Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Creak sound back

(1/2) > >>

grifter:
Occassionally get a creak sound from back end if for instance reversing into drive and on a bit of an angle or manouvering slowly on a twisty bit of road, i.e. camber a bit off from front to back. Is it doughnut bushes perhaps starting to go?

Doctor Gollum:
Probably.

Does it feel slightly disconnected as you throw it through a series of bends?

grifter:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 21 May 2018, 07:23:55 ---Probably.

Does it feel slightly disconnected as you throw it through a series of bends?

--- End quote ---

Hard to tell as not much experience driving one with good bushes, plus im a fairy when i drive. It does feel a bit choppy on a long s bend on one of the back roads i frequent, but it's an omega so not expecting porsche handling!

Only hear it when at parking speeds, likeluly wont hear any noise at speed.

Chazza12:
has similar thing, turn'd out to be the door catches need adjusting. so did all 4. no sounds now. might be the same thing. don't know why but the pass side rear one was rusted on the underneath all others were fine and it was not rusted on the paint work, cleaned it up and painted just the back see if that sorts it no other rust or anything.

grifter:

--- Quote from: Chazza12 on 23 May 2018, 01:37:59 ---has similar thing, turn'd out to be the door catches need adjusting. so did all 4. no sounds now. might be the same thing. don't know why but the pass side rear one was rusted on the underneath all others were fine and it was not rusted on the paint work, cleaned it up and painted just the back see if that sorts it no other rust or anything.

--- End quote ---

In what did they need adjusted? I have checked the catches in case loose as had that with other cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version