Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Pensioners....get yer wallets out  (Read 12635 times)

STEMO

Pensioners....get yer wallets out
« on: 08 May 2018, 11:16:28 »

This shite has been doing the rounds for a number of years now. Indeed, the young twonk that was on tv this morning admitted that resolution foundation has released over 20 reports leading up to this one. I think a better idea would be to take every penny from members of this pointless, useless talking shop and shoot the tw**s. But the BBC loves it and has been all over every one of the previous pieces of crap they've produced:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44029808

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Pensioners....get yer wallets out
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2018, 11:21:30 »

Ive also started a thread which mentions this. You best me to it by three and a half minutes, which is about the length of time I spent typing it.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2018, 11:23:07 »

There you go, Albs:

Well if your over 25 bad luck. If your under 25 though you might be in luck !!
The Resolution foundation (who ?) headed by David Willets, a former Tory MP has recommended that everyone should be given £25k from the Govt. money tree when they reach the age of 25.
What better way to encourage the huge sense of entitlement of the snowflake generation.
You don't need to work and struggle to get what you want in life. The rest of us will give it to you.
The world really has gone fickin mad. This is the kind of thing you would have seen as a sketch in a comedy programme not long ago.
Now its a serious recommendation from a supposedly serious think tank type organisation.
They also recommend that people who carry on working past retirement age should now pay national insurance to fund the NHS.
This will obviously mean that people wont carry on working and will be less self reliant and more likely to be reliant on the state.
Depraved neo Marxism.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2018, 11:24:22 »

Yours is inaccurate though, it's £10,000 not £25,000  ;D

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2018, 13:33:00 »

The vilification of anyone over 30 seems to gathering pace, encouraging a we deserve everything younger generation. There also seems to be a myth going round that old people are causing all the bed blocking and pension problems. Total load of tosh, they paid in so deserve pension and care. A lot of younger people are living high off the hog and it's time they were thrown naked into the real world and see how they get on.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2018, 15:13:37 »

Yours is inaccurate though, it's £10,000 not £25,000  ;D

I'm hot, sweaty and bothered. Leave me alone.  :P...................I think your right though. I got carried away with my 25,s.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2018, 17:36:19 »

Total load of tosh, they paid in so deserve pension and care.

True enough, but on the flip side I think most would agree things got pretty well out of hand regarding a lot of baby boomers. Take as an example my friend's father, early retired from his police desk job on his 50th birthday, full final salary pension, index linked, all that jazz. Even starting work at 16, he's been educated by the state, at work 34yrs and will probably live another 34yrs at the state's expense.

Hard to swallow when your taxes are paying his £40-50k/yr at the same time you're being told that your pension age is going up, you need to work more hours than your parents' generation, housing to income multiples are higher than they've ever been. Oh and you're lazy and entitled.  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2018, 17:56:31 »

These 'quick fixes' can never work. Basically, the world is overpopulated and there simply isn't enough to go around. The working class and, to a certain extent, the middle class, were relatively poor for hundreds of years. We pick on one generation, who had it pretty good, and slate them for being so lucky. What's happening is a return to some sort of normality. Everyone cannot have everything, otherwise there would be no point in being human. Striving for our goals is what makes us what we are.
Albs will tell you it's Tony Bliar's fault for raising expectations beyond reasonable bounds....and he may have a point. If you are of moderate intelligence and you work hard, you have a good chance of making a decent life for yourself. If you are thick, too fat or lazy, know your place and be thankful for what you've got  ;D

I'm in line to be Jaime's employment minister, by the way.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2018, 18:07:46 »

If you are of moderate intelligence and you work hard, you have a good chance of making a decent life for yourself. If you are thick, too fat or lazy, know your place and be thankful for what you've got  ;D
If the stupid kid from the local comp can work his way to earning enough to buy a house, and enjoy some small luxuries, then anyone can, with a bit of similar hard graft.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2018, 18:09:31 »

Agree with the sentiment, but house price anywhere within 70ish miles of London are out of reach of many first time buyers now, and that needs to be addressed somehow.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2018, 18:11:06 »

Agree with the sentiment, but house price anywhere within 70ish miles of London are out of reach of many first time buyers now, and that needs to be addressed somehow.
Easy. Move.

Personally, I'm all for bombing the shit out of London, as it will improve the place.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2018, 18:11:14 »

Rent, stay at home, emigrate, move north........but you're not getting one for free, I can tell you that for nowt.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2018, 18:17:20 »

My lad is 19 next week and is at Sheffield Uni. When he finishes, he will no doubt get a job of some sort. He will either earn enough for a deposit or he will stay in his room here. That's his choice, and staying here is not a hardship, I can tell you that for nothing.
Fortunately, he is not 'entitled', because I brought him up in the real world.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2018, 18:17:24 »

Easy. Move.
And I should point out I did not move to Brakkers by choice. Other things forced the move, and Brakkers was chosen because for about 50% more than we sold our tiny 2/3 bed semi for in Aylesbury bought us a comfortably sized 4 bed detached in Brakkers.

It was pure luck its actually a nice place to live, and I reckon I'm on the best street in town.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2018, 18:18:34 »

Easy. Move.
And I should point out I did not move to Brakkers by choice. Other things forced the move, and Brakkers was chosen because for about 50% more than we sold our tiny 2/3 bed semi for in Aylesbury bought us a comfortably sized 4 bed detached in Brakkers.

It was pure luck its actually a nice place to live, and I reckon I'm on the best street in town.
It might have been before you moved in.   ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.