Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Gay of E  (Read 15847 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Gay of E
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2019, 19:16:33 »

I'm just ordering her a new USB fan (she aint allowed mains powered fans at her place),

Probably not allowed mains power due to the company needing all appliances to be PAT tested  :y
these clicky are not mains powered and blow quite well  :y
Its actually not the PAT, its silly local mindless management misunderstanding.  Essentially she hotdesks, although she doesn't.

Your suggestion is :y, I'll get her some ear defenders as well ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 August 2019, 19:18:24 »

I'm just ordering her a new USB fan (she aint allowed mains powered fans at her place), and I don't think I can repair hers yet again, it is just worn out ;D .

Hoping the (single) one I've found is identical to the one that's knackered, as most of them she has had couldn't blow a spec of dust away. It looks the same, except colour, but the image is a bit crap.

Its from egay. What could possibly go wrong ;D

For most of us? Nothing.
For you? God knows ;D
Yeah, I know, I'm demanding.  I expect stuff to:

a) Turn up
b) Work

I know I'm far too optimistic.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2019, 22:01:38 »

I'm just ordering her a new USB fan (she aint allowed mains powered fans at her place), and I don't think I can repair hers yet again, it is just worn out ;D .

Hoping the (single) one I've found is identical to the one that's knackered, as most of them she has had couldn't blow a spec of dust away. It looks the same, except colour, but the image is a bit crap.

For most of us? Nothing.
For you? God knows ;D
Yeah, I know, I'm demanding.  I expect stuff to:

a) Turn up
b) Work

I know I'm far too optimistic.
Apparently far too much to ask from employees these days.

I have heard it suggested that you should treat every job as though you are self employed and your business depends on it. Works for me.

The mentality of some of the people I encounter at work is embarrassing. And really frustrating.

Of course it's the companies' fault* that everyone gets put upon and nothing to do with the fact that it's the busiest month of the year ::)

*It is the companies' fault that they employ shit, whiny, lazy arsed staff with no work ethic, but that's a slightly different issue  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 August 2019, 22:52:56 »

For most of us? Nothing.
For you? God knows ;D

I was thinking same,I buy loads off the bay without issue :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2019, 01:31:47 »

The good thing about TB buying ALL of the duff stuff of Egay is that the rest of us very rarely have any problems. Once TB decides he is no longer going to buy all the duff stuff I will have to be a bit more wary. :P I typically buy at least one or more item every week as they are faster, more reliable & have cheaper postage rates than Amazon & a much better, stricter feedback system. I normally only order from Amazon once a month or so with maybe an item or two tacked on to my monthly book order, saved from not paying the TV tax or any subscription to any of the mind numbing, time waster, TV subscription channels.

Week before last it was a video door bell & bluetooth chime unit for ~£30 which works really well where I can remotely talk & view anybody anywhere on my iPhone. A USB lithium battery charger, two lithium batteries from a UK distributor, to replace the batteries in two 'sealed' Aldi rechargeable torches, where the batteries had failed. Brute force & two stilsons broke the Locktighted threaded joints. :y Two decent USB rechargeable aluminum torches on a £6 bid (I was the only bidder) where I think he bought them for a holiday & they didn't turn up in time, so I got them at about 1/2 price. This week a plant LED light as I didn't buy & plant my Carolina Reaper chilli seeds until March, so I think I will need to bring them inside & bring on in the autumn. Next year I will start the seeds, with other chilli & sweet peppers, as normal, at the end of January, inside in an electric propagator & use the lamp to bring them on until it it warm enough in May to put them in my greenhouse.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2019, 08:02:56 »

Stopped buying of eBay some time ago now, too many fake items being reported, there was a programme on one of the sky channels recently which showed the lengths these sellers go to trying to make the items appear as genuine as possible, at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2019, 08:05:01 by Tilbo »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2019, 08:09:41 »

Stopped buying of eBay some time ago now, too many fake items being reported, there was a programme on one of the sky channels recently which showed the lengths these sellers go to trying to make the items appear as genuine as possible, at the end of the day you get what you pay for.
just order cheap Chinese tat then , not over-priced branded Chinese tat   :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2019, 09:59:31 »

A replacement convex wing mirror glass, ETA monday / Tuesday
A personalized house number plaque, Delivered excellent quality clicky
A Venetian bind, ETA Tuesday royal mail
An OBD2 extension lead, Delivered
A HD dash cam, ETA monday yodel
A code reader, out for delivery today yodel

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2019, 10:07:30 »

A report from about 10yrs ago showed that virtually all* branded goods on ebay were fake

*Long since lost the report, but it was something mental like 90%
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2019, 10:09:52 »

Well, surprisingly, the Chinky seller of the £20 cable has come good, and has sent me the money to return it for a refund (though I've copped the Paypal fee).

Other 2 are in the Resolution Center.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2019, 10:11:03 »

I supposed I'd had 2 or 3 weeks of minimal hassle with ebay, so I was due a batch of shite :(
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2019, 10:41:18 »

Well, surprisingly, the Chinky seller of the £20 cable has come good, and has sent me the money to return it for a refund (though I've copped the Paypal fee).

Other 2 are in the Resolution Center.
they should have sent you a prepaid postage label ,costing you just the price of printing 1 page
and being a computer person, your draft printer should be cheap on consumables
for balck and white printing I have a crappy brother HL-2030 laser which you can dump black powder (not the explosive type  :P) in and off you go again for lots more printing  ;D
yes, I am a cheapskate  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2019, 12:03:00 »

they should have sent you a prepaid postage label ,costing you just the price of printing 1 page
Some sellers don't use the standard ebay return system, hence the hassles here.  Sadly, at the time of purchase, you don't know if they do or don't, which is a shame, as the ebay system is less hassle - though even that means 10 miles of my petrol and 30 mins of my time on a Saturday morning.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2019, 09:16:21 »

*Sigh*, another crap week of egay.  Even Mrs TB is getting sick of it, trying to buy a specific type of USB fan to replace her knackered one that I've bodged once too often.  She's trying to find one from anywhere other than egay now, as she's sick of them not working when they arrive.

My Chinky seller has disappeared off the face of the earth, over that cable.  The replacement cable I bought from a UK seller has a faulty latch, so needs to go back.  And I raised yet another resolution center job for a aprt from my printer than hasn't turned up.

Grrr
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2019, 12:22:18 »

*Sigh*, another crap week of egay.  Even Mrs TB is getting sick of it, trying to buy a specific type of USB fan to replace her knackered one that I've bodged once too often.  She's trying to find one from anywhere other than egay now, as she's sick of them not working when they arrive.

My Chinky seller has disappeared off the face of the earth, over that cable.  The replacement cable I bought from a UK seller has a faulty latch, so needs to go back.  And I raised yet another resolution center job for a aprt from my printer than hasn't turned up.

Grrr

My God, you have some bad luck with internet buying TB! :o :o :o

How about trying Amazon?  Mind you, seeing how unlucky you are, you will still have problems! ::) ::) ::) :P

Perhaps you should go back to using those real brick shops you have praised so loudly ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.