Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurocarparts and pollen filters  (Read 3643 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocarparts and pollen filters
« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2014, 13:08:16 »

Yep
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2014, 13:13:16 »

Yep
Cheers rob. think i will get me one and dump the cheap paper thing   :y

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 28 July 2014, 13:32:49 »

Dimensionally, all pollen filters are the same size, regardless of the Omega it's being fitted to :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 July 2014, 14:09:59 »

Just ordered a new pollen filter from Eurocarparts for my Octavia .... £3.60.

Ok its only a basic filter, but the way i look at it, in this hot weather you need all the airflow you can get for the aircon....and the carbon filters can only reduce the airflow....

Then i looked up for the Omega....not that i have one anymore....just being noisey ....

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Vauxhall_Omega_2.2_2003/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/pollenfilter/?507720128&1&b3f85f6f2213624cbe7477e0e6f71e132b3b22d7&000047

£4.32....thats good in my book too.....so might be worth changing the filter, if your aircon is struggling a bit  :y

Actually you don't, the aircon system has a finite cooling capability which will be much less than the max airflow of the blower setup  :y :y :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 28 July 2014, 16:59:12 »

I did wonder, as Mark says. Quite often these ac set ups blow colder on a slower fan speed. Certainly the ac set ups at work are that way.

(Hopefully that's relevant if I've understood correctly? )

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #20 on: 29 July 2014, 07:09:22 »

Ok its only a basic filter, but the way i look at it, in this hot weather you need all the airflow you can get for the aircon....and the carbon filters can only reduce the airflow....

Then i looked up for the Omega....not that i have one anymore....just being noisey ....

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Vauxhall_Omega_2.2_2003/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/pollenfilter/?507720128&1&b3f85f6f2213624cbe7477e0e6f71e132b3b22d7&000047

£4.32....thats good in my book too.....so might be worth changing the filter, if your aircon is struggling a bit  :y

Actually you don't, the aircon system has a finite cooling capability which will be much less than the max airflow of the blower setup  :y :y :y

I agree, if your filter isnt partially blocked with dust/dead insects/etc....

I had a much reduced airflow, due to 'i think never been changed' filter and on 'auto' the fan used to to run at 7 or 8 out of 8 fan speed all the time and didnt get the cabin to the 18C i had the climate set to.
Yesterday morning i fitted the new filter and altho it wasnt as hot (only 25C) i could tell there was a definite increase in airflow and after being on for 5mins or so the fan slowed up to 3...4 out of 8 and was definitely cooler in the car  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 July 2014, 09:59:56 »

Where is the pollen filter on an early Battlebus, as I might treat it. The AC is nice and chilly, but the fan has no strength.
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2014, 21:17:49 »

Where is the pollen filter on an early Battlebus, as I might treat it. The AC is nice and chilly, but the fan has no strength.

Usually where most of them are....up behind the glovebox  ;) :y

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2014, 23:17:59 »

Looks like a good deal, local Havant Mototr factors want £17.50 for the correct one.
Small lad in Halfords "Oh yer Omega sir, that`s the new one isn`t it"  ???,
"That new one, I saw the add the other night" ??? "Nice car sir, just let me look it up for you"  :-\ " Errr sorry sir, we don`t even supply that one yet". WTF are these kids on.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 July 2014, 11:18:30 »

Oh bollards, it will stay as it is then. I don't like it that much
Grumpy old man

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 July 2014, 17:34:14 »

Just had the air con regassed at the local Vauxhall dealership and it's nice and cold, all it cost was 4 cans of lager  :)
Retired

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #26 on: 30 July 2014, 19:08:07 »

I dont know for certain its there....buts that where they've all been on the cars i've owned...

If it is...its only a 10 mins job....pop the cover off behind the glovebox.....work out how the cover comes of the pollen filter....usually slides off.....pull out filter....shove new one in and 2 mins later you have all the covers back on  :y

Then shout at Mrs TB to get the vacuum outside, as she needs to vacuum all the dust/crap/dead insects that are deposited on the passenger side carpet  :y ;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 July 2014, 19:51:31 »

http://www.pollenfilter.co.uk//display_filter.php?id=100&part=M2113

al brown

• alton, hants
    • Rusty 97 3l estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2014, 17:36:36 »

As I have an old omega and hence never heard of carbon filter, what is the difference and is it worth it/compatible to fit to my old barge.
If your car is an Elite, with Electronic Climate Control, then it should have a charcoal pollen filter :y
Not quite correct. Only the inferior FL model needs it. Superior PFL doesn't

OK, forgive my ignorance please, but, I know my car is superior in every way and therefore doesn't need a carbon filter. Just why not, surely the system is broadly similar.
If it aint broken, you aint trying hard enough

omega3000

« Reply #29 on: 01 August 2014, 17:42:39 »

As I have an old omega and hence never heard of carbon filter, what is the difference and is it worth it/compatible to fit to my old barge.
If your car is an Elite, with Electronic Climate Control, then it should have a charcoal pollen filter :y
Not quite correct. Only the inferior FL model needs it. Superior PFL doesn't

OK, forgive my ignorance please, but, I know my car is superior in every way and therefore doesn't need a carbon filter. Just why not, surely the system is broadly similar.

Good question  :y And would it do any harm fitting a carbon one  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.