Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Poll

How many powered vehicles  have you had stolen?

None, ever
- 17 (68%)
One
- 4 (16%)
Two
- 3 (12%)
Three
- 1 (4%)
Four or more
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever had a car stolen?  (Read 6198 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: Ever had a car stolen?
« Reply #45 on: 25 September 2019, 21:46:12 »

All you comments Dave have gone through my mind and Im not sure what is the best advise I can give her .
By all accounts insurance company are due to collect car on Friday and a mechanic is going to assess the car ..presumably with a view to rightoff or repair.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 September 2019, 07:31:57 »

2 stolen both from Farnborough Main car park.

In 1985 a new Rover SD 2600 Auto never recovered. It was just a few months old.

Replaced with and had a few Ford Scorpios one of which (a 1994) was stolen in 1995. It had about 8000 on it. About 12 months later I got a phone call asking me about the history of the car and it had something like 60000 miles on it. Police made an arrest and as the insurance had paid out I was only awarded my excess to be paid by thief in monthly instalments.

After 37 years my parking at Farnborough this will cease at the end of this year and my annual car park ticket will be no more.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 September 2019, 15:04:25 »

Never had one stolen, but there was one occasion when I nearly drove off in the wrong Capri. Unlocked it, started it, put it in gear, looked down and thought that's not MY steering wheel Just how many dark green cars with a gold wing were there in that carpark? ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 28 September 2019, 16:10:49 »

Never had one stolen, but there was one occasion when I nearly drove off in the wrong Capri. Unlocked it, started it, put it in gear, looked down and thought that's not MY steering wheel Just how many dark green cars with a gold wing were there in that carpark? ;D
Classic Ford colours ;D

My last Mk Granada was Nimbus Grey over Strato Silver with a dark green front wing :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 September 2019, 17:03:19 »

Classic Ford colours ;D

My last Mk Granada was Nimbus Grey over Strato Silver with a dark green front wing :D
Thinking about it, the opposite front wing was Champagne Gold...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 29 September 2019, 23:14:52 »

When my wife at the time bought a new replacement Astra the old Renault 19 my eldest daughter was going to have, until the steering wheel, with a Crooklock fitted was bent to try to remove it, the steering lock was broken & the dashboard trashed, I decided it was not worth repairing & scrapped it. There were many thefts of cars from front gardens at the time & never recovered, along with lots of metal thefts in general. >:( >:( >:(

I've also had a attempted house breakin, but they didn't get past the front door deadlock & couldn't breakin by breaking a window at the back. Fortunately, my next door neighbour at the time had a really loud dog who would make everybody aware by barking like mad if he felt is territory being threatened & when let out had gone mad at our adjoining fence, which I think scared them off.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 30 September 2019, 13:19:46 »

Classic £20 Ford colours ;D

FTFY :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.