Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay of E  (Read 15853 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Gay of E
« Reply #30 on: 17 August 2019, 13:22:07 »

all of my stuff turned up early apart from the dash camera  :(

not Ebays fault though
I tracked it via Yodel tracking to local depot and it was due delivery monday
Monday afternoon Yodel changed the status to "Sorry we missed you. We've left you a calling card" which they did not leave a card,
nor did they actually come to my house , I was in , I also checked my CCTV to be 100% sure  >:(
I contacted Yodel, who said they would deliver Tuesday
Tuesday tracking did NOT say "out for delivery"   >:(
contacted Yodel again , "seems we have not scanned the parcel for quite a while"
so you've lost it then ? "NO, we will do a depot wide search" *which to me says lost  ;D
then the cheeky Tw@s changed the tracking status to " Thanks for choosing a new date. See you soon!"  >:( :(
tracking on another site said "Aberdeen home delivery" at one stage
I contacted the ebay seller now and he will contact yodel

I ordered another camera and a dash cam on Wednesday evening from other ebay sellers
one came yesterday , the other was delivered today  :)

so, for the first time in a long time I had an issue
but due to the knob jockeys at Yodel , not ebay

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 August 2019, 15:48:13 »

s'only ebay that's a problem (and Amazon Marketplace).  Its been getting progressively worse for the last few years.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 August 2019, 19:20:30 »

Todays ebay delivery (2 cambelt kits), one was correct, other was for something that has a very strange idler/tensioner setup. And I suspect a smallish 4 cylinder engine.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 August 2019, 19:53:52 »

We had ( in Spain ) yesterday an email saying our item was ready for delivery. Great

However the local end delivery had changed the correct address to gobbledegook, so undeliverable

No problem changed it to a drop off point.

Dropped in at 5 p.m. their opening time . Sign in window open at six p.m. Hey Ho.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 August 2019, 20:41:35 »

We had ( in Spain ) yesterday an email saying our item was ready for delivery. Great

However the local end delivery had changed the correct address to gobbledegook, so undeliverable

Dropped in at 5 p.m. their opening time . Sign in window open at six p.m. Hey Ho.
Well, that's what you get for living somewhere that spends the afternoon asleep :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 August 2019, 21:11:37 »

Well, that's what you get for living somewhere that spends the afternoon asleep :D

You are only jealous. ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 August 2019, 18:01:57 »

Chinky seller with the cable has come good, and refunded the lot.  I thought that was going to be the usual battle of it not arriving, and then having to take the fight to the PO.

The lady in the village PO - we use a nearby village postoffice, as our one in town is an ass to park near - is even commenting on how much shit I have to send back ;D
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 August 2019, 19:21:25 »

I was refunded by the seller of the dash cam that YODEL lost on monday  :)
I've had 2 dash cams arrive from other sellers by royal mail 48

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 August 2019, 16:57:02 »

I need to chase up a bundle of, admittedly cheap, egay tat that hasn't turned up yet, despite being dispatched from the UK (yet hieroglyphics as the receipient on the paypal invoice).

Not worth the effort chasing if they don't turn up, but I do need them.  Mostly printer bits following some belt issues - the damn thing has probably printed 40k miles, and is due a new set of timing belts ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 August 2019, 18:22:52 »

Reading what you have published on your internet buying, I reckon you are one unlucky sod TB! :o :o ;D ;D

Now I have purchased thousands of pounds of many types of goods from internet suppliers, including Amazon and your infamous Ebay.  But I have very rarely had a problem, the last one being with Ebay and an awful carrier.  But, as in that case, once I have finished with them I get an immediate refund plus compensation for my wasted time and effort. 8) 8)

I, unlike you I think, only use reputable online sites, with verified quality suppliers that I can research before I buy.  I recommend TB that you take the same route, and not be a tight arse ( ;) ;) ;D ;D)  and be prepared to pay good money for an excellent product, supplied by a reputable provider.

You only get what you pay for, and I would ask is it worth all the hassle you seem to have in an effort to save pennies? ::) ::)

Just my, as a retailer, observations after reading your posts on these matters :P :P ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 August 2019, 18:58:28 »

Oh Lizzie, if only you knew ;D.

I've been doing this shite for an awful long time. Hence I know to only use ebay when the alternatives are going to be even more hassle.

There is an awful lot to be said for walking in a shop with universal gift vouchers (pound notes), handing some over, and walking out with what you want.  But as that idea is alien to the rich millennials, there are no shops now.  Now the once brilliant Brackley DIY has shut, I'm racking my brains to think if you can buy any non grocery goods in my town (curry, coffee and houses don't count) :(
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 August 2019, 19:35:50 »

Oh Lizzie, if only you knew ;D.

I've been doing this shite for an awful long time. Hence I know to only use ebay when the alternatives are going to be even more hassle.

There is an awful lot to be said for walking in a shop with universal gift vouchers (pound notes), handing some over, and walking out with what you want. But as that idea is alien to the rich millennials, there are no shops now.  Now the once brilliant Brackley DIY has shut, I'm racking my brains to think if you can buy any non grocery goods in my town (curry, coffee and houses don't count) :(

Ahhhhhhhhh, those were the days TB, the days of long hot Summers, and endless fun in romantic places and lines of shops as far as the eye could see :D :D :D

Long gone :'( :'( :'(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 August 2019, 21:22:16 »

I ordered 3 items last night from ebay.  :)

2 have been marked as dispatched.  :y 

One is on it's way by Hermes so should be here at the weekend, the other despite being listed as a UK supplier tells me delivery will be in 2 weeks, so it's coming from China...  ::)

No word on the third item yet.  :-\ 

I'll keep you posted!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 22 August 2019, 21:52:56 »

I ordered 3 items last night from ebay.  :)

2 have been marked as dispatched.  :y 

One is on it's way by Hermes so should be here at the weekend, the other despite being listed as a UK supplier tells me delivery will be in 2 weeks, so it's coming from China...  ::)

No word on the third item yet.  :-\ 

I'll keep you posted!  :)
When? Make sure you're not late.  ::)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 August 2019, 23:18:53 »

That boot lid gets darn heavy to lift with only one gas strut working.
Oh wow 2 gas struts for £15.99, so that`s really 2 for less money then a real one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-2-Tailgate-Rear-Gas-Struts-Springs-for-Opel-Vauxhall-Omega-B-94-03-Saloon/173413923919?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I should have refused delivery, when I saw the oil soaked box the postie was trying to give me  :P

Surley one must work & it does  :D that boot lid really pops up now  ;D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.