Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Reversing Type 2 diabetes  (Read 2292 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing Type 2 diabetes
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2020, 20:53:56 »

Thanks :y most of that has been from eating significantly less, but not unhealthily. Only started at the gym this week, but if I can keep it up, then once at a better weight, ie less fat, (I am still roughly the same shape as when I was heavier :-[) then I will find a happy medium and feel better for it...

If by biscuits, you mean digestives, hobnobs and oreos etc, cutting them out will help significantly as they are impossible to eat singularly and contain a fair amount of saturated fat.

Cheese and wine can be moderated... If you can't open a bottle without drinking it all, buy smaller bottles...

I don't drink a huge amount, but as the airside blood alcohol limits are the same as flight crew, this is no bad thing ;)
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 21:02:20 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing Type 2 diabetes
« Reply #16 on: 14 January 2020, 01:00:44 »

Beer & biscuits are both high-gi, hi-carb, but the reason I haven't eaten biscuits most of my adult life is looking up the ingredients from hydrogenated vegetable oil (now banned in the US for the trans fat heart attack meal of choice) but also palm oil which is not only added to biscuits but so many other grain based foods, often guiltily labeled as 'vegetable oil' as the alternative saturated fat heart attack soft eating niceness killer of voluntary choice. Half of my family has a history of circulation premature death from stokes & heart attacks, so I'm hoping to do better on this. The other half have lived to their mid to high nighties apart from one aunt who died at 102.

Diet wise, I can only tell you about my personal experiences & what works for me, try it & see if it woks for you, but at the end of the day as with all personal preferences it is always about what works for you. :y

Exercise is great & never forget that the heart is a muscle & the more you exercise it the stronger it is. But generally excessive calories v exercise, excessive calories will win, so you need to reduce this.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.