Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Pensioners....get yer wallets out  (Read 12636 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Pensioners....get yer wallets out
« Reply #15 on: 08 May 2018, 18:35:15 »

Easy. Move.
And I should point out I did not move to Brakkers by choice. Other things forced the move, and Brakkers was chosen because for about 50% more than we sold our tiny 2/3 bed semi for in Aylesbury bought us a comfortably sized 4 bed detached in Brakkers.

It was pure luck its actually a nice place to live, and I reckon I'm on the best street in town.
It might have been before you moved in blew it up  ;D

Fixed that for everyone :)

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 08 May 2018, 18:36:22 »

Easy. Move.
And I should point out I did not move to Brakkers by choice. Other things forced the move, and Brakkers was chosen because for about 50% more than we sold our tiny 2/3 bed semi for in Aylesbury bought us a comfortably sized 4 bed detached in Brakkers.

It was pure luck its actually a nice place to live, and I reckon I'm on the best street in town.
It might have been before you moved in blew it up  ;D

Fixed that for everyone :)
Tee hee   ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 May 2018, 18:42:52 »

Easy. Move.

Personally, I'm all for bombing the shit out of London, as it will improve the place.

100% agree. Unless you from a long line of under-rock dwelling people, London has always been expensive, no point whining about it. Personally I’d quite like a 4 bedroom villa overlooking Monaco harbour, but I don’t whine about how I can’t afford to buy one! And actually, it’s cyclical, if all the young talent (and by that I mean people who are actually employable, moved North/West a bit, prices would equalise.

It’s the same when you see local Cornish/Devon folk bitching about second home owners. They’re only second home owners because locals allowed it to happen. I’ve yet to see a house advertised as £500k, or £250k if you’re a local  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 May 2018, 18:54:16 »

I've had a quick Google.......and it seems that by far the biggest government expenditure is pensions......£113 billion and rising year on year.

How about we implement a "Logan's Run" type policy at 65?. The huge saving can be passed on to the young. NHS costs will fall dramatically because it is the coffin dodgers who are blocking all the beds.

Sounds like a win win situation to me.. If the cull was handled humanely I think it is workable. :)

I'm surprised TB hasn't thought of this idea already. :)   

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 08 May 2018, 18:58:05 »

I've had a quick Google.......and it seems that by far the biggest government expenditure is pensions......£113 billion and rising year on year.

How about we implement a "Logan's Run" type policy at 65?. The huge saving can be passed on to the young. NHS costs will fall dramatically because it is the coffin dodgers who are blocking all the beds.

Sounds like a win win situation to me.. If the cull was handled humanely I think it is workable. :)

I'm surprised TB hasn't thought of this idea already. :)   
That idea is as good (and as possible) as the ten grand one.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 May 2018, 18:58:28 »

.......Oh, and there should be a law to stop doddery old women working on the tills at the supermarket. They are so slow I may drop dead of old age in the queue one day.

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 08 May 2018, 18:59:52 »

.......Oh, and there should be a law to stop doddery old women working on the tills at the supermarket. They are so slow I may drop dead of old age in the queue one day.
Send the wife...or do you like to keep an eye on what she spends?  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2018, 19:01:12 »

Actually, this £10,000 idea may not be so bad. When they gave it to my lad, I could just punch him in the face and take it off him. Hmmmmmm   :-\

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 08 May 2018, 19:02:14 »

Or 'mind' it for him.......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 May 2018, 19:03:27 »

It’s the same when you see local Cornish/Devon folk bitching about second home owners. They’re only second home owners because locals allowed it to happen. I’ve yet to see a house advertised as £500k, or £250k if you’re a local  ;D

And how were they suppose to stop it happening exactly?  ???

Burn the houses down?  Man the barricades?  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 08 May 2018, 19:04:43 »

Where are the locals who sold them in the first place? Sunning it somewhere, no doubt.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 May 2018, 19:08:16 »

Many older people are claiming pensions (and a large variety of other benefits) for 20 years or more. In the good old days of scarlet fever, consumption, and cholera  most people would barely make it to a pensionable age, and if they did they would usually drop off the perch soon after.

My point being that most pensioners take far more from the system than they ever paid in. This is not sustainable.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 May 2018, 19:09:33 »

Where are the locals who sold them in the first place? Sunning it somewhere, no doubt.

Probably!  :y

Round here people are buying perfectly good £500k houses and knocking them down for a grand design type thing!  :o  ::)

Havn't seen that Kevin McCloud fella yet, but I bet he's lurking around somewhere!  :-\  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 08 May 2018, 19:09:39 »

Many older people are claiming pensions (and a large variety of other benefits) for 20 years or more. In the good old days of scarlet fever, consumption, and cholera  most people would barely make it to a pensionable age, and if they did they would usually drop off the perch soon after.

My point being that most pensioners take far more from the system than they ever paid in. This is not sustainable.
Correct. That's why taxes should be raised to fund pensions  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 May 2018, 19:11:47 »

Or 'mind' it for him.......

Good idea.....tell him you'll give it to him when he is 65. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.