of lies to the British people, have only worked to try and feather their political nests instead of working towards getting the best for the country.  As the "majority" they have failed to turn victory at the polls into the reality they promised.  They are the ones to blame, not a minority!!

In anycase, whatever, it is no good you or anyone else entering the blame game now.  What this country needs is for everyone to work to get the best we can get for the nation and it's people.  If that means a tactical withdrawal, before a new offensive as I stated above, for the sake of the nation and all our well being, then so be it! ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 14 December 2018, 13:55:18 »

That's right, just blame it on a "small majority" of remainers instead of blaming the big majority of Brexiteers who, after starting this all off with a series of lies to the British people, have only worked to try and feather their political nests instead of working towards getting the best for the country.  As the "majority" they have failed to turn victory at the polls into the reality they promised.  They are the ones to blame, not a minority!!

In anycase, whatever, it is no good you or anyone else entering the blame game now.  What this country needs is for everyone to work to get the best we can get for the nation and it's people.  If that means a tactical withdrawal, before a new offensive as I stated above, for the sake of the nation and all our well being, then so be it! ;)

Kick him in the balls, Lizzie........ ::) ::) ::) :-* :-*

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 14 December 2018, 14:00:55 »

I rest my case from my earlier post! On the subject of lies, what was Project Fear which continues to this day then?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.