Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aircon pipe welding  (Read 659 times)

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
Aircon pipe welding
« on: 10 December 2011, 17:56:51 »

Heya all,

a service connector of aircon was shot out by pressure so I decided to repair it. English is being hard for me ergo I made some pics. The job, self, is not a huge amount of effort general tools are needed as you will see on pics.

To make a bit more place to feel free to work I temporarily removed the battery and disconnected one hose of SAI valve.

Slackened the questioned pipe connection, down between two spanner you can see the empty place of gas filling connector (was shot out) as a simple hole.

I had to slacken from the other end too, which belongs to aircon cooler.

On the left is a second hand tank, on the right is the old one. As you see the alu ends don't fit to each other . I couldn't use the second hand one instead the original, so I cut down both end to get me easy to re-pair them.

I was so lucky that outer diameter of one was the same as the inner diameter of other I just had to cut two new screw - inside and outside.

Pre-welding status, seems good but connected by screw only I'm not sure it's enough strong...

After welding and refitting. Dismantling took for 30min max, to put back as well. Being not really a mechanic but electric man I wasn't sure in myself but everything was OK in the end. Hope it will useful for any of you.           Laszlo
C20NE - X25XE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.