Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clay Mitt v. Clay Bar  (Read 5143 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Clay Mitt v. Clay Bar
« Reply #15 on: 18 July 2019, 14:12:55 »

I put the Mondeo through the car wash on Saturday and it cost me the princely sum of £7!  ::)

It did look nice though, but 2 days later it was covered in dust and the shitehawks had shat all over it!  :(  ::)

Flying rats also known as pigeons seem to delight in dropping copious amounts of excrement all over my Jag. Left for more than a day or so it will 'burn' into the paintwork. :-\

Since stringing up a life size sparrow hawk the little bastards have kept well away.... :y

Might be worth a try, Sir Tig. :)

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 July 2019, 17:22:33 »

I’ve never been too impressed with the clay bars. A faf to use and throw away afterwards or if you drop it. Only recently been introduced to trying a clay mitt and am very impressed. You wash your car but afterwards there’s always a slight roughness left on the paintwork that these mits deal with in no time . And they’re reusable even if you drop it.
Leaves the paintwork feeling totally blemish free and ready for waxing. Previously I thought the only way to get the paintwork back to smooth was a once over with the polishing machine but this is better in some ways.only removes the contamination without taking off the paint.
And I’m only using a cheap £4 China job. The better known £30 ones must Be amazing

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 July 2019, 18:42:11 »

I put the Mondeo through the car wash on Saturday and it cost me the princely sum of £7!  ::)

It did look nice though, but 2 days later it was covered in dust and the shitehawks had shat all over it!  :(  ::)

Flying rats also known as pigeons seem to delight in dropping copious amounts of excrement all over my Jag. Left for more than a day or so it will 'burn' into the paintwork. :-\

Since stringing up a life size sparrow hawk the little bastards have kept well away.... :y

Round here the Seagulls have air superiority and laugh in face of 'Ack Ack' or even the odd SAM, so I doubt a fake hawk will cut the mustard TBH.  :-\  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2019, 18:47:23 »

Round here the Seagulls have air superiority and laugh in face of 'Ack Ack' or even the odd SAM, so I doubt a fake hawk will cut the mustard TBH.  :-\  ::)  ;D

Nasty f*uckers..........and they'll steal your fish and chips  given half a chance. :D

Pigeons are far more easy to intimidate. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2019, 19:09:27 »

Nasty f*uckers..........and they'll steal your fish and chips  given half a chance. :D

Pigeons are far more easy to intimidate. ;)

They are also partial to a 99 flake/Mr Whippy ice cream as well.  It's getting so you need to sit under a big umbrella to eat your ice cream in peace!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2019, 22:52:10 »

Round here you get to need something like a clay bar/cloth/mitt as there's an awful lot of airborne fallout from the steelworks to settle on and attack the paintwork.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 July 2019, 18:44:23 »

and ready for waxing
The only wax my cars see is the Turtlewax shampoo stuff ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 July 2019, 10:09:45 »

They are also partial to a 99 flake/Mr Whippy ice cream as well.  It's getting so you need to sit under a big umbrella to eat your ice cream in peace! ::)

In Lyme? Please let me know your secret. Unless it's "wait until November". ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2019, 15:54:07 »

and ready for waxing

Doesn't work!
I like red cars

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 July 2019, 17:29:22 »

and ready for waxing

Doesn't work!
I've never seen a rusty turtle  :P

Turtle wax shampoo is OK to wash your car with if you have a decent coat of wax on to start with and you just want to wash the dirt off your car and don't mind it being a smeary mess when it dries

dilute cheap washing up detergent will strip off all the old wax ,rinse well and apply a good wax works well for me  ;D

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2019, 07:30:29 »

and ready for waxing

Doesn't work!

Turtle wax shampoo is OK to wash your car with if you have a decent coat of wax on to start with and you just want to wash the dirt off your car and don't mind it being a smeary mess when it dries

dilute cheap washing up detergent will strip off all the old wax ,rinse well and apply a good wax works well for me  ;D

...and the lacquer......
I like red cars

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 July 2019, 19:22:52 »

a few weeks ago i purchased some products off a shopping channel. not going to waste it on my mig though it will only show the chips & scratches more clearly.  ;) ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 July 2019, 19:40:19 »

and ready for waxing

Doesn't work!

...and the lacquer......
I've never has lacquer peel on any car that was not there before I started abusing it  ???
Lacquer tends to peel after a bad paint repair
he only paint and lacquer peel on My omega is at the roof channels  , I suspect it was missed with primer in the factory .
it was like this BEFORE I got the Omega
someone said it was due to anti-freeze in the screen wash  :-\
being one of the last cars built , I think Opel CNBA to paint it properly  ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 July 2019, 21:02:55 »

Having washed and polished lots of Trucks for shows,(I have prizes) I found the best way is,, wet the motor first, apply wash-wax with a pressure washer, then blow it off, reapply wash-wax, then get a sponge wash the Truck top to bottom, rinse, then microfiber it dry using rain water, then polish using auto-glymm super resin polish, then to keep the shine use the waterless wax from TV channel of choice.  For polished  stainless, soap and water then polish with waterless wax, or diamond White,. Windows use newspaper. For polished alloy, a mix of auto-sol and diamond White and lots of elbow grease. 

And the worst part is it takes forever, and it's a daily chore,, hence why I stopped doing it, just keep it clean now.
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2019, 19:51:36 »

The laquer is starting to peel on the front bumper of the BMW .. which means it now gets washed much less often than it used to because I can't trust the local kosovans not to jetwash the rest of the laquer off  :-X ;D :-X :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.